Welcome to the VMPS Owners' Circle

Fmaxwell

Welcome to the VMPS Owners' Circle
« on: 28 Jan 2013, 01:39 pm »
Welcome to the VMPS Speakers Owners' Circle
In memory of Brian Cheney, founder of VMPS

About This Circle
The VMPS Speakers Owners' Circle is a gathering place for owners of VMPS speakers.  It is a continuation of the VMPS Speakers Industry Circle and includes the messages and content from that Circle.

Guidelines
There are not many, but they are important.
  • Be Helpful.  There is no longer a VMPS factory to call for support, so it is up to owners of VMPS speakers to support one another.  We have a lot of intelligent, talented, and resourceful people here.  With their help, VMPS speakers can continue making audiophiles happy for decades to come.
  • Share.  You may have the only remaining copy of a VMPS crossover schematic, product brochure, or assembly manual.  You may be the only person who knows the source for a commercial replacement driver.  Take the time to share that with everyone.  It might be the difference between someone repairing their VMPS speakers and having to replace them.
  • Items for Sale.  If you are a private seller with a VMPS-specific item for sale, you are encouraged to post it here.  It must be advertised at a fixed price (not run as an auction).  When the item is sold, you must update the posting.  If you are selling something that is not specific to VMPS (such as an amplifier, turntable, or waffle iron), please post it elsewhere.  You may alert others to VMPS-specific items for sale elsewhere (craigslist, ebay, etc.) so long as you are not the seller; this Circle is not to be used as a promotional tool for items you are selling elsewhere.
  • Read and Follow the AudioCircle guidelines.  It won't take more than a few minutes to read them:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=about.

About VMPS 
VMPS (Veritone Minimum Phase Speakers) was founded by Brian Cheney and began production in January of 1977.  VMPS remained in continuous operation until November of 2012.  The high end audio community was saddened to learn of Brian's passing on December 7, 2012.

Throughout its history, VMPS produced innovative loudspeakers that won the acclaim of the audio press and music lovers worldwide.  While other high-end speaker manufacturers sought to push the envelope of product pricing, Brian Cheney remained dedicated to providing real value to the high-end speaker consumer.

Questions and Concerns?
I am here to help with anything from site-related technical questions to 'problem threads.'  While I will try to monitor all of the postings, if you feel that something requires my attention, please let me know.

RSorak

• Facilitator
Re: Welcome to the VMPS Owners' Circle
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jul 2016, 05:05 pm »
I agree with all the above....except if you have a problem, I'm the person to contact from this point forward....

Thanks
Your new moderator
Rick