Help with BRadio

Norton

Help with BRadio
« on: 30 Jun 2015, 09:01 am »
I am trying to add the BBC 320kbs feeds so far without success and have a number of queries:

1. As far as I can see no BBC stations are included as std in BRadio.  Am I right -  for a product  sold in UK this seems odd?

2.Is there a way for the user to add additional stations to the BRadio console?  I can access other stations by entering the URL, playing and then saving the resulting playlist, but I can't add to the master BRadio list.

3.I can do the above successfully for any 128kbs streams but can't get the BBC 320 Kbps streams to work at all (just hang)  Fairly sure it's not my internet connection as these streams work perfectly on my IPad, while any of the 320 Kbs stations included as standard on the BRadio list work perfectly.

The streams I am trying to add are documented here:

http://steveseear.org/high-quality-bbc-radio-streams/

Any chance of Bryston just adding them to next MM update?

Marius

Re: Help with BRadio
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2015, 10:59 am »
+1!

Have been trying to persuade Chris to add support for BBC stations for a long time.... have various version of the BBCstreams added (.pls, .asx, bbc3net) but alas, no support for this high quality radio station.
Afraid that this hasn't made things easier: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2015/mar/05/new-internet-radio-listen-bbc-stations

do a search on AC, to read Chris explain why the list is as it is, too bad, the BDP really offers more than whats on right now. I know, cause I've manually edited several other missing stations into a playlist, and they played fine. do a search on the AVRO classical stations for some higher resolution internet radio.

Would be great if at least a easy way of entering and saving a station would be provided, just as it is possible to create a playlist in the MPD player.

Hope the new BBC stations will be extra reason for Bryston to make an extra effort in making the BRadio a better case.

Cheers, Marius
ps if ever you need a great app for internet radio, just use TuneinPro http://tunein.com. It works wonders, looks great, and you can stream from there to which ever receiver supports airplay . Even the BDP for that matter... ;-) get it here for your mobile: http://tunein.com/get-tunein/
happy streaming!

I am trying to add the BBC 320kbs feeds so far without success and have a number of queries:

1. As far as I can see no BBC stations are included as std in BRadio.  Am I right -  for a product  sold in UK this seems odd?

2.Is there a way for the user to add additional stations to the BRadio console?  I can access other stations by entering the URL, playing and then saving the resulting playlist, but I can't add to the master BRadio list.

3.I can do the above successfully for any 128kbs streams but can't get the BBC 320 Kbps streams to work at all (just hang)  Fairly sure it's not my internet connection as these streams work perfectly on my IPad, while any of the 320 Kbs stations included as standard on the BRadio list work perfectly.

The streams I am trying to add are documented here:

http://steveseear.org/high-quality-bbc-radio-streams/

Any chance of Bryston just adding them to next MM update?

Norton

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jul 2015, 09:52 am »
Thanks,

While it would be good to have them in the BRadio list, I'm happy enough going down the playlist route instead, but as far as I can see these new BBC  HLS streams don't work on the Bryston at all.  Are they simply not compatible with the Bryston in some way?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jul 2015, 07:48 pm »
Thanks,

While it would be good to have them in the BRadio list, I'm happy enough going down the playlist route instead, but as far as I can see these new BBC  HLS streams don't work on the Bryston at all.  Are they simply not compatible with the Bryston in some way?

BBC Radio has been rolling out a new system to unify how people access all BBC Radio stations online, i wouldn't be at all surprised if there shoutcast servers are being taken down

Norton

« Reply #4 on: 1 Jul 2015, 09:20 pm »
They work fine by entering the URL into Safari on my IPad, but  just hang on the BDP.

Is the HLS format somehow incompatible with the BDP?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #5 on: 1 Jul 2015, 11:33 pm »
ok, but the BDP isn't a web browser though.

bRadio is a front end to the shoutcast.com database for the BDP, so what shoutcast.com has bRadio has

Marius

« Reply #6 on: 2 Jul 2015, 07:41 am »
Chris,

are you planning to upgrade this software, the BDP is certainly capable of playing those streams.

maybe at least allow us to enter a stream, name and save it within the BRadio interface please?

And since the stations now are listed on listeners only, please allow the columns to be the order. sampling, alphabet etc ^ and v, so much easier if that could be possible.

Would be great btw if the playlist could be ordered in nested hierarchy also. We then could make something like Internet Streams in the playlist, for direct acces, and personal taste.

like this: 

Thanks,
Marius

bRadio is a front end to the shoutcast.com database for the BDP, so what shoutcast.com has bRadio has

Norton

« Reply #7 on: 2 Jul 2015, 08:29 am »

So if I enter a URL in the "white box" and hit play, it only works if the URL is in the Shoutcast DB?  I have been able to get stations not listed under BRadio to work that way, just not the BBC HLS  ones.  Is there a reason then why some stations in the Shoucast DB don't appear in the BDP list (any BBC station for example)?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #8 on: 2 Jul 2015, 12:53 pm »
The "white box" for entering urls will accept any link that is a shoutcast or icecast server.  It will accept playlists in either pls or m3u format containing a list of shoutcast or icecast servers.

Tubegem

« Reply #9 on: 27 Jan 2021, 07:03 pm »
On bRadio, I haves tried completing the urls and have copy and pasted some from members with no luck.

The couple of station that I have found that I have previously accessed with Sony Hap and Lumin, I do find the sound from bRadio/MM to be more detailed, fuller in sound and more enjoyable, even when when using the other units as transports. Sound from within mm is better to my ears.

I have internet radio on all day. Not sure if this is possible, but as a possible solution for the updated software, but have a look at TuneIn and Lumin’s implementation. One creates a free Tunein account, Lumin creates a link in it’s software and one just updates one’s system. Tunein has a wonderful search engine, looks great,access to sports, blogs etc and is 100% responsible for programming. So, you would only have to creat the interface. Not sure of licensing costs.

viz

« Reply #10 on: 12 Feb 2022, 09:12 am »
Hello everyone! Anybody know how I get get BBC Radio 3 on BRadio?