Anyone Have Any INno On Coral CR12-AE?

Mister Pig

• "when pigs fly"
    • Affordable Audio/Positive Feedback Online writer
Anyone Have Any INno On Coral CR12-AE?
« on: 10 Sep 2009, 12:05 am »
ade arrangements to acquire a pair of these. Actually manufactured under the name of Cadersound, but Coral is supposed to be the OEM.

Anyone know where I can get the T?S parameters for them? Or what cabinet application would be worth considering?

Very curious to know how these compare to my Audio Nirvana Super 12 drivers.

Regards
Mister Pig

AudioSoul

Re: Anyone Have Any INno On Coral CR12-AE?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2009, 03:29 pm »

Speaking of the Super 12's, how do you like them? What size cabinet, and are using them as a single driver, or did you add a super tweeter? Thanks, David 8)

Mister Pig

• "when pigs fly"
    • Affordable Audio/Positive Feedback Online writer
Re: Anyone Have Any INno On Coral CR12-AE?
« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2009, 03:35 am »

Speaking of the Super 12's, how do you like them? What size cabinet, and are using them as a single driver, or did you add a super tweeter? Thanks, David 8)

I have used the Audio Nirvana drivers in the 2.8 cabinet configuration for several years now. Nice speaker that images incredibly well, is nicely detailed, and does dynamic contrasts as good as any other full range driver. The top is excellent, and I do not use a super tweeter. Superior to any of the Fostex I have heard. The upper midrange can be a bit forward, and that is its primary shortcoming. Internal wiring, dampening materials, and placement can  mitigate this characteristic, but too much can kill the life of the speaker. Of course associated equipment plays a role in this balancing act too. Overall i find it to be a nice speaker, and I am curious to know if the Corals are going to be competitive.

Regards
Mister Pig