Bryston B135SST2 cross talk in HT-mode

Ola_S

Bryston B135SST2 cross talk in HT-mode
« on: 16 Nov 2017, 05:41 pm »
Hello! I have a B135SST2 and it has a really nice unity gain feature, the problem I have is that it very sensitive in this mode. I have used the B135 primarily as a preamp to my 28B's and it works well but when connected to my Marantz HT-receiver pre outs in HT-mode it picks up noise from the HTPC. When the Marantz pre outs are directly connected to the 28B's the noise is gone. A friend of mine also concluded that noise level in normal mode is rather high (just the DAC connected).

So tonight I made another discovery; at the moment im using the B135 as an integrated amp and as I turned on the HT function I could still hear the music from the CD-input pretty loud (loudspeakers have a sensitivity of around 89dB). Is the really normal? :?

See clip here: http://user.faktiskt.se/Rydberg/bryston_crosstalk.MOV

Ola_S

Re: Bryston B135SST2 cross talk in HT-mode
« Reply #1 on: 17 Nov 2017, 10:35 am »
Just noticed that the link is not clickable, just copy paste it to a new browser window and it should work. Sorry for that  :oops:

servingko

« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2017, 11:11 pm »
I have a B135 and it doesn't act like yours does.  I am running Middle T speakers which are similar at 88db IIRC.  You may want to contact Bryston directly to get this sorted out.

Ola_S

« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2017, 10:54 am »
@servingko: Thanks for checking! I guess I have to contact Bryston directly then (Mike?) 

servingko

« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2017, 02:44 pm »
Yes, I would reach out to Mike via phone.

Stefan_DR3

« Reply #5 on: 10 Dec 2017, 10:02 pm »
Did you ever get it fixed?  My BP-17 Cubed has crosstalk but only on the phono input (MM board installed) from other RCA inputs.

Ola_S

« Reply #6 on: 8 Jan 2018, 10:58 am »
Did you ever get it fixed?  My BP-17 Cubed has crosstalk but only on the phono input (MM board installed) from other RCA inputs.
I talked to Mike and he said he would come back to me, this has not happend until now. Considering the time of the year I'm not suprised, I also said I was not in a hurry. Hopefully I will hear from him soon otherwise I will give him a call again.