Finding High-Res Music

audio.bill

Finding High-Res Music
« on: 23 Feb 2016, 02:30 pm »
Here's a site to help you find sources for high-res music files. It allows you to search for specific titles and lists some current specials. Find High Definition Audio - http://www.findhdmusic.com/

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Finding High-Res Music
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2016, 02:44 pm »
Thanks but this thread already exists. 
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=138100.msg1470232#msg1470232

Please add to that discussion on what you find missing in the FindHDMusic search engine.  I speak with them regularly (since sites like NativeDSD.com relies on them being up to date).

audio.bill

« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2016, 02:52 pm »
Ted, sorry that I missed that existing thread. What I was mentioning turns out to just be a link to the Homepage of the site provided, so it's nothing new. My apologies, and this thread can therefore be removed if possible. Good job moderating, thanks!

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2016, 03:16 pm »
No apologies required.  It's not like that thread was popular.  :)

But yes, please check out the search site and report back.  You can sign up for a nightly update, which I get and peruse.  Some days 3 new titles, some days a hundred (with same title showing on 5 shopping sites of course).

Edit: screw it, let's just use this one.  It has more hits already than that older one did, so what the hell.  Thanks for resurrecting the discussion.  :) :)

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 23 Feb 2016, 03:29 pm »
Ted, sorry that I missed that existing thread. What I was mentioning turns out to just be a link to the Homepage of the site provided, so it's nothing new. My apologies, and this thread can therefore be removed if possible. Good job moderating, thanks!

That's OK - I missed it too.  The link helps a lot vs. going to many sites like I did when I was looking to see if something was available in hi-rez.

Brad

« Reply #5 on: 23 Feb 2016, 03:31 pm »
I was afraid there was a site like this out there.
This is going to cost me some major $  :banghead:

R_burke

« Reply #6 on: 23 Feb 2016, 03:48 pm »
I was afraid there was a site like this out there.
This is going to cost me some major $  :banghead:

Yup, me too

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #7 on: 23 Feb 2016, 03:55 pm »
Even though I was the only one to reply to that other thread, I had already forgotten about it. Therefore, +1 to Bill for posting it today!  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #8 on: 23 Feb 2016, 04:02 pm »
It's easy to miss a thread with one or just a couple of replies.  I don't know when the original thread was but it could easily been while I was away (and I might look at AC a couple of times on the iPhone) or just was busy and hadn't looked at the site for a couple of days.

Brad

« Reply #9 on: 23 Feb 2016, 04:52 pm »
And it might have been hard to tell from my post, but thanks for the link.   That site puts a ton of info into an easy to find/digest format. :thumb: