KWI 200 with Phono and DAC - Now Shipping - Feedback!

modwright

We have been shipping the KWI 200 with both Phono and DAC upgrades for a short time now.  I just received an email from one of our Canadian Dealers and wanted to share this feedback.  I will continue to share feedback and encourage those who purchase the KWI 200 to also share their feedback.

Following is an email from a ModWright Dealer in Canada, sent to myself, Dan Wright:

Hi Dan.

Picked up the fully loaded KWI-200 a couple days ago, looks and sounds great ( as usual ).

Part of this exercise of putting the PHONO and DAC into the mix was to evaluate “ on board “ add on” components, which fewer manufacture are doing these days it seems.  I made some simple comparisons last night and although the
[$8K standalone phono by different mfr.] has a slightly better midrange in terms of supple presentation, it is certainly not worth the price of admission when compared to Dans own! The Modwright phono pre section sounds just slightly stiff ( sharpened, but not edgy ), yet I suspect this will mellow out throughout the break in period.

The DAC has resolution, depth and attack, but does not contain that “ Here’s-your-damn-music “ facet. Bravo. I think you have likely made the best valued single amplification product currently available at a reasonable price Dan.

At any rate, great product Dan, you guys must be selling them out as fast as they are built man !

Best regards, Greg

www.imageaudio.info

Thanks guys.  People have been asking for feedback and I will continue to post it here as it comes in.  A unit has been submitted to Home Theater Review online 'zine and I will also post this when it comes out.  The reviewer did tell me that he was QUITE EXCITED about it after giving it an initial listen.

Sincerely,

Dan W.
President, ModWright Instruments Inc.
« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2014, 05:35 pm by modwright »