NFL Football '16-17

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
NFL Football '16-17
« on: 28 Aug 2016, 06:50 pm »
Somebody's gotta kick this thread off.
Is this the year the mighty New York Football Giants kick ass and take the trophy home once again where it so rightfully belongs?

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: NFL Football '16-17
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2016, 06:53 pm »
Steve - I'm accustomed to reading your comments eagerly and with great interest. That string breaks here, however.

That trophy is where it belongs right now.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2016, 08:00 pm »

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2016, 08:31 pm »
If it's any consolation I was very happy to see Peyton Manning go out on top.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2016, 11:15 pm »
Well it's only preseason, but with the thought that it's better to look good than look bad, both my Eagles and Steelers appeared like the starters had it together in the dress rehearsal game.  The Steelers have a more promising season with DeAngelo Williams replacing Bell for what is it now, 3 games, and the defense looking much improved.  The Eagles are a big question mark, they should be better than the Chip Kelly disaster, but how much better is unknown with no proven wide receivers, holes at left tackle and right guard, and a suspect secondary.  I'm thinking Steelers 11-5 with a good run in the playoffs.  Eagles I'm predicting 6-10 obviously missing the playoffs.

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #5 on: 28 Aug 2016, 11:16 pm »
Steve - I'm accustomed to reading your comments eagerly and with great interest. That string breaks here, however.

That trophy is where it belongs right now.

Where it belongs?  I don't think so.   :nono:

While I would like nothing more than to see the Giants win, I don't think that is a likely scenario...but you never know.

Out of the teams who have a good chance going into the season, I would be fine with Pittsburgh or Arizona winning.

George

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #6 on: 29 Aug 2016, 12:00 am »
The NFC is going to be a tough road to hoe with Cardinals, Seahawks, Packers, and Panthers all legit contenders. I think the Bucs, Giants, and Redskins will be better than last year with the X factor being the Vikings. Vikings showed flashes last year and I can see them getting into that top tier before seasons end.

AFC...Patriots and Steelers if they don't lose anybody else to injury or suspension.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #7 on: 8 Sep 2016, 01:15 pm »
Why does NBC TV think that the Denver Broncos are the world champions?
The play American Football in the National Football League (it's not the World Football League).
I think that Germany is the world champion football team.

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #8 on: 8 Sep 2016, 02:45 pm »
The play American Football in the National Football League (it's not the World Football League).

Really??

Please take European football talk to another thread.

Back to football...

Who is going to win tonight?

George

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #9 on: 8 Sep 2016, 05:01 pm »
I would like to be able to say the Broncos will win - and I guess I could say that - but I don't believe it. Carolina will probably do what the Seahawks did in the last Bronco Super Bowl. I expect the Panthers to have it in the bag by halftime. Broncos don't have the offense for a big comeback.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #10 on: 8 Sep 2016, 05:14 pm »
I don't watch (or care about) world football, but still Denver is not a world champion football team (nor is Cleveland a world champion basketball team).
But I do watch most NFL games.

finsup

« Reply #11 on: 8 Sep 2016, 05:21 pm »
The Panthers vs Broncos tonight should be a very interesting matchup. I will go out on a limb here and say I think the Broncos are a better team than last year simply because they have a quarterback who has a better arm then Peyton did last year. Albeit Siemian has not thrown a pass in the NFL, and Peyton despite his throwing problems, still had that Mastery of the game. That said, I'll take the stronger arm tonight.

I expect the Panthers to really get after Siemian tonight. He'll make mistakes, no doubt. He'll need to keep his cool and learn. Broncos by 7.

bummrush

« Reply #12 on: 8 Sep 2016, 05:24 pm »
Vikings might be good,even with Teddy out. The defense might be key.

Pneumonic

« Reply #13 on: 8 Sep 2016, 08:26 pm »
Panthers probably win tonight.

Health permitting, I've got the Patriots and Packers in this years SB.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #14 on: 8 Sep 2016, 10:07 pm »
I'd take all the action I could on the Panthers winning straight up.  I'd be just as happy to see Denver win tonight as I was seeing them win in the Super Bowl, never did warm up to Cam, but I've picked Carolina for tonight's game.  The Cat's defense will put it to the kid.

charmerci

« Reply #15 on: 8 Sep 2016, 10:15 pm »
I think it was stupid to start the season with a SB re-match.  :scratch:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #16 on: 8 Sep 2016, 11:04 pm »
It makes perfect sense.  Remember that the NFL is in the business of making money above all other things. 

finsup

« Reply #17 on: 9 Sep 2016, 02:13 am »
So, is there going to be at least one player per game this weekend sitting/kneeling during the National Anthem?  This will get old fast if the media focuses on this. The ignorance on display here is breathtaking.

ebag4

« Reply #18 on: 9 Sep 2016, 02:18 am »
So, is there going to be at least one player per game this weekend sitting/kneeling during the National Anthem?  This will get old fast if the media focuses on this. The ignorance on display here is breathtaking.
Agreed.

Emil

« Reply #19 on: 9 Sep 2016, 11:29 am »

Agree with you there, Speedskater. Same can be said with the World Series on baseball