VMPS Inventory available

Brax

Re: VMPS Inventory available
« Reply #100 on: 12 Jan 2014, 05:24 am »
John,

I assumed Brian magnetized the woofers himself, adjusting the strength of the mid woofer differently than that of the low bass woofer.

Will these be identical to the latest woofers used in the RM40 production? (motor, phase plug, rubber surround and basket)

Please send me a cost estimate for shipping one mid and one low bass woofer to 53142.

John Casler

« Reply #101 on: 12 Jan 2014, 11:53 pm »
I believe at one time, Brian "did" the magnetization himself, but the factory also had the capability and precision to meet his specs.

According to my contact, these will be built the same as Brian's last orders of this driver.  I am not sure however about the phase plug, which Brian told me he made in house.

I will PM you the total shipped cost.

jbakedc

« Reply #102 on: 22 Jan 2014, 09:53 pm »
UPDATE:

Sold about half of my VMPS drivers so far - thanks to VMPS AudioCircle members.

So, now I have 8 used, good condition, VMPS neo panels from my previous RM40 speaker with short length soldered wires (few inches) attached to terminals. 
Also still have four unused neo-panels (no wires ever attached/soldered).

All neo-panels are Brian Cheney’s update version. 

IMO, the used VMPS neo-panels are as good as the unused ones. Pricing is $115 each plus shipping for two (two panels are the minimum quantity to be sold at a time).  Can discount price for four or more neo-panels as stated in my previous post here (if they are still available).

Also have two each used VMPS spiral tweeters for $35 each plus ship - only will sell as a pair.

Still have a working pair (poor cosmetics) of modified old true-ribbon so-called 'swinging' tweeters for experimenters only, as stated in previous post.

Bill  (in NJ)

Hi Bill - I'd be interested in purchasing the pair spiral ribbon tweeters off of you if they're still available. I'm currently in the process of restoring a pair of severely cosmetically challenged 626R's back to their former glory, and it looks as if one of the previous owners of the set took it upon themselves to cover the front plate of one of the tweeters in a mess of hot glue. I'm still new to Audiocircle, so cannot send you a PM at the moment (hence this post), but can coordinate via whatever other means of communications you prefer.

bill13

« Reply #103 on: 24 Mar 2014, 02:40 pm »
24 March 2014

Yes, still have some good used VMPS neo panels available -- removed from RM40 speakers. Pricing is $115 each plus shipping for two (two panels are the minimum quantity to be sold at a time). 

Price for four or more neo-panels is reduced to $100 each plus shipping + insurance (USPS priority mail which I understand is less expensive compared to FedEx or UPS).  All my new, unused, neo panels have been sold.

If you are interested email me at bill13@optonline.net  (PayPal or MO).  Note: PayPal charges a (extra) transaction fee.  If you want a shipping cost estimate (+insurance, + PayPal fee, if applicable) please include your USA address.

Sorry, I did not see your posting until today - haven't visited this AudioCircle thread in quite a while.

Bill

bill13

« Reply #104 on: 26 Mar 2014, 02:36 pm »
26 March 2014

Still have pair of used VMPS early spiral ribbon tweeters removed from RM40 speakers for $35 each.  Email me at bill13@optonline.net if you are interested.

BTW, already sold a pair of VMPS spiral ribbon tweeters (had total of four each).

Bill

audiophile03

« Reply #105 on: 18 Jul 2014, 07:09 pm »
Are there any more neopanels left? I am hoping those are the ones I am looking for, for my AV123 Onix Strata Mini's.

bill13

« Reply #106 on: 19 Jul 2014, 12:21 am »
 I believe I still have  8 each VMPS Neopanel planar magnetic drivers left -- I would have to check my 'inventory' if somebody wants to buy all eight.
My VMPS neopanels look similar to the 8" planar magnetic drivers used in your AV123 Onix Strata Mini's -- but I do not know if my VMPS brand neopanels would perform the same in Onix brand speakers .  The physical & electrical parameters might be different.

Perhaps you should try to find out more info about your AV123 Onix Strata Mini's midrange driver - perhaps contact the speaker manufacturer?  Somehow, I doubt that VMPS specs are identical.

Bill

bill13

Have only six VMPS neo panels remaining as of 9 Aug 2014
« Reply #107 on: 9 Aug 2014, 03:53 pm »
9 August 2014 update:

I now have six (6) VMPS Neo Panels with panel terminals that are the 'nuts' improvement that was done by Brian Cheney.  These are in very good condition, and are the neo panels that VMPS used in their RM40 speakers. 

Pricing for these remaining neo panels: One or two for $115 each, (plus shipping); or four or more for $100 each + shipping {+ PayPal fee if applicable}.

These neo panels are great midrange drivers, I believe.

Bill

Conradicles

« Reply #108 on: 10 Sep 2014, 03:00 am »
John,
Any inventory (drivers, passive radiators, cabinets etc.) left for VMPS Subwoofers?

Thanks!
Eric.

John Casler

« Reply #109 on: 10 Sep 2014, 03:54 am »
John,
Any inventory (drivers, passive radiators, cabinets etc.) left for VMPS Subwoofers?

Thanks!
Eric.

Hi Eric, 

No cabinets
one 12" UltraMegaWoofer - $179 plus shipping (NEW)
one 15" NOS Passive Radiator  $49 plus shipping
I can also get the NEW 15" UltraPR = $115 plus shipping  or the 12" version for $109 plus shipping.

stehno

« Reply #110 on: 22 Sep 2014, 06:36 am »
Per chance do you have a copy of a VMPS RM40 manual?  I acquired the RM40's not long ago minus the manual.

Thanks,

klapse

Re: Have only six VMPS neo panels remaining as of 9 Aug 2014
« Reply #111 on: 22 Sep 2014, 07:22 am »
9 August 2014 update:

I now have six (6) VMPS Neo Panels with panel terminals that are the 'nuts' improvement that was done by Brian Cheney.  These are in very good condition, and are the neo panels that VMPS used in their RM40 speakers. 

Pricing for these remaining neo panels: One or two for $115 each, (plus shipping); or four or more for $100 each + shipping {+ PayPal fee if applicable}.

These neo panels are great midrange drivers, I believe.

Bill

Hi Bill, please respond to my private messages. I am now certain I have damaged my Rm2 neo panels. The imaging is way off, high vocals are coming from one side only. Treble (FST) seems to be even. I am sure it is the panels.

Need replacements.

John Casler

« Reply #112 on: 22 Sep 2014, 02:54 pm »
Per chance do you have a copy of a VMPS RM40 manual?  I acquired the RM40's not long ago minus the manual.

Thanks,

Hi Stehno,

There are no RM40 manuals per se.  Brian often (unless requested not to) placed instructions on a sheet pasted to the rear of the speaker.

If you have questions, post them here.

bill13

« Reply #113 on: 22 Sep 2014, 07:49 pm »
klapse,

I replied by email to you.

I still have VMPS neo panels, but strongly prefer to ship to a USA address (you are in Germany). 

I have no experience shipping overseas.  Foreign shipping fees, customs, currency exchange, extra PayPal fees and so forth ..... seems like more problems with extra expenses which may make the transaction not worthwhile.

Bill

stehno

« Reply #114 on: 23 Sep 2014, 12:56 am »
thank you, Bill. 

I've heard both that there are no manuals and that there are.  My seller told me he had a manual and lost it.

I do have one large sticker on the back of one speaker.

Questions, okay? 

Q1.  How was Brian able to make such a musical speaker such as the RM40 (and apparently his many other models)?

Q2.  How was Brian able to make such a musical speaker such as the RM40 (and apparently his many other models) for such low cost?

Q3.  What do you consider to be the speakers weakest trait?  Because frankly I'm not hearing any.

Q4.  Why do I have such pride of ownership with these speakers?

8)

Seriously, although I've heard the VMPS name over the years I gave them no never mind.  But a few months back I happened to see this pair for sale and decided to do a little research.  Well, it just so happened that my favorite reviewer Peter Moncrieff of IAR had done a special write up on the RM40's and waxed about as eloquently as he ever has about a product.  Marty DeWolf of B4S did something similar.  Well, at that point I jumped on these and I'm really glad I did.  For an extra $500 the seller even delivered them 800 miles to my door and I kid you not, he used white rubber gloves and even had an extra pair of gloves for me.  They are quite heavy but well worth every little inconvenience.

My units are supposedly about 8 or 9 years old and had about $2500 in upgrades.  Is there anything that should prevent these from lasting another 5 or 10 years or do I need to consider stocking up on inventory?

Thanks for your time,

-John

PMAT

« Reply #115 on: 23 Sep 2014, 06:17 am »
That was refreshing!  It has been a long time since we had that kind of super enthusiastic post in this circle. They are great aren't they? Brian had a great ear. He also had a lot of experience. How about posting some pictures of your system Stehno?

stehno

« Reply #116 on: 23 Sep 2014, 07:41 am »
Well, my pics are a bit outdated, but this was my exhibiting room at RMAF in 2011 and these speakers were loaners.  I need to get some fresh pics with the RM40's.  Both of my components have also been rather seriously upgraded in recent months.

fritzspeakers

• Industry Participant
  • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
    • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
« Reply #117 on: 23 Sep 2014, 10:10 am »
klapse,

I replied by email to you.

I still have VMPS neo panels, but strongly prefer to ship to a USA address (you are in Germany). 

I have no experience shipping overseas.  Foreign shipping fees, customs, currency exchange, extra PayPal fees and so forth ..... seems like more problems with extra expenses which may make the transaction not worthwhile.

Bill

Bill, you should be able to ship a pair of bubble wrapped drivers to Germany in a US Post office Priority Mail International® Medium Flat Rate Box (insured for $350) for $62.  International PayPal fees are 4% @ $13.  Just have klapse PayPal you in US dollars. 
http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10137&m=13&p=0&o=1&mt=12&MailingDate=9/23/2014&MailingTime=8:00%20AM&dv=400

The Post office does not charge any customs broker fees.  (I believe FedEx & UPS does.)  The recipient will probably be responsible for some duties or VAT upon delivery.  The customs paper work is very easy to fill out, the post office folks will help you with that when you drop it off.  You will probably wait in line longer than it takes to do the paper work. 

I've shipped my monitor loudspeakers overseas many times by Priority mail.  They usually get there within a few days & I haven't ever had any problems.

bill13

« Reply #118 on: 25 Sep 2014, 01:58 pm »
 fritzspeakers,

I sympathize with klapse about repairing his speakers.

However, I  am still very wary of foreign shipment hassles with all the extra paperwork and fees.

I strongly prefer just to wait for domestic buyers -- there seems to be enough domestic demand for used good condition VMPS neo panels (bolts/nuts terminals).

Looks very likely that I will only have four panels left after today (waiting payment for two panels).

Bill

/mp

« Reply #119 on: 26 Sep 2014, 12:07 am »
Perhaps klapse knows someone in the US who can forward them to him.