NFL Football ('14-'15)

roscoeiii

Re: NFL Football ('14-'15)
« Reply #320 on: 16 Nov 2014, 09:19 pm »
So you're saying Bears-Vikings wasn't interesting?

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #321 on: 16 Nov 2014, 09:58 pm »
So you're saying Bears-Vikings wasn't interesting?

No the opposite, just that the two teams are too erratic in their week to week performance to venture a pick, could go either was so easily.  Obviously.

charmerci

« Reply #322 on: 16 Nov 2014, 11:28 pm »
As a Skins fan, I'm always upbeat and positive - especially about the next game - but man, they were BAD!
  :dunno: :shake: :roll: :evil: :(

The worst secondary in the league and DeSean J was consistently open!  RG3 really stunk it up!  :slap: :banghead:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #323 on: 17 Nov 2014, 01:37 am »
Yeah, once again, Colt is on a team that can't admit it paid too much for a QB, so he sits on the bench.  He may not be a great NFL QB, but he was better than Weeden when the Browns blew a first round pick, and now he's better from the pocket than RGIII (was that three first round picks they gave up for him?)

But as much as a Cowboy fan likes to see the Skin's lose, today it's the Packers that have a warm spot in my heart!
"...the talk about it being ridiculous to consider the Eagles for the Super Bowl will ring very hollow" Well, Letitroll98, that may eventually be true, but not today.  Ouch, 53-13 until the last Philly garbage time td.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #324 on: 17 Nov 2014, 02:37 am »
As a Skins fan, I'm always upbeat and positive - especially about the next game - but man, they were BAD!
  :dunno: :shake: :roll: :evil: :(

The worst secondary in the league and DeSean J was consistently open!  RG3 really stunk it up!  :slap: :banghead:

Was at the game in person : many times the crowd was booing the skins when they weren't either dumbfounded or groaning.  Just about every mistake that could be made was : fumbles, stupid penalties, dropping balls, interceptions / turnovers galore, over throwing the ball or worst yet, not throwing it all even when multiple receivers were wide open and then trying to scramble forward for a few yards.  Yikes - what the hell was going on? This was honestly one of the worst Redskins performances I've ever seen.

The only positive I can see out of this is I now know I don't have to bother to either go to another game or watch another at least this season.  The last nail has gone in the coffin. A sad day for Redskins fans, but at least we now know definitively that it's over.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #325 on: 17 Nov 2014, 01:18 pm »
Yeah, once again, Colt is on a team that can't admit it paid too much for a QB, so he sits on the bench.  He may not be a great NFL QB, but he was better than Weeden when the Browns blew a first round pick, and now he's better from the pocket than RGIII (was that three first round picks they gave up for him?)

But as much as a Cowboy fan likes to see the Skin's lose, today it's the Packers that have a warm spot in my heart!
"...the talk about it being ridiculous to consider the Eagles for the Super Bowl will ring very hollow" Well, Letitroll98, that may eventually be true, but not today.  Ouch, 53-13 until the last Philly garbage time td.

Yeah, they came up very small in a big moment.  I stopped watching and listened to some new audio gear.  This game really showed that they aren't as ready for prime time as we thought.  We all, in Philly, thought that they would likely lose this game, probably by a last minute score by Rogers.  That they were so badly outclassed on all sides of the ball was disheartening.  They will likely still win the East, but thoughts of winning road games against top opponents in the playoffs are gone.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #326 on: 17 Nov 2014, 02:57 pm »
I really don't know who is going to win the East.  Philly is just an odd team this year.  Special teams and defense have been winning for much of the year for you guys, but your offense has been unimpressive.  Dallas, on the other hand, has been running the ball well, but relies on a quarterback with two broken vertebrae.  Our special teams have been unimpressive to sorry.  Our defense is fair at best.   Romo will only have 3 days rest before playing the Eagles on turkey day.  I could see you guys winning the first match and Dallas winning the second.  The key may be can we beat the Colts.  If Indy defend the run like they did last night against the Pats, I like our chances.

steve f

« Reply #327 on: 17 Nov 2014, 07:02 pm »
The Cardinals impressed me this week. Green Bay has an o line that is really good at holding. Oh and New England Pats look very good

jimdgoulding

« Reply #328 on: 17 Nov 2014, 08:12 pm »
I really don't know who is going to win the East.  Philly is just an odd team this year.  Special teams and defense have been winning for much of the year for you guys, but your offense has been unimpressive.  Dallas, on the other hand, has been running the ball well, but relies on a quarterback with two broken vertebrae.  Our special teams have been unimpressive to sorry.  Our defense is fair at best.   Romo will only have 3 days rest before playing the Eagles on turkey day.  I could see you guys winning the first match and Dallas winning the second.  The key may be can we beat the Colts.  If Indy defend the run like they did last night against the Pats, I like our chances.
Looks like the Cowboys will today.  If Romo can stay healthy, he's the best QB in the NFC East.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #329 on: 17 Nov 2014, 08:34 pm »
Jim - That's a kind of a tallest midget claim. Folks is injured and wasn't playing great. Eli threw 5 picks yesterday and appears to be a feed star. RG3 has become laughably bad. Romo reigns by default.

Meanwhile the QB we count on up here in Colorado appears to be losing his touch. He threw many errant passes yesterday, some of which were caught by his own team. He missed badly most of the day. Even his lone touchdown was completed only because E. Sanders adjusted enough with no one anywhere near him. He was literally outplayed by Shaun Hill.

I see Kansas City taking the AFC West with Denver coming in as the 5th seed. Shame. The Broncos win most of the time even though they are usually outcoached. Now, with important players injured, they will probably lose 3 more games winding up at 10-6.

Right now it looks like Rodgers vs. Brady in the Super Bowl. I'd give that one to New England.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #330 on: 24 Nov 2014, 03:31 pm »
The Cardinals rushed five guys against Romo and were successful.  But, New York wasn't even close.  There might be some coaching changes up there next season.  The Cowboys beat Philly, me thinks, unless, maybe, THEY can shut down Romo.  That son-of-a-gun has become an elite QB, imo.  And, the Pokes can run.  I think they win the East.  I can't figure it.  They still have the same head coach but somebody is making a difference.  My home team Houston needs a QB bad.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #331 on: 24 Nov 2014, 04:03 pm »
The Cardinals rushed five guys against Romo and were successful.  But, New York wasn't even close.  There might be some coaching changes up there next season.  The Cowboys beat Philly, me thinks, unless, maybe, THEY can shut down Romo.  That son-of-a-gun has become an elite QB, imo.  And, the Pokes can run.  I think they win the East.  I can't figure it.  They still have the same head coach but somebody is making a difference.  My home team Houston needs a QB bad.
Getting rid of Rob Ryan might have something to do with it. He's ruining the Saints now, isn't he?

chip

« Reply #332 on: 24 Nov 2014, 09:07 pm »
Right now it looks like Rodgers vs. Brady in the Super Bowl. I'd give that one to New England.

We will see that this Sunday and hopefully it will be a good game.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #333 on: 25 Nov 2014, 03:10 am »
Jon Gruden is, without question, the worst sports broadcaster in the history of sports broadcasting. He's not fit to wear Madden's, Gifford's or Meredith's jock straps as dunce caps.  :cuss:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #334 on: 25 Nov 2014, 04:34 am »
Good game though, until the fourth quarter.  I wish ever so much your Saints could have pulled it out and given my Steelers a boost.  Oh well.

Not so fast, onside kick looms.

Never mind.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #335 on: 25 Nov 2014, 04:35 am »
Jon Gruden is, without question, the worst sports broadcaster in the history of sports broadcasting. He's not fit to wear Madden's, Gifford's or Meredith's jock straps as dunce caps.  :cuss:

I have little respect for the opinions of Saints' fans, but in this case you're 100% right.  If I ever return to Lousyiana, I'll buy you a beer!   :thumb:

charmerci

« Reply #336 on: 25 Nov 2014, 10:03 am »
Wow - the Falcons and Saints are leading their division at 4-7!!!! 

:o :o :o

jimdgoulding

« Reply #337 on: 25 Nov 2014, 04:45 pm »
Getting rid of Rob Ryan might have something to do with it. He's ruining the Saints now, isn't he?
I dunno, but it's on offense where Dallas is becoming elite.

sts9fan

« Reply #338 on: 25 Nov 2014, 05:51 pm »
Romo will be Romo when it counts. 

Pneumonic

« Reply #339 on: 26 Nov 2014, 12:22 am »
I wonder if this is just the start?

Sherman and Baldwin mock NFL hypocrisy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLbv4_TpsL8