The OFFICIAL Super-7 thread

studiotech

Re: The OFFICIAL Super-7 thread
« Reply #320 on: 1 Feb 2018, 12:20 am »
Thanks Hal for the info, cleared up my misunderstanding on that  :duh:  Thank you studiotech for bring it up so that could happen.  :thumb:

Glad you're straightened out there.  I was getting worried.  Just remember, audio alternates.  Up and down, like a sine wave, but more complex.

You've probably been measuring DC offset or something on the output of your amps, which is something you most certainly do not want to be there.

Greg

studiotech

« Reply #321 on: 1 Feb 2018, 12:24 am »

There are things in audio that can be heard to be different but the audible difference is not measureable.  All wires sound different....and all wires sound different depending on which direction you orient them......this cannot be measured but can be heard......same with "coil directionality".  In fact, there are way more things that cannot be measured that make a difference than those that can be measured.  However, in order to know this, you have to have an open inquisitive mind and be willing to do very tweaky controlled listening experiments (not blind A/Bs or double blind.....these tests are for those that don't believe in differences)

That's fine, but don't explain it in misleading terms.  That only adds to the voodoo of the process.  You can have you own opinions, but not your own facts.

Greg

orientalexpress

« Reply #322 on: 21 Feb 2018, 12:40 am »
Any updates? 8)

Captainhemo

« Reply #323 on: 21 Feb 2018, 03:20 am »
Patience,  they are coming      :lol:
Danny does  have a  moddded/upgdated  bafflle  now..  I'm  sure he'll be   doing some testing soon    :thumb:

jay

para7452

« Reply #324 on: 21 Feb 2018, 09:50 pm »
Pretty interested myself. Love my V1s, but would love more airy, speed, layers. I'd keep the sub cabinets intact, and would build a new upper cabinet for the B&G drivers that would sit on top. If the baffle thing works out, that is.

Oh, hi Danny. Long time. Thanks for all of the help with the construction a few years ago. Wow how time flies.

ebag4

« Reply #325 on: Yesterday at 12:08 am »
Patience,  they are coming      :lol:

Haha, patience, right Jay :lol:

Would it be possible to let us know what the outer dimensions of the baffle are?  I want to verify it won’t be too tall for my application.

Thanks,
Ed

Captainhemo

« Reply #326 on: Yesterday at 05:58 pm »
I was able to  shorten it a bit, it's right around the 30"  mark   at this  point.
Am also working on some side wings that will match up  withthe subs

jay

ebag4

« Reply #327 on: Yesterday at 06:01 pm »
I was able to  shorten it a bit, it's right around the 30"  mark   at this  point.
Am also working on some side wings that will match up  withthe subs

jay

Thanks Jay!