Mills MRA 5

wroman214

Mills MRA 5
« on: 4 Dec 2015, 07:54 pm »
 I spent some time collecting parts to build a TubeLab SE power amp and where possible I ordered from you parts to populate the board and  Cardas connectors and Neotec wire.  I finally completed the amp last Sunday and turned on and  nothing.  This hobby is teaching me to be a tech the hard way.  Discovered an open 270 Ohm 5 watt mills resistor.  I always measure resistors twice,once while loading a bin with the pieces in order and once before soldering them in.  I also use a thin curved needle nose pliers to hold the wire from the resistor and bend the wire after the pliers.   Has there been any problems with Mills since going to Mexico?  I have used them in the past and never had a problem.
Walt
wroman214@comcast.net

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Re: Mills MRA 5
« Reply #1 on: 4 Dec 2015, 07:57 pm »
I spent some time collecting parts to build a TubeLab SE power amp and where possible I ordered from you parts to populate the board and  Cardas connectors and Neotec wire.  I finally completed the amp last Sunday and turned on and  nothing.  This hobby is teaching me to be a tech the hard way.  Discovered an open 270 Ohm 5 watt mills resistor.  I always measure resistors twice,once while loading a bin with the pieces in order and once before soldering them in.  I also use a thin curved needle nose pliers to hold the wire from the resistor and bend the wire after the pliers.   Has there been any problems with Mills since going to Mexico?  I have used them in the past and never had a problem.
Walt
wroman214@comcast.net

No problem with the parts from Mexico that I've used. Vishay moved production there after buying Mills.

Jeff

• Facilitator
  • Test...
    • Sonic Craft, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: 4 Dec 2015, 11:01 pm »
Walter,

Actually, they had issues when Huntington moved the MRA production to their Central Resistor division.  And again, Vishay had issues once they moved the part to Juarez.  I believe Vishay got a handle on things.  At least for production after the 3rd quarter of 14'.  If you feel you have a potential warranty issue, please contact us direct via our website.

wroman214

« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2015, 03:28 am »
  Good to know.  Not really sweating one bad resistor.