Just got the ZMF Ori and looking for a great balanced cable

ctsooner

That has the Audeze mini connection and a Pono connection for the amp. Using the Ayre QX5/20 which has a killer DAC/AMP. Want to get the most out of it. Thanks.

ctsooner

Re: Just got the ZMF Ori and looking for a great balanced cable
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2017, 11:45 pm »
Well, it seems like there aren't many cable fans on the board, lol.  I am ordering the Audio Art new headphone cables.  He is the nicest guy and will customize connections etc...  I know he makes good interconnects, cords and speaker cables, so I am sure his can cables will be outstanding especially for the price.  Big discount, 25% right now, on Audiogon or if you call and ask him for it. 

dB Cooper

« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2017, 12:44 pm »
There's lots of cable geeks here. Maybe not so much headphone cables? Sometimes it takes a little time before the right person sees your post. Head-fi would be a good place to ask too.

ctsooner

« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2017, 03:14 pm »
Thanks. Yes, I'm over there.  It looks like I'm going to try the Audio Art cables.  He gives us a great value for 2 channel cables and is willing to custom make a cable that is balanced with an XLR output and then I can have him make 6" adaptors for whatever amp connection I'll have.  I have an Ayre with Pono style and that's not changing for a long long time, if ever at this point in my life, but what if I need a jack later on or something else?  I have a stock cable that's shorter that has an XLR at the end with a 1/4" adaptor, so I'm set when using them in the bedroom. 

thanks for the reply..