IsoNodes

Mike19

• Carbona, not glue.
IsoNodes
« on: 12 Feb 2009, 03:03 pm »
Last night I turned on my Samsung 1500 BD player and put my hand on top to see if it was vibrating. It was - a lot, even though it was sitting on 1/2" MDF platform in my eqipment rack. I then put 3 small sized IsoNodes underneath the BDP and the vibration was reduced by like 90%.  :D

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: IsoNodes
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2009, 04:11 pm »
Beware! Isonodes in time will not only leave a stain on your shelf, it'll bond itself in a way that makes it nearly impossible to totally remove. I learned this the hard way on 3 of my shelves. My advise and this is what I did for the single use of the stuff I have left was to cut out plastic rings the size of an Isonode once it flattens out and place it under the Isonode. I picked up some black plastic that would match my shelves. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

TheChairGuy

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2009, 05:15 pm »
I ended up using aluminum foil under them for the same reason.

They are rather squishy and don't carry much weigh...so they flattened really fast here tho.  Perhaps I loaded them too heavy, but they are too sensitive and have very low payloads to bother with anymore.  But, they did work when round still.

John

Emil

« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2009, 05:47 pm »

Have you guys had the chance to compare it to vibrapods, vibracones or herbies stuff?

TheChairGuy

« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2009, 06:00 pm »
Vibrapods - utterly worthless as far as I could test (and the load was within their narrow range, too)

Vibracones - don't know 'em / based on Vibrapod results, I couldn't care less

Herbies Tenderfeet - Fabulous in most instance used on (getting pricey these days, tho)

I've got 8 or so Vibrapods (#5 I think, the heaviest 88-112 lbs per 4 pods) gathering dust here.  If you want to do experiments with them, I'll ship them to you free.  Just pay me nominal freight to you.  How's that sound, Emil? aa

John

EDIT: I see you're in LI...hooray!  I was born in Flushing and raised in Syosset myself  :wink:

weirdo

« Reply #5 on: 12 Feb 2009, 07:02 pm »
Hockey pucks at 0.89 each ( Dick's). useful, reasonably attractive, perform some unquantifiable vibration reduction. Its worth it to hear your friends rant about you being an eccentric madman. 

Mike19

• Carbona, not glue.
« Reply #6 on: 15 Feb 2009, 05:19 am »
I had/have the large IsoNodes under my Onkyo 850 7.1 avr. The INodes melted and are now a permanent accessary to my 805.  :duh:

I figured INodes under a BDP wouldn't melt. And, the Samsung 1500 is built like a cheap toy - weighs almost nothing (but it does perform well).

Emil

« Reply #7 on: 15 Feb 2009, 09:11 pm »
Vibrapods - utterly worthless as far as I could test (and the load was within their narrow range, too)

Vibracones - don't know 'em / based on Vibrapod results, I couldn't care less

Herbies Tenderfeet - Fabulous in most instance used on (getting pricey these days, tho)

I've got 8 or so Vibrapods (#5 I think, the heaviest 88-112 lbs per 4 pods) gathering dust here.  If you want to do experiments with them, I'll ship them to you free.  Just pay me nominal freight to you.  How's that sound, Emil? aa

John

EDIT: I see you're in LI...hooray!  I was born in Flushing and raised in Syosset myself  :wink:

John
That's mighty nice of you but I think l'll pass. Looks like those #5 pods would work best under speakers or heavy amps.

Congrats from escaping from LI :thumb: As soon as my daughter is on her own, I'm outta here :lol:

mmakshak

« Reply #8 on: 22 Feb 2009, 08:50 am »
I found that 3 small isonodes under Maprik's(Audiogon) myrtle blocks beat just putting my Nuforce 8.5 V1's on 4-inch Mapleshade amp stands.  It also beat just the myrtle blocks.  Previously, it beat just isonodes.  So, it's amp, myrtle, small isonodes, then amp stand.  I will be trying this under Nuforce 9V2 amps soon.  This would also solve the melting(but not squishing) problem.

stone deaf

« Reply #9 on: 22 Mar 2009, 04:41 am »
Have any of you tried using vibropods with one of Herbie's Lampblack Balls ste in the inner ring? It's like a poor man's isocup but it seems to work. I got the idea when I bought isocups and grungebuster balls for a turntable. I had leftover lampblack balls and some vibrapods and got to playing around with the idea. I use them under my amp and preamp. The lampblack balls sell for $.49 each.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #10 on: 22 Mar 2009, 02:57 pm »
John
That's mighty nice of you but I think l'll pass. Looks like those #5 pods would work best under speakers or heavy amps.

Congrats from escaping from LI :thumb: As soon as my daughter is on her own, I'm outta here :lol:

Emil,

I found only spikes and wood work under speakers.....anything squishy mucks up the presentation entirely (imaging suffers horribly).  Under amps they may be worthwhile....but I have found zero instances (including heavy amps) where they were of benefit.

The Herbies and even Isonodes (tho too squishy for anything but the lightest gear) do work in most instances.

I fled LI after 31 years and have been living quite happily elsewhere for 15 years now.  I love visiting and seeing family, friends and old haunts, but care not to live there again. My wife, from Glen Cove, feels much the same :)

John

patx

« Reply #11 on: 30 Apr 2009, 12:03 pm »
Hi guys, newbie here. Sorry to dig up this thread, but has anyone compared the Voodoo Isopods with the Isonodes before?
Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.