Macbook pro

2bigears

Macbook pro
« on: 5 Jul 2015, 01:14 am »
 :D  hi all, a little trouble with my laptop,,,, it lost its brains and can't get wifi signal ,,,,
          is there something simple I can check before I toss this e-junk into the river ????  :D

srb

Re: Macbook pro
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jul 2015, 01:25 am »
Before you give up and mail it to me ( ;) ), have you restarted/power cycled your router?  Restart the router then restart the computer.

Steve

2bigears

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jul 2015, 01:40 am »
 :D. Ok,, thanks ,, I'll try that . Before it gets very wet ,,,, ha  :D
      It does show my handle with a check besides it,,   But I have the alert of no internet connection ?

srb

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jul 2015, 01:53 am »
You may have a connection to the router, but no connection to the Internet.  Is the modem separate or is it a combo modem/router gateway?  If the modem is separate give that a restart also.

Can any other devices or computers get an internet connection?

Steve

JohnR

« Reply #4 on: 5 Jul 2015, 02:18 am »
System Preferences -> Network -> Assist me

Bemopti123

« Reply #5 on: 5 Jul 2015, 02:23 am »
I had an intermittent internet connection via cable modem.  At first I thought it was my router, later I thought it was my modem.  Later I found out it was a corroded connection outside where the coaxial line connects to my house.  The cableman showed me the oxidation, he refinished the connection and now it is lightning fast and super reliable.  The question of other devices connecting to the network and to the internet is a first step. 

2bigears

« Reply #6 on: 5 Jul 2015, 09:18 pm »
 :D  back in business,,,, just needed a clic of the pad to change a setting that went outta wack,,,, thanks all :D
        no splash just yet.    but as witth all this e-junk,,,,  it's coming .... ha

JohnR

« Reply #7 on: 6 Jul 2015, 09:46 am »
I find that beating my e-junk with a stick works sometimes.

GentleBender

« Reply #8 on: 6 Jul 2015, 10:39 am »
I find that beating my e-junk with a stick works sometimes.
Much better than waterboarding!