I bet I can make your speakers sound better.

mlundy57

Re: I bet I can make your speakers sound better.
« Reply #120 on: 6 Feb 2018, 03:42 am »
I found this comparison to be enlightening and well worth my time. Even though I know parts quality can have a performance difference in many things, bicycles, wheels, kayaks, paddles, etc. This was the first time I was able to listen to speakers where the only difference was quality of the crossover parts. Now my opinion is informed by my own experience and I don't have to rely on other people's opinions.

Give it a try.

Mike

neekomax

« Reply #121 on: 6 Feb 2018, 03:46 am »
I found this comparison to be enlightening and well worth my time. Even though I know parts quality can have a performance difference in many things, bicycles, wheels, kayaks, paddles, etc. This was the first time I was able to listen to speakers where the only difference was quality of the crossover parts. Now my opinion is informed by my own experience and I don't have to rely on other people's opinions.

Give it a try.

Mike

I'd be right pleased to do so.  :)

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #122 on: 6 Feb 2018, 04:13 pm »
Hmm, well, I don't know if I qualify as a 'flat-earther', but I certainly have my doubts about whether unmeasured/ unmeasurable things can be audible, and therefore a difference-making factor in audio gear. Is there a third camp between the true believers and flat earthers... say, the unwashed agnostics?

I tend to throw that term around loosely and some take it as a poke in the eye. But the guys that really fit the term are the guys that let preconceived beliefs get in the way of learning or listening.

And it is okay to have doubts. It is okay to be skeptic. Just don't let that get in the way of listening. Keep an open mind.