"The Grand Tour", the new "Top Gear", starts today on Amazon Prime

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
"Ladies and gentlemen, our long wait is over. The first episode of The Grand Tour—the new motoring show from Messrs. Clarkson, Hammond, and May—arrived on Amazon Prime today (November 18). I'm here to tell you the truth: it. is. AMAZING.

As you will no doubt remember, the Top Gear trio left the BBC following Clarkson's late night loss-of-temper with one of the show's producers. The BBC drafted in a new cast for the long-running programme, led by Chris Evans and Matt Le Blanc, but the re-helmed Top Gear went down like a lead balloon with audiences and Chris Evans fell on his sword as a result. Meanwhile, buoyed with a budget that's believed to top $5.5 million an episode, Clarkson et al. went to work on what may be seen as their magnum opus."

http://arstechnica.com/cars/2016/11/some-say-its-the-best-car-show-ever-the-grand-tour-hits-amazon-prime/

Dieterle Tool

• I don't know what it is, but I wunt it.
All giddy for the show but not enthused with Amazon Prime.  :shake:

ctviggen

Thank you for pointing this out.  I'll check it out. 

ctviggen

I see Amazon also has Top Gear. 

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
If you liked Top Gear, you will like this.

It is basically the same show (which is a good thing).

George

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
The "boys will be boys" format got old for me, but like seeing European cars we can't get in the U.S. and hearing what they thought of our cars.

mcgsxr

Agree the schtick is a little tired, though perhaps that is only for a small segment since they do have a new show.

I was laughing out loud at the lurid sliding of REALLY expensive cars around a track.  Funny to see cars worth more than my house being pitched around like used Civics.

An entertaining show, but I find I personally fast forward through all the blabbing and just watch the actual reviews and tests of the cars.