The NFL Season, 17-18

rodge827

Re: The NFL Season, 17-18
« Reply #260 on: 19 Jan 2018, 08:18 pm »
Got your underdog mask? Apparently they can't keep these things in stock back there.

Woof!

stlrman

« Reply #261 on: 21 Jan 2018, 08:41 pm »
Jacksonville looking very good !! D is strong ! Great easy long drive for a TD.
Let's go Jags !!!! The

stlrman

« Reply #262 on: 21 Jan 2018, 08:55 pm »
Running and passing  with ease !!! 14-3 Jags !!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #263 on: 21 Jan 2018, 09:37 pm »
Fewer penalties, please.
Otherwise, they look great.

stlrman

« Reply #264 on: 21 Jan 2018, 11:06 pm »
Tom works his magic again !!!!

stlrman

« Reply #265 on: 21 Jan 2018, 11:09 pm »

Let's go Eagles!!!

rodge827

« Reply #266 on: 21 Jan 2018, 11:15 pm »

Mag

« Reply #267 on: 21 Jan 2018, 11:21 pm »
Somewhere between the barrage of TV commercials there was a football game.

I don't know if the cable companies know this but watching football and MLB is the only reason I still have cable TV.

Baseball even NHL hockey is now having banner commercials On Screen during play. Between innings or face offs in hockey is enough TV commercials. :cuss:

ohenry

« Reply #268 on: 21 Jan 2018, 11:41 pm »
Tom works his magic again !!!!

And so did the officials.  :lol:

stlrman

« Reply #269 on: 22 Jan 2018, 02:13 am »

Holy Shit !! Eagles destroying the Vikings !!
Epic night for Foles!!! , the defense and all around perfect game by the Birds !!
Wow!!!! :thumb:

38-7 as I write this .

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #270 on: 22 Jan 2018, 02:22 am »
Yes, congrats to the Eagles. If they play like tonight in two weeks it should be a great SB.

rodge827

« Reply #271 on: 22 Jan 2018, 02:40 am »
1 To Go! :thumb:

Dilly Dilly

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #272 on: 22 Jan 2018, 02:55 am »
The Beagles go to the Super Bowl.
Hope they win it, they played great tonight. 

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #273 on: 22 Jan 2018, 04:08 am »
Well, guess the clock struck midnite for the Vikes. :?  Guess I'm all-in for Brady & Co now. :thumb:

rodge827

« Reply #274 on: 22 Jan 2018, 04:35 am »
Come on Rob your gonna jump conferences?  :wtf:
I would have been a Vikes guy all the way if things ended differently.

Underdogs rule!!!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #275 on: 22 Jan 2018, 04:51 am »
Happily I was dead wrong about the Eagles today, I was certain Foles couldn't put up this kind of performance against a top defense.  He shredded the Vikes in every way, congrats to the young man.  The defense has allowed a total of 17 points in the two playoff games and pressures heavily up the middle which upsets Brady.  I give them a good chance to upset the Pats.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #276 on: 22 Jan 2018, 07:06 am »
I truly don't understand rooting for someone simply because they're less skilled and don't work as hard as their opponents.   :lol:  Underdogs are underdogs because they're not as good- why do people actively hope for the less prepared team to defeat the better prepared team?  That's the opposite of meritocracy!  At any rate the Pats have been my favorite AFC team for many many years.  When you're a Vikings fan that's okay for the regular season but that leaves you needing something to do in the postseason! :oops: :lol:

If Brady and the boys win this one it will truly be something historic!  I'm pumped, hopefully they'll get it done.  Six Superbowl rings, wouldn't that be something to see! :thumb:

fsdaron

« Reply #277 on: 22 Jan 2018, 11:16 am »
GO PATS!

Emil

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #279 on: 22 Jan 2018, 01:27 pm »
Brady seems to mind his own business. I fail to see why so many are so petty in their suspicions about the game.
Do they not realize that Deflategate and Spygate type adventures do not arise to handicap teams or players in a situation where the team is being given preferential treatment?
In the most recent game, the crying is back. "Our team is so magnificent that the Patriots could only win if someone helped them or they otherwise cheated".
 In last year's Super Bowl, Atlanta got their ass handed to them even though they went in at halftime leading by 3 TDs. Do you remember anyone complaining then about cheating or collusion? If Brady had the personnel that Jax fielded for Bortles, Brady would never lose again. Same goes for Denver, Houston, Carolina, Miami., K.C., Baltimore and others. Debates rage about whether it is the coach or the QB that makes the magic happen, but somehow this team always manages to squeeze out the win. When Gronk goes out of the game and Edelman has not played all year, suddenly, out of nowhere, Danny Amendola becomes the game winning superstar. In the last SB it was James White who stole the show. The Pats always come through somehow. maybe you are just witnessing the luck of the Irish. Whatever the case, remember that the Pats played the first quarter of last season completely without Brady and still made it to the biggest game and scored the biggest comeback win in the 51 year history of the big game. Brady is mortal. Hell, he was backup to Brian Griese in college. He makes an occasional big goof but in the grand scheme he remains the greatest QB ever to start an NFL game.
As for refs, they make lots of mistakes. That's why replay exists. Freak plays occur pretty often. Cameras add intrigue and, I think, overall improve the fairness of the game. Replacing Triplette and Borger might help too. The breaks seem to be distributed in a random sort of fairness, as do the penalties. Sports fans in all sports have always howled and yammered about unfairness when they don't get the call. They complain it isn't fair yet, when their team gets handed a ridiculous miscarriage of justice ruling, they have nothing to say. "Fair" only matters when it benefits them.
Three of the penalties against the Jags were such obvious pass interference that no one thought to challenge them and Romo called all three "easy calls". Those three penalties probably accounted for more than half of their penalty yards.