An Afternoon with Albert Von Schweikert

VSA_Production

An Afternoon with Albert Von Schweikert
« on: 11 Jul 2014, 08:07 pm »

Albert Von Schweikert is known all over the world as one of the greatest designers of loudspeakers in our time... and he's coming to The San Francisco Audiophile Society on Saturday July 19th 2014! Mr. Von Schweikert will be bringing his complete science show, a.k.a. the "Mr. Wizard show," including some very cool and esoteric audio gear as well as a lot of well-recorded, but not well-known, music that he will play for us. The presentation will go from 2:00pm to 4:00pm, and the reception will follow.

This will be a very special opportunity to meet, learn, hear, and discuss audio, speaker design, and music with one of our industry's luminaries. Not to mention this will be the first event under the new banner "The San Francisco Audiophile Society" (Formerly Bay Area Audiophile Society). You really don't want to miss this, especially since right after his presentation, they will be having the inaugural San Francisco Audiophile Society kick-off reception!

If you'd like to attend, please don't wait – the last three Audiophile Society events completely sold out. Sign up information can be found at http://www.sfaudiophilesociety.com/. We look forward to seeing you guys next weekend in San Francisco!

VSA

« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2014, 04:50 am by VSA_Production »

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: An Afternoon with Albert Von Schweikert
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2014, 10:26 pm »
..and here I've been spelling San Fransisco incorrectly all these years  :duh: :lol:

Alonski

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2014, 07:27 am »
The day after Albert Von Schweikert presented his Mr. Wizard Show to an audience of SFAS members (fully-packed in Leslie’s newly renovated, expanded, and very cool listening room), he wrote to say:  “Thank you for organizing one of the nicest meetings I’ve ever spoken at!”  We’re honored to have had you here, Albert. You’re a true gentleman. Indeed, it was fun to watch Albert’s lighthearted style and infectious smile go viral throughout the room.

Assisted by his affable 21-year old grandson, Devon, Albert managed to keep our large group of savvy audiophiles entertained and fascinated by presenting his loudspeaker design theories (refined over many decades) in an interactive, visual and experiential way through the use of props that he created. His science experiments included allowing us to clearly hear the importance of time-alignment, cabinet construction, as well as the difference in sound between drivers made of different materials.

While we anticipate Jason Victor Serinus’s full review of the event for Stereophile, I wanted to share a photo taken by Leslie, our Events Goddess herself, that says it all: Here Albert is awarding member Brian Wilson a copy of TAS’s beautiful book on high-end audio, signed by both himself and Robert Harley, for correctly answering one of Albert’s audio brain-teaser questions.

It was a great show and a truly wonderful launch for SFAS!  www.sfaudiophilesociety.com

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2014, 05:12 pm »
thx for a terrific report!!!! Albert is a kind and gentle man and did I mention humble! And WOW, does he know speaker design and room interaction/influences!  I've been a VSA cult fan since the launch of his VR4's.  Look forward to hearing more from Stereophile! 

Alonski

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jul 2014, 09:17 pm »
As promised, here is the full write-up of our event in Stereophile, by Jason Victor Serinus. Enjoy. And Albert, thanks again!

http://www.stereophile.com/content/albert-von-schweikerts-traveling-mr-wizard-show

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #5 on: 26 Jul 2014, 07:29 pm »
Very cool..thanks for sharing  :thumb: