New to the Site and wanted to introduce myself

Patrick Mattucci

New to the Site and wanted to introduce myself
« on: 2 Dec 2016, 10:38 pm »
Hello everyone

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Patrick Mattucci. I am a long time lurker and first time poster here at AudioCircle. I am also a dealer with a custom installation company from Cherry Hill, NJ (Hi-Fi Sales Company). Among the lines we offer, we focus on Bryston Electronics. I'm actually the only displaying dealer for Bryston in my Tri-State area (NJ, PA, DE). We recently brought in the 28B3 monoblocks (replaced 7BSST2's) , BP-26/MPS-2 preamp/power supply (replaced a BP-17) and the Model T Signature speakers with outboard crossovers. The system is formidable. Sure, the SPL's one attains cleanly is impressive, but it's not just about blasting away. The system does the delicate stuff exceptionally well, and there is an obvious synergy between the speakers and the electronics. I'm using balanced cables between amp and preamp, and it sure doesn't take much of a turn of the old volume control to get the system fired up, which makes we wish there was a gain adjustment at the amps. I'd prefer finer adjustment of the volume control. I could use single ended cable, but my best cables for these two pieces are balanced and so I'm sticking with them.

In speaking with Gary Dayton from Bryston and asking him about participating here at AudioCircle, he thought it was a great idea. My concern is that I don't want my intentions misconstrued or appear opportunistic. So for clarity sake, I do want to clarify that my company does not engage in on line sales. We're a bit old fashioned and prefer that our clients be local and use us and our showroom as a resource for evaluating gear and exchanging ideas and, more often- opinions about what they are looking for and what they think of our systems. Basically, its a lot of fun. I've been turned on to a lot of great music I might otherwise have not become aware of and I've met a lot of great people. The point of this pursuit is to illicit a strong emotional response to the music, and it's the gear that either delivers that experience or not.

Gary will be at my showroom for an event we're hosting with Bryston and VPI on December 8th. Bryston is also providing for the event their digital player and DAC, as well as their new phono preamp. I wish they were still making the larger one, but Gary and James say the new phono preamps are just as good. We shall see. All are welcome and we expect a good turn out. There'll be good food and beer too. I look forward to continued participation and learning a lot more, particularly in the Bryston Forum, but elsewhere too.

Cheers!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: New to the Site and wanted to introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: 3 Dec 2016, 12:58 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle, Patrick.  :beer:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #2 on: 3 Dec 2016, 01:11 am »

....I don't want my intentions misconstrued or appear opportunistic. So for clarity sake, I do want to clarify that my company does not engage in on line sales. We're a bit old fashioned.....
Cheers!

Patrick, you sound like our kind of guy!   Welcome!   :thumb:

Patrick Mattucci

« Reply #3 on: 4 Dec 2016, 12:39 am »
Thanks folks!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 4 Dec 2016, 02:20 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Patrick  :thumb:

Phil A