HD Tracks Price Increase

jermmd

Re: HD Tracks Price Increase
« Reply #40 on: 22 Sep 2009, 11:21 pm »
It seems to me that downloading content should be vastly cheaper than shipping and packaging content, not to mention giving the retailer a significant cut. If the price was the same for downloading high rez content vs. buying a CD from a retailer, I would only buy the high rez content. I suspect that most other people would feel the same way if they knew about it. The increased sales should more than compensate for the decreased profit on each title. Everyone will benefit from cheaper hi rez downloads.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #41 on: 29 Sep 2009, 05:37 pm »
I agree.  I cannot imagine paying $12 or $15 or $17 or $20+ for a download with no physical disc as backup for HD failure.  Despite whatever internet hookup and badwidth costs are, they pale in comparison to physical distribution of discs:  stamping, labeling, liner notes, packaging, bulk packaging, shipping, warehouse costs, retail store square foot lease costs, retail clerk costs, or if not brick and mortar, then warehousing and internet sales and returns costs, etc.  Downloading content is a new paradigm and for the cost to us the consumers, to be the same as the old paradigm, just astounds me.

srb

« Reply #42 on: 29 Sep 2009, 06:36 pm »
I agree.  Beside not getting the physical disk for backup, you also don't get the printed insert materials either.  Yes, they can offer downloads to print, but it's not the same, particularly if it is a multipage, printed on both sides mini-booklet, which is a major pain in the arse to try and print.

Perhaps this is where competition comes in.  HD Tracks is one of the early vendors of hi-rez dowloads, but certainly not the last.  Perhaps a new kid on the block will understand the philosophy of selling a hi-rez dowload for the same price as a Redbook CD, because it is sans disc and inserts.

Steve

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #43 on: 1 Oct 2009, 01:28 am »
I'd like to thank Norm Chesky and the gang at HDTracks for going ahead and offering their customers the 20% one-time discount which doesn't expire until Dec 31.  Most of us received this email today.  Although it doesn't address a long-term pricing issue we're discussing here, it does prove that good companies are ones that listen to their customers and are willing to provdide some compromises.

I assume this one-time discount is good on any size order.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #44 on: 1 Oct 2009, 01:41 am »
I have purchased a good amount of music from HDTracks, but I didn't receive an e-mail today.  :-(

George

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #45 on: 1 Oct 2009, 01:42 am »
I have purchased a good amount of music from HDTracks, but I didn't receive an e-mail today.  :-(

George

Oh yes you did...   :D

mdconnelly

« Reply #46 on: 1 Oct 2009, 02:18 am »
Hmmm, I'm confused.   I've also been a good customer of HDTracks but haven't seen an email either. 

normanchesky

« Reply #47 on: 1 Oct 2009, 02:58 pm »
Thanks for joining the discussion Norman, as you can see may of us are keen to access more high resolution sources and you've been a leader in this area.  Hence the healthy debate.

Do you have a projected/approximate timeline for the availability of the new additions?

The best way to keep in touch with our new releases is to subscribe to get on our hdtracks email list and receive our weekly newsletters.

normanchesky

« Reply #48 on: 1 Oct 2009, 02:59 pm »
I'd like to thank Norm Chesky and the gang at HDTracks for going ahead and offering their customers the 20% one-time discount which doesn't expire until Dec 31.  Most of us received this email today.  Although it doesn't address a long-term pricing issue we're discussing here, it does prove that good companies are ones that listen to their customers and are willing to provdide some compromises.

I assume this one-time discount is good on any size order.

You are correct. 

normanchesky

« Reply #49 on: 1 Oct 2009, 03:05 pm »
Hmmm, I'm confused.   I've also been a good customer of HDTracks but haven't seen an email either.

The email that we just sent out offering a 20% discount was not sent to our entire customer list, but only to the customers that actually purchased downloads from our high resolution store. Remember, we only raised our prices in the high resolution store, not anywhere else on the site.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #50 on: 1 Oct 2009, 03:07 pm »

The email that we just sent out offering a 20% discount was not sent to our entire customer list, but only to the customers that actually purchased downloads from our high resolution store. Remember, we only raised our prices in the high resolution store, not anywhere else on the site.

I have purchased over half a dozen hi-rez downloads and didn't receive anything.

George

mdconnelly

« Reply #51 on: 1 Oct 2009, 03:44 pm »
Same with me... numerous HD downloads, no email with 20% discount (and I'd definitely take advantage of that if offered!)

I have purchased over half a dozen hi-rez downloads and didn't receive anything.

George

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #52 on: 1 Oct 2009, 05:31 pm »
Norm,
How about offering it to my AC HiRez circle participants?  You could send them the code via a PM (so it's not all over the Net).   :)

TomS

« Reply #53 on: 1 Oct 2009, 05:38 pm »
Norm,
How about offering it to my AC HiRez circle participants?  You could send them the code via a PM (so it's not all over the Net).   :)
I like the way you think  :wink:

Lyndon

« Reply #54 on: 1 Oct 2009, 05:44 pm »
Sounds like a good idea, Ted_b! :thumb:

mdconnelly

« Reply #55 on: 1 Oct 2009, 07:38 pm »
Norman, I appreciate you monitoring this thread!  Would it be possible to forward to you the electronic invoice from recent HDTracks HiRez purchases in order to get the 20% off coupon?   

normanchesky

« Reply #56 on: 1 Oct 2009, 10:08 pm »

George

George, and the rest of the guys that say they purchased but never received our 20% discount.
Please go to our contact page on Hdtracks.com and tell them that you are from the audiocircle forum and we will forward you on a coupon.  Norman.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #57 on: 1 Oct 2009, 10:36 pm »

George

George, and the rest of the guys that say they purchased but never received our 20% discount.
Please go to our contact page on Hdtracks.com and tell them that you are from the audiocircle forum and we will forward you on a coupon.  Norman.

Thanks Norman.

George

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #58 on: 1 Oct 2009, 11:25 pm »

George

Thank you Norman.  HDtracks and Audio Circle HiRez Forum...very nice 24/96 ring to it.   :thumb:

DSD_Mastering

« Reply #59 on: 12 Oct 2009, 04:29 am »
Don't forget 88.2!!

Regards