Sonore by Simple Design now on Audio Circle

vortecjr

• Facilitator
  • the sound has to be in concert with the music....
    • Sonore by Simple Design
Sonore by Simple Design now on Audio Circle
« on: 25 Jul 2013, 12:39 pm »
A few years back my VP came into my office and asked me if we could develop a system to play the newly released Reference Recordings HRX disks with 24/176.4 content. I said, "sure piece of cake." Little did I know that the conversation would turn into months of research and testing to get playback to a level that would make him want to ditch his expensive cd player.  Once we had the solution it became apparent that we should share it so that others could enjoy along with us. To get the word out we advertise in a few locations, but it has been difficult to really connect with our customers. Email is great, but I can't think of a better way to share our products and what we have learned along the way than here on Audio Circle! In the coming weeks, we will introduce our products new and old and we hope you stop in from time to time to chat with us...

I also want to thank JohnR who has been working with us for a few weeks to make this possible.

Regards,

Jesus R
Founder
www.sonore.us
« Last Edit: 23 Feb 2019, 11:20 pm by vortecjr »

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Sonore by Simple Design now on Audio Circle
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2013, 12:48 pm »
Welcome Jesus!!!   :)

I can speak for this man and his Company.  A real stand up guy, and a very forward thinking audio Company, doing things in streaming, DSD and overall advanced computer audio that brings great stuff to AC.  Welcome!!

BTW, those of you who have thanked me or commented on how great the Google Docs DSD database is?   It's Jesus 's baby!  I'm just helping co-ordinate it.  :)

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2013, 01:08 pm »
Ted, what can I say...YOU ROCK:)

Jesus R

gocubs42

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jul 2013, 01:27 pm »
Jesus I'm eager to hear details and pricing on your Sonore Sonic Orbiter. Is this a Logitech/Touch replacement on steroids?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jul 2013, 01:33 pm »
Welcome to AC, Jesus. 

martyo

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jul 2013, 01:56 pm »
Welcome.

FYI- When I try the link my security software blocks your site.

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 25 Jul 2013, 02:00 pm »
gocubs42, that is the idea:) The Sonic Orbiter was designed with simplicity in mind though and only has USB output on the standard version. Internally, we can connect a high quality Asynchronous USB to SPDIF/AES-EBU/Optical converter to expand it's outputs as needed. We generally only add what the customers needs to keep cost down and to keep the unit as simple as possible. The idea is that less is more. The units operate on the Logitech system (LMS and APPs) so you have access to it's features. The cost is currently looking like 899 to 949 USD for the standard unit. These unit has a nice linear supply internally so nothing else is needed to get started. We are pretty close to finishing the first batch and I think I'll start a new post for it and add some images of the internals.

Jesus R

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 25 Jul 2013, 02:07 pm »
Welcome.

FYI- When I try the link my security software blocks your site.

martyo, I'm not having any issues accessing it. I'm on a Mac thought and I don't run security software. Try a different computer or turn of Big Brother.

Jesus R 

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 25 Jul 2013, 02:09 pm »
Welcome to AC, Jesus.

Thanks!

Jesus R

rodge827

« Reply #9 on: 25 Jul 2013, 02:25 pm »
Welcome Jesus glad to have you here!  :thumb:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #10 on: 25 Jul 2013, 02:46 pm »
Welcome to AC!  :beer:

firedog

Re: Sonore Sonic Orbiter
« Reply #11 on: 25 Jul 2013, 03:05 pm »
Jesus-
Great to have you here.

Can you explain in "dummies" terms, what this means:
"The Sonic Orbiter supports DSD/DoP pass thru from DoP encoded files"

How does it play DSD? The present standard LMS won't even recognize DSD files and catalog them in the Library.

Does attaching the Sonic Orbiter as a player mean LMS on my server will recognize the DSD files and output them to the orbiter as DoP encoded DSD?

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #12 on: 25 Jul 2013, 03:12 pm »
Firedog,
I could be wrong but I think he means the new DOp passthru idea, where you use a streamer like this (which is not DSD-capable) to at least enable DoP passthru, so a DSD Dac connected to the Orbiters USB, could see the DoP files and play their DSD ride-along.  It takes another computer and player (needed to do DoP) out of it. 

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #13 on: 25 Jul 2013, 03:17 pm »
Welcome Jesus glad to have you here!  :thumb:

rodge827, thanks!

Jesus R

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 25 Jul 2013, 03:18 pm »
Welcome to AC!  :beer:

JerryM, a pint of bitter to you as well!

Jesus R

vortecjr

• Facilitator
Re: Sonore Sonic Orbiter
« Reply #15 on: 25 Jul 2013, 03:41 pm »
Jesus-
Great to have you here.

Can you explain in "dummies" terms, what this means:
"The Sonic Orbiter supports DSD/DoP pass thru from DoP encoded files"

How does it play DSD? The present standard LMS won't even recognize DSD files and catalog them in the Library.

Does attaching the Sonic Orbiter as a player mean LMS on my server will recognize the DSD files and output them to the orbiter as DoP encoded DSD?

firedog, I knew that the topic would eventually come up and this is why I like the forum for explaining things. There are a few programs that will take DSD content and encode it in DoP and then insert it into a WAV or FLAC file. If you do that process the Sonore Sonic Orbiter will push the data through bit perfect and it will play into a device that supports DoP. The intention and end result is native DSD playback.

That said....there is actually some support for DSD in LMS. However, it's a work in progress and it's hard to predict when, if and how it will become available. I try to push those projects along behind the scenes, but it's complicated, takes time and a great amount of patients. If it becomes available I'll share the prescription with everyone. BTW any upgrade to add DSD happens at the LMS side of things and not at the Sonore Sonic Orbiter....

Jesus R

highfilter

« Reply #16 on: 25 Jul 2013, 04:17 pm »
Warm welcome, Jesus!

Another +1 for this man and Sonore by Simple Design in general.

Very solid support and communication. The kind of thing that if you are having issues and report them, they will build in a fix and send you the updated firmware (sometimes the next day) and the update is easy and actually works! Talking from experience with the Sonore Rendu, fantastic product.

Glad to see you have your own spot on AC.  :thumb:

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #17 on: 25 Jul 2013, 04:48 pm »
Warm welcome, Jesus!

Another +1 for this man and Sonore by Simple Design in general.

Very solid support and communication. The kind of thing that if you are having issues and report them, they will build in a fix and send you the updated firmware (sometimes the next day) and the update is easy and actually works! Talking from experience with the Sonore Rendu, fantastic product.

Glad to see you have your own spot on AC.  :thumb:

highfilter, I'm still not able to preform miracles, but I try:)

Thanks

Jesus R

mr_bill

« Reply #18 on: 25 Jul 2013, 05:46 pm »
Jesus,
Are the music files stored on the orbiter or does it look through the network to access the music files?

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #19 on: 25 Jul 2013, 05:59 pm »
Jesus,
Are the music files stored on the orbiter or does it look through the network to access the music files?

mr_bill, it works the other way around. You store your library anyplace on the network and configure Logitech Media Server (LMS) to see the library. LMS then streams the data to the Sonore Sonic Orbiter. This keeps the server and its noisy power supplies away from listening room..

Jesus R