New Argos in the house

maxboy00

New Argos in the house
« on: 10 Jul 2017, 07:33 pm »
Just received my pair of Argos last week! The finish is cherry and look amazing, very high craftsmanship done by Lou. . .

The Agros are 40” off the rear wall and 25” from the side walls, have no toe-in, and reside in a dedicated room. The Argos are being driven by Modwright gear and just sound wonderful, very clean and articulate, with excellent extended bass to fill the room. I have subs in the room, but for now I have them unplugged, and I’m not missing them

« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2017, 11:20 pm by maxboy00 »

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: New Argos in the house
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2017, 08:15 pm »
Maxboy00,

Congratulations! I do believe we (Aldcoll and I) saw these about one month ago when we were in the shop. We listened to a pair that Lou had on hand, so I can confidently say they are wonderful sounding speakers.

Listening impressions expected once they break in properly! :thumb:

Michael

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2017, 09:23 pm »
Congats !  I'm sure the fun has only begun. My Muses are a joy every time I crank up the system.  :thumb:

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2017, 03:42 pm »
Try toeing them in to intersect about 3-4 ft behind you when seated in your listening position and compare that to no toe in. I have the DA 1.1s with all the upgrades (basically an earlier version of the Argos) and played with the positioning. My speakers are about the same distance from front and side walls as yours, In my room, pointing the top tweeters to intersect about 42" behind me produced the best sound, soundstage, etc. YMMV.

Laura

jriggy

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2017, 08:20 pm »
As an Argos owner, I agree with Laura.  A lil toe-in will give you a denser soundstage and a little more presence in the mid band and center image.

Just wait till you get a few hundred hours on them! And years down the line your cherry will darken to a most wonderful tone. Mine sure did but they do get some reflected and ambient uv light in the room. That might make a difference.

Congrats and enjoy!

Jason

maxboy00

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2017, 11:32 pm »
@Michael, Good to know that you and Aldcoll  were able to get first crack at listening to them! I will report back when they start to open up!

@Laura, Thanks for the tip, I will add a little toe in as advised, I have not attached the plinths for this reason. So far tho the speakers are sounding great as is.

@jriggy, Yes, I complete agree on the change in the character, my Selah's speakers went much richer in it's cherry tones.

cheech

« Reply #6 on: 15 Jul 2017, 08:41 pm »
Treated myself to Argos about 20 months ago as a retirement present to myself and  very glad I did. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!