SOLD: Almarro A205A Mk II Integrated Amplifier with Upgrades SEP

kimchee411

For sale is an Almarro A205A Mk II SEP integrated amplifier that puts out 5 watts per channel.  It is in excellent condition, easily 8/10.  It was custom made with a 3rd RCA input on the right hand side and has 2 headphone outputs: one rear 1/8" and one on the left 1/4" and has a white finish.  The coupling caps were replaced with top level VCap CuTF copper teflon ($175) and the cheap binding posts were replaced with WBT 0703 gold plated copper alloy ($175).  Each of these upgrades make a huge improvement and take an already outstanding sounding amp to another level.

Included tubes are Psvane 12AX7-T input and a pair of Psvane EL84-T MkII output tubes ($115).  I estimate about 1500 hours on the input and 1000 in put output; lots of life remaining.  I am also including one other vintage input tube that I cannot identify for sure.  There are traces of the original blue writing so I believe it is a JAN Philips 12AX7.

I also have Herbie's tube dampers for the 3 tubes that I paid $75 for and will include at an ADDITIONAL cost of $40.

The amp comes in the original box with manual.

$725 shipped to USA
Will ship to Canada but will have to calculate shipping cost

SOLD

« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2015, 01:40 am by kimchee411 »

Tubo

Any issues with the amp? Any hum? How does it sound through the headphone outs?

kimchee411

No issues.  They all have some level of hum through the headphone outputs (this is my 3rd unit), but I don't recall how much on this particular one at the moment since I never use them.  I'll check tonight and report back.