Balanced Power Technologies--any experience with the BP-3.5 Ultra p-con?

jeffreybehr

• Facilitator
http://www.b-p-t.com/bp-3.5-ultra.html

I'm thinking of buying one to replace my audience aR12 Imp.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=106120.0

I've already rewired the system to drive EVERYTHING from the aR12; that has reduced the noise level somewhat, but I live in urban Phoenix with LOTS of RF noise, and I expect that not connecting anything to a noisy neutral line would reduce system noise even further.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Use both, in series.  They take different approaches and work better together than individually.

fex02

i have the bpt 10.5.Great unit.Chris is a super guy to deal with.
The video was also improved ,which i didn't anticipate.
The unit is a work of art.

jeffreybehr

• Facilitator
...chassis.  I opted for the aluminum front plate, and I'll be supplying my own inlet and outlets.  All Furutech, the former is a 20-amp FI-33 (R) while the outlets are 3 GTX-D-Rs plus 3 FPX-Rs.  Balanced Power Technologies is now a one-person company, so it'll take a few weeks to get mine assembled.

Its new powercord will be four feet* of Neotec NEP-3001 with a 20-amp F'tech FI-52-R-N1 p-con end and a 15-amp FI-50M-R male end.  Will also be replacing the FP-20-R duplex outlet feeding the p-con with a GTX-D-R.

And, of course, completely unseen and unheard, I'm already scheming about improving some parts.  I'm incorrigible!!!!!!

* which is about 2 feet longer than that for my audience aR-12-Imp.

RDavidson

As you're considering BPT, you might also consider Equitech. :thumb: I have no affiliation. Just giving you another option.
I also agree with what others have stated. Use your passive filter (Audience) with your source components, which have small power supplies. Use a balanced power conditioner with your amps. Just be sure to get a large enough one to handle your amp's power draw.

jeffreybehr

• Facilitator
As you're considering BPT, you might also consider Equitech. :thumb: I have no affiliation. Just giving you another option.

Equi=Tech Corporation is apparently a ZERO-person company.  For more than a month, NO ONE has answered their many fone numbers or responds to e-mails.
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2015, 03:17 am by jeffreybehr »

jeffreybehr

• Facilitator
YAY! My custom-spec'd BP-3.5 Ultra is on its way!
« Reply #6 on: 4 Mar 2015, 06:29 pm »
I sent Chris six Furutech duplex outlets--three FPX-Rs and three GTX-D-Rs--and a Furutech FI-33R 20-amp inlet to install in it.  Mine will be the first built in his new six-outlet chassis and has the optional aluminum faceplate.  I'll post pics as soon as it gets here.   :D

The shipping weight is 67 pounds.