My Odyssey Amps

kannibal

My Odyssey Amps
« on: 27 May 2017, 01:42 am »
I am the proud owner of these beautiful custom color Odyssey Khartago Monos. I've been breaking them in for about a month and can't say enough good things about both the amps and the buying experience. I upgraded from a Adcom GFA-555, so the jump was not subtle. The color came from a request for the "darkest possible copper". I wanted a really dark brown, like a mohogany color, but did a really bad job describing it to Klaus by saying a "really dark copper". Klaus called me one day and said, "I got your cases back and they are very red." But then added that they were gorgeous! He wanted to make sure I wanted them so red. I had no idea how red they were until they arrived, but I couldn't be happier. They stand out enough to be very eye catching without looking garish. And the sound! Oh what a sound. I thought my speakers couldn't handle bass very well. Turns out I just needed an amp that could show them who's boss! Thanks Klaus!

Feel free to post your amps too. Maybe Klaus can pin this as gallery of all the great products and happy Odyssey users!

artur9

Re: My Odyssey Amps
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2017, 02:06 am »
That is a cool color.  Hopefully they sound as awesome as they look. 

Mine look dowdy (they're pretty old) but they sound just great.

gregcss

« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2017, 02:24 am »
Looks great!  :thumb:

kannibal

« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2017, 02:42 am »
That is a cool color.  Hopefully they sound as awesome as they look. 

Mine look dowdy (they're pretty old) but they sound just great.
Thanks! Yeah, they sound great. They still have some break in time before they sound their best, but I could tell the improvement out of the box.

rickmusicman

« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2017, 03:24 am »
Those amps are beautiful! I ordered a stereo Khartago amp with the upgrades around 7 weeks ago. Klaus told me it should be built in around 2 weeks, I can't wait! Is the case you had built a special one, or is this what the Khartago cases look like, with the Odessey name lit up on the front? The only Khartago case I saw was on the Odessey website, but it does not look like yours, not meaning the color but the design. I really like the looks of yours, so if it was an upgrade, will have to ask Klaus about this.

A_shah

« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2017, 06:37 am »
Congrats ! they look beautiful, can you tell me where did you get does platform stands on which these have been placed  ? and what are the specs ? I know Klaus builds them with custom specs but still curious to know

uncola

« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2017, 02:28 am »
rickmusicman, yes that's the current design.. I have kismet in khartago case monos and they are the same, except my faceplates are chromed.  the odyssey logo on the front is laser etched into a piece of glass, then there's a blue led to light it up.. looks cool

JackD

« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2017, 03:00 am »
Looks like VTI stands. 

kannibal

« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2017, 12:52 pm »
Looks like VTI stands. 
Congrats ! they look beautiful, can you tell me where did you get does platform stands on which these have been placed  ? and what are the specs ? I know Klaus builds them with custom specs but still curious to know

Yes, the stands are VTI. Cheapos by comparison to nicer stuff, but holding my amps and other components just fine for now.

As far as the amps go, they have the caps and board upgrades. The power supply upgrades. The wiring and input upgrades. Sorry I don't have the details on exactly where it falls in the hierarchy of Klaus' amp upgrades. Maybe he can chime in here if he cares to. Needless to say. I am very impressed.

Kw6

« Reply #9 on: 8 Jun 2017, 05:28 pm »
Can you post e sonic differences as I  am thinking of Adcom GFA - 565se?

Kw6

« Reply #10 on: 8 Jun 2017, 10:42 pm »

kannibal

« Reply #11 on: 12 Jun 2017, 04:40 am »

Well, I can give it a shot, but I had a different model Adcom, and to be honest, I didn't make any a/b comparisons, as even right out the box, the Odyssey's were so superior in every way. After 2 months of living with them they impress me every time I use them. Trying to put what I hear into words, bass control, texture and presence on the Odysseys are way beyond what the 555 could accomplish. The 555 is servicable and works well and I enjoyed it, but compared to the Odysseys it's rather plain and uninteresting across the frequency spectrum.

Hope that helps.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #12 on: 15 Jun 2017, 12:10 am »
Very glad that you like them.........