Digital Power Cords

Emil

Digital Power Cords
« on: 25 Aug 2014, 01:22 pm »
Hello Pete and welcome

Can you please explain how your digital power cord is different compared to your other powercords or other digital cords in general.

Thanks
Emil

rpf

Re: Digital Power Cords
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2014, 04:54 pm »
Yes, info please.

Like I need to spend any more money on audio gear.   :roll:   :lol:

Photon46

« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2014, 05:15 pm »
I use Wireworld Eclipse and Aurora power cords on everything but my power amp (I personally don't feel spending large outlays on power cords is the right allocation of dollars for my system at this point.) The one I thing I do different with all sources of digital noise (cd player and JL Audio sub) is to use a wrap of Stillpoints ERS cloth on both ac cord plugs for those components.

Triode Pete

« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2014, 05:16 pm »
Hello Pete and welcome

Can you please explain how your digital power cord is different compared to your other powercords or other digital cords in general.

Thanks
Emil
Hi Emil,
Thanks!

I specifically designed my new power cable to reduce the noise floor on all types of digital electronics, specifically for SACD / CD players, DACs, Class-D amps, DVD / Blu-ray players as well as audio and video gear, etc. Essentially, my new digital power cable acts like filter, reducing the high frequency noise associated with digital gear, both in audio & video.

How does it differ from my standard “Plus” series of power cables? Well, the geometry of the Litz braiding remains the same but the dielectric is slightly different as well as the connector sets (both internally & externally). I also utilize conductive gold mylar as well as conductive carbon fiber external sleeving to assist in maintaining clean signals as well as providing interference & RF filtering. The CNC-milled aluminum / carbon fiber shell connector bodies are also unique. Designed in the USA by my friend & colleague Ted Paisley (Wavelength Audio / Video), these connector bodies provide a very solid foundation that damps mechanical vibration and isolates electrically as well.

I still need to update my website to include this new digital power cable but through “word of mouth” and using them at four recent audio shows (AXPONA-Chicago, Newport, CAF & CAS), I have sold quite a few with great feedback results so far!

I’ll probably bring a few with me to the upcoming NYAS, September 26-29 @ the Brooklyn Marriott. I’ll be teaming up with Volti Audio & Raven Audio in Room 349.

Cheers,
Pete

Emil

« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2014, 05:35 pm »

Thanks for the info , Pete. Must try one on my Lampizator.

Would you recommend the digital cable for plasmas, LEDs and other types of high definition televisions and projectors?

Triode Pete

« Reply #5 on: 25 Aug 2014, 05:46 pm »
Thanks for the info , Pete. Must try one on my Lampizator.

Would you recommend the digital cable for plasmas, LEDs and other types of high definition televisions and projectors?

Emil,
Yes, it would work very well... Actually, my standard cables work wonders on wide screen TV's & projectors.

In one of my professional reviews (Positive Feedback, see http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue61/triodewire.htm), Reviewer Steve Kozle wrote,

"I realize this is getting off of the beaten path for PFO, but I would be remiss and, quite frankly, downright negligent, if I didn't take a moment to comment on another area of Triode Wire Labs product performance: picture quality. I connected the 10+ cord to the standard definition ceiling mounted projector in my theater room, powered it up, and sat back to see if I could even detect any slight differences. My 16 year old daughter was with me. We had just received our DVD box set of the recent Wrestlemania 28 show, and we were looking forward to reliving the moment when The Rock gives the People's Elbow to John Cena. Obviously I hadn't mentioned the Triode Labs cord to her... you simply don't attempt to have an audiophile power cord discussion with a 16 year old girl. It's just not done.

As soon as the match started she said, "Dad did you get a new projector?" I kept a totally straight poker face... "Nope. Same one, why?" She said, "Why does it look so bright and clear all a sudden? Did you clean it or something?" And that's when I started to explain the cord to her... for about 10 seconds until her eyes glossed over, and I could tell she was starting to regret talking to me. At that point I just smiled, and we both sat back to watch the once in a lifetime match between two wrestling legends on our huge 10' screen, with the best picture clarity and color brightness either of us had ever seen in our room. It had the effect of making us enjoy seeing the match for the second time, more than when we watched the event live. At one point my wife came downstairs for whatever reason, stopped, and said, "Holy crap! How does the picture look so good, is that another one of those power cords?" I just nodded. We had a better seat than most of the 73,000 people in attendance that night.

I couldn't believe my eyes, but there it was a standard definition projector with 10 years of use on it... looking for all the world like it was throwing an HD picture. It was as if my projector finally woke up and dusted itself off after all these years. For all the improvement the Seven+ provided to my stereo amp, the 10+ yielded at least that much improvement to my projector, if not more."

A few of my audiophile customers have my power cables on their LED's, LCD's & Plasma's with great results...

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #6 on: 25 Aug 2014, 09:18 pm »
BTW, the introductory pricing for a 5 ft. long digital power cable will be $499...

Here's a pic from my phone...

jimbones

« Reply #7 on: 16 Sep 2014, 04:33 pm »
I use Wireworld Eclipse and Aurora power cords on everything but my power amp (I personally don't feel spending large outlays on power cords is the right allocation of dollars for my system at this point.) The one I thing I do different with all sources of digital noise (cd player and JL Audio sub) is to use a wrap of Stillpoints ERS cloth on both ac cord plugs for those components.

If I may; I am currently auditioning the digital power cord in my system and I am "replacing" a Wireworld Aurora and Pete's cord is out performing it. I would not say drastic but definitely obvious. I read this thread AFTER I came to my conclusions that voices are smoother (with no loss of detail) and pretty much lives up to his claims of less noise and there seems to be more focus. please note that I have no business relationship with Pete, juat an audiophile looking where I can improve my system. Whether the price of admission is woth it is a personal decision but I can tell you it is a good product.

Triode Pete

« Reply #8 on: 16 Sep 2014, 10:17 pm »
Jim,
Thanks for your honest opinion!

Here's another (better picture) of my new "Digital American" power cable...

Cheers,
Pete

Quiet Earth

« Reply #9 on: 16 Sep 2014, 10:40 pm »
the geometry of the Litz braiding remains the same but the dielectric is slightly different as well as the connector sets...

Hi Pete,

Do all of your cables use Litz wire where each tiny strand is an individually enamel-insulated wire? Or does litz refer to the braiding style of your special stranded wire of choice? I hope it's ok to ask that question here. I don't expect you to divulge any trade secrets,  I just get confused when the word "Litz" is used.

I think that you make very nice cables either way. Keep up the good work.
 :D

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 16 Sep 2014, 11:59 pm »
Damn Pete.... Those connectors look awesome man! One of the best looking cables I have seen for sure... Send me some to try, and I'll tell you if it sounds good or not.

Problem for me is my entire front end is digital, and I'd go broke buying one of these for each of my components.... :(

Monobloc DAC's, Server, linear supplies for NAS and Router....

werd

« Reply #11 on: 17 Sep 2014, 02:47 am »
Jim,
Thanks for your honest opinion!

Here's another (better picture) of my new "Digital American" power cable...

Cheers,
Pete

Looks really good Pete. What I want to know is how do I win it? :lol: I can't tell ya how much i like the PC i got.  thanks again.

jimbones

« Reply #12 on: 17 Sep 2014, 12:06 pm »
Yes I believe another contest is in order  :wink:

Triode Pete

« Reply #13 on: 17 Sep 2014, 08:12 pm »
Hi Pete,

Do all of your cables use Litz wire where each tiny strand is an individually enamel-insulated wire? Or does litz refer to the braiding style of your special stranded wire of choice? I hope it's ok to ask that question here. I don't expect you to divulge any trade secrets,  I just get confused when the word "Litz" is used.

I think that you make very nice cables either way. Keep up the good work.
 :D

It is a Litzendraht hand-braid, not a Litz wire construction as you stated above.

Thanks for you accolades,  :thumb:
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #14 on: 21 Sep 2014, 05:20 pm »
The "Digital American" has been updated on the website and is now "live"...

http://www.triodewirelabs.com/digital-power-cable-reduces-noise-floor.html

Cheers,
Pete