Just got IDA-16/ CDT 8 Pro/ WR 100, which is living up to the great reviews

Mike K.

Hello all. After a good 6 months of research/ reviews, listening to a few different MFG's, I purchased (via John Casler, who's great to work with) the NuPrime IDA-16, CDT 8 Pro and WR 100, which was based on my wanting to downsize/ simplicity of less equipment, and cost.

Over the years, I've been blessed with some very good equipment (in particular) VAC (w) Sonus Faber Guarneris, also Cary, Prima Luna, Arcam, (w) Merlin Speakers, various Magneplaners, Spendors, Vienna Acoustics.

I've found that this NuPrime combination, which is being used with PSB T's has met/ exceeded my expectations (I only have about 30 hrs of break-in), and it's giving me a "very good satisfying slice" of more expensive gear that I've listed to over the years. In conclusion, for me (we all have different tastes, wants/ needs/ budgets), the best compliment I can pay to this NuPrime combination, is that I want to keep on listening to the music.

rustydoglim

Thanks for your validation of our value.

Samac

Hello all. After a good 6 months of research/ reviews, listening to a few different MFG's, I purchased (via John Casler, who's great to work with) the NuPrime IDA-16, CDT 8 Pro and WR 100, which was based on my wanting to downsize/ simplicity of less equipment, and cost.

Over the years, I've been blessed with some very good equipment (in particular) VAC (w) Sonus Faber Guarneris, also Cary, Prima Luna, Arcam, (w) Merlin Speakers, various Magneplaners, Spendors, Vienna Acoustics.

I've found that this NuPrime combination, which is being used with PSB T's has met/ exceeded my expectations (I only have about 30 hrs of break-in), and it's giving me a "very good satisfying slice" of more expensive gear that I've listed to over the years. In conclusion, for me (we all have different tastes, wants/ needs/ budgets), the best compliment I can pay to this NuPrime combination, is that I want to keep on listening to the music.

I'm glad you're enjoying your IDA-16, Mike K. I've had mine for about a year and half and really enjoy it as well. It is an excellent amplifier; very balanced neutral and natural. Over the next few months you will like it even more as it settles in. Congratulations and enjoy all that new gear.

Cheers,

Scott

John Casler

Hi Mike,

Well nothing makes us happier than helping you, find the sound you want, in your price range.

It was a pleasure working with you too, and keep us updated to your perceptions/

Let me know if you need anything.

Mike K.

I'm glad you're enjoying your IDA-16, Mike K. I've had mine for about a year and half and really enjoy it as well. It is an excellent amplifier; very balanced neutral and natural. Over the next few months you will like it even more as it settles in. Congratulations and enjoy all that new gear.

Cheers,

Scott

Scott - thanks.

Your mentioning of "liking the IDA-16 even more over the next few months" is proving very true. I have about 100 hrs +/- on the IDA-16, and as it plays more, its just seems to be getting better & better. Over the years of having various different amps, I've "never" recalled such "dramatic/ very noticeable" improvement during break- as I'm experiencing with the IDA-16

Anyway, "for me" the IDA-16 has exceeded my expectations by a great margin, and I'm so glad I purchased it. Also, the CDT 8 Pro (only have about 25 hrs. on it) is proving to be an excellent CD Transport and glad that I purchased it, also the WR 100.

In closing, I know that NuPrime's separates would be better . For example, I wouldn't mind have a couple of NuPrime Evolution One's and maybe some Dynaudio Confidence C1's or Joseph Audio Pulsars, however in the same breath (which is hard to explain) I'm equally happy/don't feel deprived at all with the IDA-16 and my PSB T's.

Samac

Scott - thanks.

Your mentioning of "liking the IDA-16 even more over the next few months" is proving very true. I have about 100 hrs +/- on the IDA-16, and as it plays more, its just seems to be getting better & better. Over the years of having various different amps, I've "never" recalled such "dramatic/ very noticeable" improvement during break- as I'm experiencing with the IDA-16

Anyway, "for me" the IDA-16 has exceeded my expectations by a great margin, and I'm so glad I purchased it. Also, the CDT 8 Pro (only have about 25 hrs. on it) is proving to be an excellent CD Transport and glad that I purchased it, also the WR 100.

In closing, I know that NuPrime's separates would be better . For example, I wouldn't mind have a couple of NuPrime Evolution One's and maybe some Dynaudio Confidence C1's or Joseph Audio Pulsars, however in the same breath (which is hard to explain) I'm equally happy/don't feel deprived at all with the IDA-16 and my PSB T's.

That's great, Mike. I'm happy for you. Like you said, the IDA-16 just makes me want to keep on listening to the music.

We have a similar background when it comes to gear. I have an Arcam A19 and rDAC in a second system. I've had the Merlin VSM-mm and the TSM-mmi and way back I had a VAC Avatar Super.

To me NuPrime and Arcam remind me of each other. The both present the music in an even, natural way. Which makes me relax and just enjoy.

Cheers,

Scott

Mike K.

That's great, Mike. I'm happy for you. Like you said, the IDA-16 just makes me want to keep on listening to the music.

We have a similar background when it comes to gear. I have an Arcam A19 and rDAC in a second system. I've had the Merlin VSM-mm and the TSM-mmi and way back I had a VAC Avatar Super.

To me NuPrime and Arcam remind me of each other. The both present the music in an even, natural way. Which makes me relax and just enjoy.

Cheers,

Scott

Scott - Yeah, we seem to have similar background/ equipment. BTW (this was way back), I heard a set of Merlin VSM's with VAC Renaissance 30/30 and was/ still remember it being "one-of-the-best" overall combo's I've listened to, even to this day. I had the smaller Merlins TSM's (w) less pricy prima luna dialogue, and to my ears, it was very good/ got the job as they say. As for Arcam's sound, I'm a big, big fan (an old friend who used to work at Shelly's, Santa Monica had a great ear/ appreciation for great systems, on a daily basis he put together/ listened to/ lived with a variety of equipment & speaker combinations ranging from approximately $1.5K to $25K+++ and for his budget/ own system, he used Arcam, which says a lot to me). As for the IDA-16, it has that wonderful Arcam listenability.

In closing, "IMO" in today's marketplace, there are "lots" of great equipment/ combinations or recipes to create wonderful $1K to $50K +++stereo system and it pretty much boils down to "personal taste" (of course size of room/ room acoustics is a big factor as well). Anyway, for me/ my needs/ past experience of what I've listened (BTW, I've not listened to "everything") this NuPrime equipment, is, well......to my ears ranks as being one of the best "overall" I've heard, and regardless of price sort of thing.