Best Bryston Amp to power PMC LD1 Speakers ?

Bill310

Best Bryston Amp to power PMC LD1 Speakers ?
« on: 3 Sep 2015, 04:50 am »
I currently use a Bryston 3bST to power my PMC LB1's

I am looking to buy a new used amp and am looking at either                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           the Bryston 4BST and the 7BST monobocks.

Will the mono blocks have simply too much power ?

Chicago

Re: Best Bryston Amp to power PMC LD1 Speakers ?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Sep 2015, 03:58 am »
I think the specs call for an amp up to 300w so a 4 series should be more than adequate.  A 4Bst should drive most speakers out there, but folks sure seem to like the 7 and 28 monos.  I use a 4Bsst to drive B&W 803 D2's and the amp never struggles.

Bill310

« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2015, 05:53 am »
I just upgraded to a pair of 7BST mono-blocks to drive my LB1's

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 11 Sep 2015, 11:00 am »
I just upgraded to a pair of 7BST mono-blocks to drive my LB1's

Hi Bill

Great! - what differences do you notice?

james

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #4 on: 11 Sep 2015, 04:39 pm »
 Good question. I would like to know being I'm still thinking about an upgrade too. :thumb:

Bill310

« Reply #5 on: 12 Sep 2015, 03:49 am »
Hi James,

We are moving to a new house so I won't get them set up until we are settled.

So far in my upgrade process I have a new (to me) Bryston CD player (thanks again James), a Bryston BIT15 Power Conditioner, and have sent my PMC LB1 speaker grills to Simply Speakers for a cosmetic recover.

I am now getting ready to sell my Bryston 3BST and my California Audio Labs DAC to help pay for my new acquisitions.

When we get into the new house I am planning to buy all new connections and speaker wire, Mike Pickett from your shop has been a tremendous help in advising me on this.

When things are up and running I will post and update. My next challenge is finding a decent stand to store my components, any suggestions?

Hi Bill

Great! - what differences do you notice?

james