Fresh Joule White Build

Eugene2

Re: Fresh Joule White Build
« Reply #20 on: 4 Jun 2015, 10:50 pm »
I keep saying it over and over and nobody listens to me, I've tested a lot of cables Mike's silver foil Grand Illusion is the best stuff I've ever used!  Actually Doug at Dagogo listened he has a bunch of it for review...

spreadspectrum

« Reply #21 on: 29 Jun 2015, 02:23 am »
Polishing speakers is foreplay for vapor people.When Ryan arrived at my house, he unpacked a polishing machine.There was a stark look of panic in his eyes when i looked at him.He did not bring an arbor for the polisher ,so we had to go to the auto parts store for him to buy another.The joule's were drop dead beautiful , and he insisted on rubbing on them more, to eliminate these fine lines you needed a magnifying glass to see.

I was able to coordinate getting Ryan over to my place to deliver my Joules this weekend and I now see what Francis meant... except, I believe that the polishing is not only the foreplay, but the main event.  The listening is the cigar afterwards!  Seriously, I loved every minute of staring at the finish while Ryan polished the beasts to gorgeousness.

Ryan's main purpose in visiting was to consult on a room that I am thinking of moving my two channel system into.  Spent quite some time talking, planning, and measuring.  Good stuff, and I am grateful he was able to adjust his busy schedule to provide me with advice.

Was able to listen for a while this evening, and the sound is every bet as good as their looks - just mesmerizing.  They replaced a pair of Thiel CS 2.4's, and despite that I love those speakers, it was really no contest.  Better in every way.  I will try to write more when I am not exhausted and have more time for those interested.  I believe Ryan plans on posting some images and comments, but here is one of my (crappy by comparison to his) images for viewing pleasure.

Thanks for the enthusiasm on the site - Don, Todd especially!

fex02

« Reply #22 on: 29 Jun 2015, 09:41 am »
You will love them.

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #23 on: 29 Jun 2015, 11:43 am »
Welcome back from Aruba! Your new speakers look great, love that gloss :thumb:

dpatters

« Reply #24 on: 29 Jun 2015, 12:08 pm »
Awesome!!! Keep us posted.

Don P.

Berto

« Reply #25 on: 29 Jun 2015, 01:55 pm »
Beautiful speakers. You must be blown away. Love to hear more updates as they break in.

Enjoy :thumb:

spreadspectrum

« Reply #26 on: 29 Jun 2015, 02:14 pm »
Beautiful speakers. You must be blown away. Love to hear more updates as they break in.

Enjoy :thumb:

Blown away is an understatement - looking at and hearing these things has exceeded my expectations.  Still trying to handle that I own such a thing.

I am sadly at work at the moment, but here is an image of where they currently reside, playing happily away. I'll try to write more as I get a handle on their sound, but for now I will say that the sense of scale and imaging are just scary good.  Ryan played a nice peace with a lot of kick drums, and I got chills hearing it - palpably real.  You felt it as much as heard it.  Bass is just incredible.

Berto

« Reply #27 on: 29 Jun 2015, 03:04 pm »
Ha, I'd be sad too. I guess a rainy summer day won't be such a bad thing after all.

Beautiful setup :beer:

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #28 on: 30 Jun 2015, 03:54 am »
Thanks for the kind words and glowing review Ryan.  No contest with the Thiel CS 2.4 . . . now that's music to my ears!!!!  The Joule were meant to compete with the very best in the world and I really do think they lead the pack.  Of course I'm biased.

Congrats on their arrival and may you reap many thousands of hours of enjoyment.

spreadspectrum

« Reply #29 on: 30 Jun 2015, 11:46 am »
Thanks Pete!

Thank you for all your work on these, and for the hand-holding at the beginning.  You and Ryan are a class act.  Very glad I discovered Vapor!

GentleBender

« Reply #30 on: 30 Jun 2015, 12:39 pm »
Vapor rocks!  They even put up with me. :lol: I would buy any speaker in the Vapor lineup and I'm sure I'd be happy with the sound, given the proper expectations and application, now that I've been spoiled by the Auroras.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #31 on: 30 Jun 2015, 05:58 pm »
Huge picture alert!  I just wanted to show in extreme un-edited detail what we produce, for those who think we're not capable. 

Ryan (other Ryan), it was a pleasure visiting.  You have a beautiful family, and a beautiful home.  It's easy to be cynical about the future of our country, but getting to know you gives me reason to believe that maybe we're not doomed afterall.  It gives me great joy knowing that you'll be enjoying our work for years to come. 

That said, enjoy the picture!  More to come ...

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #32 on: 30 Jun 2015, 06:17 pm »
Taking pictures of the tops is very difficult.  They're like glass, so it tends to wash out color and contrast.  In person the wow factor of these tops is much deeper, but I wanted to show a picture anyway. 

I came up with this Brindle Walnut bookmatch, to give the tops a log chopped in half look, and I think it really took things up a notch. 

spreadspectrum

« Reply #33 on: 30 Jun 2015, 06:53 pm »

Ryan (other Ryan), it was a pleasure visiting.  You have a beautiful family, and a beautiful home.  It's easy to be cynical about the future of our country, but getting to know you gives me reason to believe that maybe we're not doomed afterall.  It gives me great joy knowing that you'll be enjoying our work for years to come. 

Well I don't know about all THAT! :oops:  Feelings are mutual though - it was a real treat having you visit, and an honor to have the creator himself set them up and consult on my room.  Feel free to drop by any time you travel to see Ed in Detroit.

Your pics are WAY better than mine... no surprise there after seeing you in action!

maxboy00

« Reply #34 on: 6 Jul 2015, 12:01 pm »
Wow! those speakers look fantastic.... Enjoy many years of happy listening.

What size room are they in?

spreadspectrum

« Reply #35 on: 6 Jul 2015, 12:30 pm »
The room is 13 x 20 feet.  However, I am trying to move them and my two channel setup into an adjoining room that is about 21 x 19.  We did a temporary setup in the larger room to make some measurements, and, even without any treatments, it sounded nice - essentially bigger with a much wider and deeper stage.  They sound (and measure) spectacular in the current room, merely with a more intimate presentation.

It seems that indoor lighting exaggerates color differences between the top and bottom sections.  In natural light this is barely noticeable - thought I'd include another pic in such light.

maxboy00

« Reply #36 on: 7 Jul 2015, 10:53 pm »
Thanks for the room info, my room is 20x14 ft and thought that size may be too tight for the Joules to be placed and not look and feel cramped for space. And to be able to get the maximum benefits of the Joules capabilities in that space.

In your larger space as you say . . . it only gets better, no doubt I'm sure. . . again enjoy them!

The room is 13 x 20 feet.  However, I am trying to move them and my two channel setup into an adjoining room that is about 21 x 19.  We did a temporary setup in the larger room to make some measurements, and, even without any treatments, it sounded nice - essentially bigger with a much wider and deeper stage.  They sound (and measure) spectacular in the current room, merely with a more intimate presentation.

It seems that indoor lighting exaggerates color differences between the top and bottom sections.  In natural light this is barely noticeable - thought I'd include another pic in such light.

spreadspectrum

« Reply #37 on: 18 Jul 2015, 01:29 pm »
As I have been spending almost all of my free time in front of these speakers, it has been difficult to find the time to post on them!  Some have expressed an interest in changes over time, and I thought I'd mention a couple of notes.

The speakers were so much better than what I had before, that it was difficult to find anything to criticize.  At around 100 hours of play time, not including time at the House of Vapor, there was a rather sudden change for the better, however.  A bit of reticence in the midrange (only apparent in retrospect) vanished and there was a newfound sparkle there, adding a captivating magic to vocals and strings especially.   In addition, already wonderful imaging improved.  The two together create that sensation of "you are there," which reminds me of those first experiences in audio that drew me into the hobby.  Some of the better Diana Krall and Harry Connick Jr albums are just amazing, with detail and aural textures in their voices that I hadn't heard before.  The first track from George Winston's Linus and Lucy album is also noteworthy with those piano notes just hanging in space and with richly layered harmonics.

Bass seems to be evolving to a very subtle degree, but it is hard to say if it is my ears/mood or anything objective.  It went from spectacular to great and now approaching spectacular again.

Not having heard the Joule Blacks, it would be difficult to compare the two.  What I will say is that I haven't heard anything that has had a hard or bright edge, and there is no fatigue whatsoever.  I imagine that the speed and detail I hear in the White may be interpreted differently by some, particularly if associated electronics emphasize those things.

Anyway, really great stuff.  I am just smitten with the speakers.

Ryan (the lesser)

fex02

« Reply #38 on: 19 Jul 2015, 11:28 am »
Glad to hear your so happy.The Vapor experience is a Treat.
I am introducing the Joule white to the Suncoast Audiophile society today.I am hosting  20-25 members , who are anxious to hear them.
I will post the reactions later !

spreadspectrum

« Reply #39 on: 19 Jul 2015, 02:37 pm »
Sounds exciting...Yes, please let us know how things go!