Bamberg Studio Reference or MMT Concept B Speakers Sale Pending!

Tubeburner

Please read my phone call with Phil Bamberg about the specs for the drivers and crossover.

Selling my Bamberg "Studio Reference" or MMT Concept B prototype Speakers. These are speakers I thought I would never sell, but I want to upgrade to the series 5. These are a special pair that were tweaked by Phillip Bamberg to .5 db per octave for his customer who backed out on a 30 pair deal. These are beautifully finished and have magnetic grills.  Phil said there is one cap for the bass and the reason the bass is quick or snappy. The crossover is Phil's expertise. The crossover includes hand tuned and matched high quality poly caps, and Jantzen Copper inductors. All wiring is high purity Teflon coated Copper. These truly sing with all music.

Frequency response is from 28Khz to 32 Hz - dimentions 9-W  X -12-D- X- 47-H  52lbs.

I have the shipping cartons. Local sale in the Seattle area is welcome. Shipping(with insurance) is extra.

$2395.00 obo.
$2200 obo

« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2017, 01:21 pm by Tubeburner »

Tubeburner

Re: Bamberg Studio Reference Speakers New price $2200
« Reply #1 on: 3 Sep 2017, 02:48 am »
I ordered my speakers, so new lower price  $2200 obo. These killed the Devore Super 8's I had.  I'll get a better camera tomorrow.

Tubeburner

If someone wants to demo these in the Seattle area, please contact me. These are worth your time.

dkalsi

Any idea what drivers were utilized?

Bamberg products are world class - good luck with the sale!

Tubeburner

I have an email in to Phil Bamberg to verify the drivers. I was told the Tweeter is a Vifa Scanspeak 1inch Silk dome tweeter. There are 2 Mid- Bass drivers, the latest 7 inch Aluminum drivers from Peerless - of Norway.

I will post when I hear from Phil.

Tubeburner

Phone call with Phil Bamberg:

Yes, the woofers are Peerless aluminum woofers with copper in the motor. They are low distortion high rez woofers with a pure clear sound. There is a trap circuit in the crossover to control the cone ring.

The tweeter are a Scan Speak design. The faceted baffle smooths the tweeter response for improved, disappearing imaging. They are over achieving speakers and the cabinet finish is excellent.

The transition between the woofer and tweeter is seamless. The crossover is completely inaudible, leaving a singular unified sound.

This is a 2.5-way design meaning the lower woofer is rolled out early, leaving only the upper woofer to cross with the tweeter. This means the speaker acts as an efficient dual woofer in the lower range, but as a single woofer for best imaging in the high range.

Thank you Phil for clarifying this.

Cacophonix

I own Phil's MT version of this speaker that used Peerless woofer, and vifa driver. I built it ported, and it sounds fabulous. I bet whoever gets this will be thrilled.

limits

I own Phil's MT version of this speaker that used Peerless woofer, and vifa driver. I built it ported, and it sounds fabulous. I bet whoever gets this will be thrilled.

...wish the 'whoever' was me, but the boss said  :nono:, otherwise these would be sold. Seriously great value for the list price here people!!...somebody please buy these and put me out of my misery  :lol:

GLWS, tubeburner  :thumb:

limits

Tubeburner

Thank you for the kind comments. This is the only pair of these speakers that were developed. Bamberg speakers will not disappoint you.

Zkidd

Hi,
I actually live just south of you in Everett, WA. My wife is out of town for the weekend so this would be a great time for me to listen to your speakers. I cannot believe someone has not snapped these up. Lucky for me the bride does not care if these come into the house or not. The only caveat she mentioned to me is to  be sure I audition these so I will be sure that I am pleased with them. I should have her cloned!
Anyway, let me know when would be a good time to get together to give these a listen.

Many thanks!
BJ

Zkidd

Oops - a quick aside here. I am planning on driving these with tubes. Looking at your moniker I am assuming you are doing the same. I have a pair of Raymond Lumley Megavox 150 Signatures. Amazing beasts at 95 pounds each and 150wpc though I feel that rating is a little low. Am I correct in assuming that you have glass driving these as opposed to sand?

Many thanks again!
BJ aka ZK

Tubeburner

I actually live just south of you in Everett, WA. My wife is out of town for the weekend so this would be a great time for me to listen to your speakers. I cannot believe someone has not snapped these up. Lucky for me the bride does not care if these come into the house or not. The only caveat she mentioned to me is to  be sure I audition these so I will be sure that I am pleased with them. I should have her cloned!
Anyway, let me know when would be a good time to get together to give these a listen.

Yes, we can arrange an audition as long as you understand that once you hear the Bamberg's, you will want to keep them! My wife is the same. She never gives me grief about any gear. I'll send you a PM.

Tubeburner

Yes, I use tubes to drive the Bambergs. Funny, I use a pair of Lumley Reference 120 mono blocks. The Lumley amps are so rare in the USA. The Bamberg's will be a perfect fit IMO.

Tubeburner

I am taking best offer for the Bamberg's this week. I may trade for a music server, speaker wire(2.5m), interconnects, tube amp, ect. and always cash talks.
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2017, 04:09 am by Tubeburner »