Elac's getting closer!

FireGuy

Re: Elac's getting closer!
« Reply #20 on: 10 Oct 2015, 02:46 pm »
Actually, US Customs are VERY fast and easy to deal with.  They process a LOT of stuff and have it down.  In my experience > 99% of all clearance delays are caused by missing, incomplete, or incorrectly completed paperwork.  The courier (FedEx, DHL, etc.) is the one responsible for getting the items cleared through customs, but they rely on the shipper to provide accurate paperwork.  Someone from Elac needs to work with the shipper to supply the missing information (product photo, per unit weight, per unit cost, harmonized tariff code, etc.).  In my experience, once they have the correct information US Customs clears most shipments the same day. 

The key is, as soon as you see there is a clearance delay (using your courier's online tracking service), to call your courier and find out the reason for the delay.  They should be in contact with US Customs.  If you wait for US Customs to contact you, that's when you're going to have a long delay - you are one of MANY in the queue.  The key is to be proactive and not wait for customs to tell you what's missing.  Call up your courier and tell them to find out what's going on.  Most of my experience is with FedEx and they are very responsive to calls about clearance delays.  Hopefully, other carriers are as well.

Some good info/advice.

Moreover, my experience and business background dealing with customs with international shipments is that [they] can delay a shipment based on many parameters, not just incomplete documentation.    Usually though it goes smoothly and without incident.  When you buy a product from a vendor and you pay the shipping cost, you own the shipment (product)  the time it leaves their dock and you are responsible for tracking and getting it delivered. Shipper will help in this process (usually).   If the vendor is paying for shipping (FOB Destination) they own the product until it's signed for.  Best transaction scenario is to have the shipper take ownership until it's received.  I prefer to use FedEx over most other carriers as their tracking process seems to be the best should there be issues/delays.

jkelly

« Reply #21 on: 10 Oct 2015, 05:12 pm »
Has anyone heard the b5 and b6 at the shows and have a preference?

Jeff

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #22 on: 10 Oct 2015, 06:31 pm »
Has anyone heard the b5 and b6 at the shows and have a preference?

Jeff

I haven't heard the B6 yet but I did get to hear the F5 tower at RMAF. Compared to the B5 I heard at Newport the F5 seemed a little less clean in the midrange and upper end and was more boomy in the bass. The B5 sounded so good at Newport I placed an order for a pair as soon as it was available to purchase on Amazon. Of course there were different electronics and different rooms for each so take that for what it is. But I do remember the bass on the B5 being so good that everybody wondered where the subwoofer was hiding.

Here's a cnet video of a guy giving a quick comparison with the B5 and B6. I'm sure you can't go wrong with either.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6rNRp0UZ0hQ

Meicheng

« Reply #23 on: 14 Oct 2015, 07:01 pm »
Just wondering if anyone who has pre-ordered their Elac speakers has received shipping notification?  The Elac website refers to both Amazon and Music Direct as on-line retailers but it appears neither has the speakers in stock quite yet.  You can also order directly from Elac.  When I was at RMAF a few weeks ago, Andrew told the room the speakers were being held up by US customs because Elac US was a newly formed company.  Hoping they are released to the pubic soon. 

srb

« Reply #24 on: 14 Oct 2015, 10:25 pm »
Just wondering if anyone who has pre-ordered their Elac speakers has received shipping notification?  The Elac website refers to both Amazon and Music Direct as on-line retailers but it appears neither has the speakers in stock quite yet.  You can also order directly from Elac.  When I was at RMAF a few weeks ago, Andrew told the room the speakers were being held up by US customs because Elac US was a newly formed company.  Hoping they are released to the pubic soon.

A few people on AVS Forum who pre-ordered from the ELAC website reported they've received FedEx tracking numbers and are expecting delivery between 10/15 and 10/19.

Chris Walker (ELAC Americas) said "Amazon and MusicDirect.com will get their shipments soon."

Steve

MLS

« Reply #25 on: 14 Oct 2015, 10:47 pm »
I got my Fedex tracking number today.  Deliver is set for the 19th.

Come on Monday :D

jkelly

« Reply #26 on: 15 Oct 2015, 02:46 am »
I also received notice today.  My F5's are expected Monday 10/19.

Jeff

MCM_Fan

« Reply #27 on: 15 Oct 2015, 05:09 am »
Awesome!  I can't wait to read the reviews.

I got tired of waiting and picked up a set of classic KEF 104/s speakers last weekend for the main system.  Not exactly an apples:oranges comparison, but I'm still considering the Elacs as potential replacements for my modified Pioneer SP-BS22-LR's in the bedromm system.

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #28 on: 15 Oct 2015, 05:42 am »
I'd be curious to hear how the B6s compare to the KEF 104s.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #29 on: 16 Oct 2015, 02:30 am »
Or even the B5, it's rated down to 46Hz while the KEF's are down 2db at 55Hz.  And the 5.25" driver might be fast enough to keep up with the KEF.

kbuzz3

« Reply #30 on: 16 Oct 2015, 02:50 am »
Has anyone heard any of the subwoofers in this series?