X-LS Encore Speaker

3rdGen

X-LS Encore Speaker
« on: 29 Dec 2016, 11:45 pm »
I'm in the process of building my first set of speakers, the X-LS Encores for my home theater. Is there anyone using these for their home theater setup?

Thanks,

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: X-LS Encore Speaker
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2016, 01:25 am »
I used to use a pair of X-LS Encores for the main speakers and an X-CS Encore for the center channel.

I've moved up to open baffle speakers and my step-son now has the encores in his HT system.

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2016, 03:24 am »
I'm in the process of building my first set of speakers, the X-LS Encores for my home theater. Is there anyone using these for their home theater setup?

Thanks,

I think the number of people using them in home theater set ups are in the hundreds. AV123 sold a lot of them at one time.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2016, 03:59 pm »
The X-series Encore speakers are ridiculously good for the money.  I think you'll be very happy with them.

3rdGen

« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2016, 05:57 pm »
I used to use a pair of X-LS Encores for the main speakers and an X-CS Encore for the center channel.

I've moved up to open baffle speakers and my step-son now has the encores in his HT system.

Thanks for the feedback,

I'm going to build the following HT setup.

Mains - X-LSC Encore
Center - X-CS Encore
Surround - X-LS Encore

3rdGen

« Reply #5 on: 30 Dec 2016, 05:58 pm »
I think the number of people using them in home theater set ups are in the hundreds. AV123 sold a lot of them at one time.

Thanks Danny, I am looking forward to trying out your GR Research speakers!!

3rdGen

« Reply #6 on: 30 Dec 2016, 06:00 pm »
The X-series Encore speakers are ridiculously good for the money.  I think you'll be very happy with them.

Thanks,

I am looking forward to hearing them in action!!

Captainhemo

« Reply #7 on: 30 Dec 2016, 10:44 pm »
If you can swing the extra $,  go for at least the sonicap upgrades on the networks and the no rez for lining the cabinets. they make a substantial difference.   You can take the networks further if you like, but I think the  caps are the best bang for the buck.
 Tube connectors are also well worth considering

As others have said, you'll be  thrilled with the performance of these speakers  :thumb:

jay

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #8 on: 31 Dec 2016, 02:21 am »
If you can swing the extra $,  go for at least the sonicap upgrades on the networks and the no rez for lining the cabinets. they make a substantial difference.   You can take the networks further if you like, but I think the  caps are the best bang for the buck.
 Tube connectors are also well worth considering

As others have said, you'll be  thrilled with the performance of these speakers  :thumb:

jay

3rdGen,

I've heard the standard version and the upgraded version of the XLS-Encores (at Jay's house), and I was very impressed by the improvement is SQ of the upgraded XO. I've used Norez in two of my speaker projects and it's great stuff. Both upgrades are very much worth the extra cost IMO.

Enjoy!

Captainhemo

« Reply #9 on: 31 Dec 2016, 03:33 am »
3rdGen,

I've heard the standard version and the upgraded version of the XLS-Encores (at Jay's house), and I was very impressed by the improvement is SQ of the upgraded XO. I've used Norez in two of my speaker projects and it's great stuff. Both upgrades are very much worth the extra cost IMO.

Enjoy!

The networks in those  "Really Red Oak Encores" were pretty decent stop up from the pair you  heard the year previous Michael but they were signifigantly more $.  that first apir were stock aside from  no-rez, the pair this summer  had the full sonicap upgrade, jupiter copper bypass on high pass cap & Sonicap Gen II wooffer --> shurt cap, mils resistors, XO inductors,  P2P wired , tube conectors,  and no rez.

It does add up but really takes them up a notch. 
My cousin is loving these things.

I've actually got another pair I'm  slowly building out, just not a lot of time for them  right now.  The next pair  will have  a slightly larger cabinet &  a larger, fully flared port (Danny thought this might be a good idea to try), and  some different network  components.
These little guys  always amaze me so much, just  want to  se how  much can actually be coaxed out of a pair

That all being said,  the original stock pair I built a few years back are what caught my attention, the price to performance factor  is amazing, you just can't go wrong  8)

jay
« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2016, 06:47 am by Captainhemo »