• The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #2600 on: 25 Nov 2017, 10:51 am »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Signature Speakers – Customer Feedback

November 2017

Hi James,

I just wanted to personally thank you for developing such a wonderful speaker.

My new Bryston Model T Signatures are much improved over my original Model T passives.

The veneer is gorgeous, and they sound tighter, more resolving and much more dynamic.

Right now, my electronics are Bryston BDA-3 DAC to BP-26 preamp to 7B3 Mono Amps to Model T Signature speakers.

I’ve been talking with Mark Jones about upgrading to two more 4B3 amps and a Bryston BAX-1 Digital Active Crossover.

I’m sure the next upgrade to Active will be a huge improvement as well.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

John Tole
s

Spyman

« Reply #2601 on: 26 Nov 2017, 11:19 pm »
James,

I don’t have nearly as elegant a system as that above, but I wanted to add my thanks and praise for developing such great products. I just bought a pair of Mini T’s from Audio Alternative in Ft. Collins, Colorado. I’ve had them for a week now and all I can say is, “WOW!” They replaced speakers I’ve had for 20 years. I thought I knew my music collection, but these speakers really bring out elements I’ve not heard before. They complete an almost all-Bryston system: BDP-1, BDA-1, BIT 15, 4BSST2, and a BP-26 and MPS-2. I think it’s a pretty good system! Most people who I’ve played something for agree. The most common reaction has been, “You’ve got to be kidding!” Thanks again.

Terry

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2602 on: 27 Nov 2017, 12:07 pm »
James,

I don’t have nearly as elegant a system as that above, but I wanted to add my thanks and praise for developing such great products. I just bought a pair of Mini T’s from Audio Alternative in Ft. Collins, Colorado. I’ve had them for a week now and all I can say is, “WOW!” They replaced speakers I’ve had for 20 years. I thought I knew my music collection, but these speakers really bring out elements I’ve not heard before. They complete an almost all-Bryston system: BDP-1, BDA-1, BIT 15, 4BSST2, and a BP-26 and MPS-2. I think it’s a pretty good system! Most people who I’ve played something for agree. The most common reaction has been, “You’ve got to be kidding!” Thanks again.

Terry

Hi Terry

Thank you for your kind comments - I agree the Mini T is a real surprise when people hear it as it seems to deify its size when it comes to soundstage size and full range balance.

james
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2017, 10:50 am by James Tanner »

Spyman

« Reply #2603 on: 27 Nov 2017, 11:03 pm »
I agree completely. The solid bass just seems to give solidarity to the whole frequency range. Most of the people who have heard the system can’t believe such a sound could come from a speaker that size. It’s really been fun showing them off.

Terry

TJ-Sully

« Reply #2604 on: 28 Nov 2017, 11:46 pm »
"...They complete an almost all-Bryston system: BDP-1, BDA-1, BIT 15, 4BSST2, and a BP-26 and MPS-2. I think it’s a pretty good system!"

Spyman, that's a damn good system!! No doubt about it. Mine is almost the same :)
BDP1, BDA2, 4BSST2, BP20, MiniT's and BIT20 arrives this week!

what are you running for speaker cables?

TJ

Spyman

« Reply #2605 on: 29 Nov 2017, 10:17 pm »
Thank you, TJ! I’m proud of it and I’m having a great time listening! Adding the Mini T’s has brought added pleasure to my collection.

My speaker cables are Linn K-20 cables. I had never heard of Linn cables (I thought they only made turntables), but they really made a difference when Rick from Audio Alternative fixed them up to bi-wire the Brystons.

That’s a pretty great system you’ve got yourself!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2606 on: 30 Nov 2017, 07:51 pm »
Hi Folks,

Mini A speakers in White Oak and White Maple - preference?

james

mr_bill

« Reply #2607 on: 30 Nov 2017, 08:27 pm »
White Maple.

gene9p

« Reply #2608 on: 30 Nov 2017, 09:42 pm »

TJ-Sully

« Reply #2609 on: 30 Nov 2017, 11:01 pm »
Looking good! i like the lower pic - is that maple? :)
Sticking with the star wars theme! I like it  :thumb:

Mini T up next!!

Spyman

« Reply #2610 on: 1 Dec 2017, 02:54 am »
I think I like the white maple too, if those are the ones in the bottom picture.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2611 on: 1 Dec 2017, 10:07 am »
I think I like the white maple too, if those are the ones in the bottom picture.

Yes the bottom picture has the white Maple in the foreground - the top picture has the Oak in the foreground.

james

mr_bill

« Reply #2612 on: 1 Dec 2017, 03:38 pm »
if you want to do an oak then a distressed oak with more of a lighter gray color tone would be really modern and nice - see Dynaudio Special Forty or Klipsch Forte III

servingko

« Reply #2613 on: 1 Dec 2017, 04:58 pm »
I am liking the white on maple more as well.  Loving my Middle T's - they continue to amaze.  I waffled over the Mini T's but after figuring in a suitable stand I felt the Middle T made more sense for me.  No regrets and followed up with a TC-1 and a pair of TOW's.  Mini T's for surrounds would have been my first choice, but ascetically the TOW's where a better match.  Now I just need to finish up my room and set all of them up together!

Spyman

« Reply #2614 on: 1 Dec 2017, 10:47 pm »
When you get everything set up, how about posting a picture?

bud1451

« Reply #2615 on: 2 Dec 2017, 06:45 pm »
Hi James

Where are the crossovers located in the passive model T? I would assume the individual driver units are wired in series then to the internal crossover? Do you have any pictures of the internal crossover?

Thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2616 on: 2 Dec 2017, 08:19 pm »
Hi James

Where are the crossovers located in the passive model T? I would assume the individual driver units are wired in series then to the internal crossover? Do you have any pictures of the internal crossover?

Thanks

Hi

Because the Speakers are made from one piece of wood and folded the crossover gets inserted prior to the fold.

I think I have some pics - will look.

james

Soldeed

« Reply #2617 on: 3 Dec 2017, 03:06 pm »

What happens if you have to replace a crossover in a Model T?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2618 on: 3 Dec 2017, 03:43 pm »
What happens if you have to replace a crossover in a Model T?

Hi

So far that has not happened but I am currently looking into it.

james

Soldeed

« Reply #2619 on: 3 Dec 2017, 08:08 pm »

In a prior life not having access to the crossovers would be a major concern.  When issues would arise it was much easier to ship crossovers rather
than complete speakers.

After one year of Model T Bliss it is not really a concern for me.

Out of curiosity what component of the speaker is the crossover behind?