Hot Headphone Deals!!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hot Headphone Deals!!
« Reply #220 on: 12 Oct 2017, 07:12 pm »
Thanks.
SMT there was some versions before the Fazor model.
Rev 1, Rev 2 and maybe other, which had the good sound custumers praised I dont know, but hope Audeze have hit the point with this model mainly in the midbass and mid freq.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #221 on: 12 Oct 2017, 10:12 pm »
This not good, all hi-fi loudspeaker claim its neutral and transparent, seems they dont know how made a harmonically rich sound, hope the Classic get it bold, since there is many HPs that have neutral sound or worse clinical sound.
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2017, 11:12 pm by FullRangeMan »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #222 on: 13 Oct 2017, 06:00 pm »
There is a offer at HifiMan site:
HE400i Refurbished-New Version
A Full-size Planar Magnetic Headphone Intended for High Performance Listening in the Home or Studio
Availability: In stock
Regular Price: $499.00
Special Price: $229

http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/he-400i-546.html

While not a Hot Deal HifiMan showed a new HP called Sundara-whatever it means at the CamJan last week 6-9OCT.

rif

• Not a cowboy
« Reply #223 on: 13 Oct 2017, 07:52 pm »
There is a offer at HifiMan site:
HE400i Refurbished-New Version
A Full-size Planar Magnetic Headphone Intended for High Performance Listening in the Home or Studio
Availability: In stock
Regular Price: $499.00
Special Price: $229

http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/he-400i-546.html

While not a Hot Deal HifiMan showed a new HP called Sundara-whatever it means at the CamJan last week 6-9OCT.

A new pair is only $20 more, so unless you're on a tight budget, I don't think it's worth dealing with a refurb.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #224 on: 13 Oct 2017, 08:27 pm »
A new pair is only $20 more, so unless you're on a tight budget, I don't think it's worth dealing with a refurb.
I would email them offer $150 or $180 max for that refurb.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #225 on: 5 Nov 2017, 08:52 pm »
Music Direct has brand new AudioQuest Nighthawk Wood Headphones on sale for $299.00.
A 50% discount from the regular $600.00.

Link

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #226 on: 6 Nov 2017, 07:36 pm »
The NightHawk that I had was ultra-warm
I would like this HP, its not defect for me.

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #227 on: 7 Nov 2017, 10:57 pm »
I like the Nighthawk with their newer ultrasuede pads. The original pads not so much.

dB Cooper

« Reply #228 on: 24 Nov 2017, 05:32 am »
Sennheiser's Black Fri deals suck. Etymotic, deals on electronic earplugs (nothing on earphones). Beyer, nothing (except a big banner on the Germany site, strangely enough). Doesn't look like a good Black Friday/weekend for headphones. Anybody else find any goodies?

randytsuch

« Reply #229 on: 24 Nov 2017, 06:20 am »
Audeze had some decent deals, but they are sold out now

Alo audio is selling some bstock campfireaudio iems and some other stuff
https://aloaudio.deals/product-category/all-products/

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #230 on: 24 Nov 2017, 12:41 pm »
The best deal imho is this:

HP-1 Flash Sale (Expires Monday Nov. 27th)
Use discount code NEWS17 to receive 40% off on your HP-1!

I am about to have a rather tall stack of HP-1s assembled. Thus, I will take part in the Black Friday/Cyber Monday madness this year. Don't worry. You won't have to line up outside my door in the wee hours of Friday morning to get this deal. All you have to do is to type in the discount code NEWS17 when you place your order. The sale has started and expires Cyber Monday (Nov. 27th) at 23.59 (MST – GMT-6).

Is there a catch? Yes. There is a catch. Due to parts availability, the fully assembled HP-1s are expected to ship just before Christmas. I apologize for the delay. Then again... Getting an HP-1 for less than $1k is a pretty sweet deal.

Once the discounts are applied, a fully assembled and tested commercial HP-1 that costs over $1600 is priced at $990 before shipping.

https://www.neurochrome.com/hp-1-ultra-high-end-headphone-amp/

Best,
Anand.

goskers

« Reply #231 on: 24 Nov 2017, 12:58 pm »
Nice!

If I were a headphone guy at all then I would be all over this.

dB Cooper

« Reply #232 on: 24 Nov 2017, 03:02 pm »
Tried to call Beyer to find out why there is a Black Friday sale on the German (but not the USA) site, thinking maybe I could place a phone order. Offices closed. Guess they take Friday too. Oh well. Didn't need to spend the $$ anyway.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #233 on: 24 Nov 2017, 04:58 pm »
There is the ugly duck for $499:
https://aloaudio.deals/shop/sennheiser-hd-700/

mcgsxr

« Reply #234 on: 24 Nov 2017, 07:12 pm »
64 Audio has some of their mid level universal iems on sale.  I was tempted by the U4-SE's at this price, but the $40 to ship via FEDEX (and anticipated border and duty fees) killed it for me.  They retail around $800 CDN, and at this deal they would honestly end up around that point once I factor FX from the USD etc.

https://www.64audio.com/blackfridayu

I will continue to enjoy my NuForce HEM8's and Noble Savant Wizards for the moment.  Or list them for sale and pursue a higher end set that can combine the things these 2 do well but in 1 set!
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2017, 08:14 pm by mcgsxr »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #236 on: 24 Nov 2017, 10:16 pm »
but the $40 to ship via FEDEX (and anticipated border and duty fees) killed it for me.
How much are the Customs taxes?

mcgsxr

« Reply #237 on: 24 Nov 2017, 11:15 pm »
Taxes I would assume would be 13%, as that is the harmonized sales tax in Canada.  Border crossing fees (also taxable naturally) range.  I have paid $30-$100 depending on the item.

In the end it would prove simpler to just pay the CDN retail plus 13% if I want those phones.

I can wait, and see what comes up used.  I was 2nd in line for a used set of 64 Audio U3's on Headfi this week.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #238 on: 24 Nov 2017, 11:32 pm »
I dont believe it! only 13% :duh:
News from today, even in China duties are low:
https://www.ft.com/content/505e5cd8-28cd-38d8-ae10-27ba9ea741db