Is Adele DONE already?! She is only 25...

Wind Chaser

Re: Is Adele DONE already?! She is only 25...
« Reply #40 on: 17 Dec 2015, 07:28 pm »
I don't know if she's done, but I was done with that new song after the second listen.

Heard it on the radio yesterday. Sounded  like she was howling in pain. Goddamn, shit the bed. :slap:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #41 on: 17 Dec 2015, 07:44 pm »
There seems to be an anti-Adele sentiment running amok here.  I don't particularly care for her voice but I think she is very talented and puts her emotions into the songs -- I like some emotional belting here and there.   I am not that big a fan of throaty crooners and Adele is not one of them.  She sold out 2 shows (20K seats each) including crazy priced VIP seats in less then 30 minutes this morning in DC.  I know because tried and couldn't get through.  Clearly, she has fans -- may be just not here.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #42 on: 17 Dec 2015, 08:32 pm »
There seems to be an anti-Adele sentiment running amok here.  I don't particularly care for her voice but I think she is very talented and puts her emotions into the songs -- I like some emotional belting here and there.   I am not that big a fan of throaty crooners and Adele is not one of them.  She sold out 2 shows (20K seats each) including crazy priced VIP seats in less then 30 minutes this morning in DC.  I know because tried and couldn't get through.  Clearly, she has fans -- may be just not here.
Not me, I same as you also dont care for her voice as she is a handsome blonde.

mix4fix

• Facilitator
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #43 on: 18 Dec 2015, 07:22 am »

Clearly the scalpers got them before her real fans...

I have no doubt she could sell out the Verizon Center. Some people will be paying more than what they originally were offered for.

Art_Chicago

« Reply #44 on: 18 Dec 2015, 08:23 am »

interesting, but i suggest one should start from the OP-- comparing 21 vs. 25. that is about it.

low.pfile

« Reply #45 on: 18 Dec 2015, 08:39 am »
There’s always a ‘tough crowd’ to contend with. And AC is no exception. /wink-wink  ((there is no emoji for that))

I personally “don't have a dog in this hunt” myself [thanks jarcher], but I wonder about the various disparaging comments here on AC about Adele. I have not purchased Adele’s new album, 25, myself. but I have listened a couple of time to the album, recently at a friends. it did not compel me to buy it on vinyl or CD.

That said, I just wanted to share a few thoughts on Adele. I own the ’19’ and ’21’ albums on CD and Adele Live At The Royal Albert Hall on DVD.  My favorite album is ’19’ of all her albums to date. Beautiful music based on her life. It seems that the success of 19 made the music labels make there there normal over produced artistic direction and recording moves. Her talent persists throughout these endeavors.

This video link, https://vimeo.com/33481617 is not the best audio quality transfer, but it may be of interest to some for general content.

Her comment during the DVD performance, speaks of her disposition, “I’m pretty miserable on record, really…”

Yes, I think that Adele has real musical chops, especially covering a little known Nashville bluegrass band song by The Steeldrivers ‘If it hadn’t been for love’

I am sure if I were in attendance at Royal Albert Hall during Adele's performance, I would have had goose bumps.

The latest album, 25, is not especially appealing to me. but I do see it is a storytelling type of album.  So, for you, did you know about “The Steeldrivers” already? If you did I hope you saw them live, in your favorite venue!

And having Adele music, regardless of the recording quality, is a great way to make many friends happy, as we listen to music TOGETHER.

charmerci

« Reply #46 on: 18 Dec 2015, 06:37 pm »
Obviously, we have a very discerning group of listeners here.

I am no fan of Adele's but I think if you imagine yourself as person of around 20 years old, people tend to listen to music created by those of your age group.

Also, all you need to do is to consecutively listen to the top 20 songs out there this week and then listen to Adele and you'll find that she is a breath of fresh air. Seriously, I can't even listen to 30 seconds of Taylor Swift's latest hits.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #47 on: 19 Dec 2015, 02:08 am »
Heard it on the radio yesterday. Sounded  like she was howling in pain. Goddamn, shit the bed. :slap:

:rotflmao:

Relax, Chaser. That's just old age creeping in. You'll get used to it.  :icon_twisted:

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
« Reply #48 on: 19 Dec 2015, 03:03 am »
Not me, I same as you also dont care for her voice as she is a handsome blonde.

I'm sure she is crushed because you don't like her voice.  :lol:

--Jerome

Early B.

« Reply #49 on: 19 Dec 2015, 05:16 am »
...people tend to listen to music created by those of your age group.

Also, all you need to do is to consecutively listen to the top 20 songs out there this week and then listen to Adele and you'll find that she is a breath of fresh air.

Good points. The old geezers on AC won't like anything from an artist under 40, and most definitely nothing in the pop category.

brooklyn

« Reply #50 on: 19 Dec 2015, 07:17 am »
This old geezer likes Adele, I’m just not crazy about her new album..

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #51 on: 19 Dec 2015, 10:20 am »
I'm sure she is crushed because you don't like her voice.  :lol:

--Jerome
I like her voice but not singing.
Once one listen Teresa Teng, Jacintha, Shirley Bassey, April Stevens, Dione Warwick or even Gloria Gaynor there is no chance to like Adele sing. :?
And there is many more, all best voice & less famous and less $ than Adele.
I suppose this is called life, it has never been fair.
http://www.jazz.com/dozens/the-dozens-12-jazz-divas-you-need-to-know
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2015, 12:57 pm by FullRangeMan »

ctviggen

« Reply #52 on: 19 Dec 2015, 02:36 pm »
Good points. The old geezers on AC won't like anything from an artist under 40, and most definitely nothing in the pop category.

I'm an "old geezer" (51) and listen to many artists under 40.  In fact, I do not listen to anything I used to listen to while growing up (no Zeppelin, Boston, etc.).   I like Adele, too, although I've not heard her new CD.  I do think her songs are depressing, though, if you pay attention to the lyrics.  Personally, I've never liked much "pop", but I do listen to some of it.  And my kids like it, so I listen through them.  (Though I'm not sure what qualifies as "pop" these days.)