Audez'e LCD-X and LCD-Xc

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: Audez'e LCD-X and LCD-Xc
« Reply #20 on: 14 Oct 2013, 01:24 pm »
Zep congrats on the new cans, my he5's spoiled me too. I never listened to anything else for a long time.....after a year or so I traded them away just to get a fresh take on the current stuff....crazy isnt it, I just began to loose the fun because I always had the perfect sound in them.
 When you told me you were getting them my first thought was "I wonder how long until he starts selling his others".......hopefully they won't do that to ya.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #21 on: 18 Oct 2013, 11:18 am »
I definitely understand where you're coming from...I don't know how I feel about them either.

Supposedly Sennheiser is working on a new electrostat phone, so that should be interesting.
Any additional info or link on the new Senn ES??
Seems a good name could be Orpheus 2.

ajzepp

« Reply #22 on: 18 Oct 2013, 09:56 pm »

I was asking Jan Meier of Meier Audio about them, and he said he was really trying to pry some info out of his Sennheiser rep, but to no avail...their lips are sealed, apparently

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #23 on: 19 Oct 2013, 03:58 am »
Thanks bro;

ajzepp

« Reply #24 on: 8 Nov 2013, 02:59 pm »
Thought you guys might want to see the LCD-X in the black rings...this pic was just released on the Audeze site. (Other pics were the gunmetal gray version.)

Personally I think this is MUCH nicer looking than the gray...

dB Cooper

« Reply #25 on: 10 Nov 2013, 01:17 am »
Thanks for the reply, I thought (was hoping) that maybe Fostex was a Planar and I had just been over looking thinking it was a Dynamic.

Those MadDogs/AlphaDogs seem like real nice headphones and I am sure they are. I am just not sure I really want something thats modded like that. Who knows maybe with given time I will give them a try. For right now I have my eyes on the Audez'e line. Just trying to hold out for the new ones to get some reviews before I make the decision.

Heard the Mad Dogs at Capital Audiofest and was very impressed with the sound, but the gel filled ear pads had my ears wanting "out" very quickly. Felt like a lighter Koss Pro 4AA in that regard. (If you have ever had a pair of those on your head, you will know what I mean.)

dB Cooper

« Reply #26 on: 10 Nov 2013, 01:22 am »
I would expect any such product to cost at least as much as the HD800, which would make them a curiosity only from my POV.

dreamreaper

« Reply #27 on: 12 Nov 2013, 02:16 pm »
Heard the Mad Dogs at Capital Audiofest and was very impressed with the sound, but the gel filled ear pads had my ears wanting "out" very quickly. Felt like a lighter Koss Pro 4AA in that regard. (If you have ever had a pair of those on your head, you will know what I mean.)

Thanks for the heads up on the pads. Nice to hear they do sound good though.
 :beer:

dreamreaper

« Reply #28 on: 12 Nov 2013, 02:19 pm »
Thought you guys might want to see the LCD-X in the black rings...this pic was just released on the Audeze site. (Other pics were the gunmetal gray version.)

Yes those do look better than the gray...........
but I am still partial to the wood.
 :green:

parr3n1

« Reply #29 on: 12 Nov 2013, 02:37 pm »
Did they improve on the comfort level. The comfort is a game breaker for me.

ajzepp

« Reply #30 on: 12 Nov 2013, 02:38 pm »
Yes those do look better than the gray...........
but I am still partial to the wood.
 :green:

Yep, the wood looks the best for sure....I was just surprised how much nicer the regular X looked in black vs gray. I had the bamboo LCD-2s in here for just under a month, though, and they looked MUCH better than pics would indicate. Really, really nice phones.

ajzepp

« Reply #31 on: 12 Nov 2013, 02:40 pm »
Did they improve on the comfort level. The comfort is a game breaker for me.

Well, they got rid of the pads they were using on the LCD-2s and are using the better quality foam (such as you have with the LCD-3 pads) in all their current phones. This onl took place a short time ago, so if the pads were the issue for you then you may want to give them another shot.

dreamreaper

« Reply #32 on: 12 Nov 2013, 02:42 pm »
Yep, the wood looks the best for sure....I was just surprised how much nicer the regular X looked in black vs gray. I had the bamboo LCD-2s in here for just under a month, though, and they looked MUCH better than pics would indicate. Really, really nice phones.

While I have never seen a pair of the LCD-2's in person, in pictures I have always preferred the Bamboo to the Rosewood for some reason. Seems like most people want the Rosewood though.

ajzepp

« Reply #33 on: 12 Nov 2013, 02:45 pm »
While I have never seen a pair of the LCD-2's in person, in pictures I have always preferred the Bamboo to the Rosewood for some reason. Seems like most people want the Rosewood though.

Yep, when I asked for opinions on which to buy, the rosewood was the overwhelming choice.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #34 on: 12 Nov 2013, 06:50 pm »

Love the looks/build quality of the new line. Few guys had problems with the wood rings cracking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxpvlyIEM0Q

ajzepp

« Reply #35 on: 15 Jan 2014, 09:19 am »
So has anyone heard and/or purchased a pair of these new Audeze phones yet?

I just placed my order and will hopefully have them in on Friday...Monday at the latest. If anyone is interested in impressions once I get some time with them, just let me know.

Quiet Earth

« Reply #36 on: 15 Jan 2014, 02:11 pm »
I heard the LCD-X, LCD-Xc, and the LCD-3 at THE Show last week. All three were plugged into the same ALO Audio Studio Six tube amp. Very nice!  :thumb:

I preferred the LCD-X over all three phones. Yes, I did adjust the volume on the LCD-3 to make it a fair comparison (the x and x-c are more efficient than the LCD-3, by quite a bit). I thought the X sounded more like real music than the 3, the 3 sounded more like smooth hifi. I only spent about twenty minutes listening to the them. Just my gut feel.  The X-c had a bit of a closed in sound, and a little too planery for me,,, like Magnepan.

This was my first planar headphone experience. I liked what I heard. Not the last word in comfort though. Still, I could wear them for a while.

I also got to hear the new hifiman flagship phones, which will cost around $800? Those were clearly their best headphones in their line-up. But to be honest, if I were going to buy those I would just save up for the LCD-X. The fit and finish seemed nicer with the Audeze.

I really liked that tube amp, the Studio Six. Nice!  :D

ajzepp

« Reply #37 on: 17 Jan 2014, 10:07 am »
That's great feedback, and very consistent with what most everyone at head-fi is saying. I can't wait to get hold of these things...from what everyone is saying, Audeze really hit it out of the park.

ajzepp

« Reply #38 on: 14 Feb 2014, 11:57 pm »
I think I may have a problem...

Last night when I was sitting here working, waiting for another call to come in, I caught myself fondling the Xs in a way that might be best described as borderline inappropriate. I'm feeling a little awkward about it today.  :oops:

milford3

« Reply #39 on: 15 Feb 2014, 12:30 am »
I think I may have a problem...

Last night when I was sitting here working, waiting for another call to come in, I caught myself fondling the Xs in a way that might be best described as borderline inappropriate. I'm feeling a little awkward about it today.  :oops:

I know I have a lot more to learn about the Audeze company but the LCD 2's are just incredible.  I can just dream (for now) what the rest of their line up sounds like.  Putting on a pair of Audeze planar headphones is like dating a college cheerleader.