Pass ACA mono kit amps

tipatina

Pass ACA mono kit amps
« on: 25 Aug 2017, 01:50 am »

https://diyaudiostore.com/collections/frontpage/products/amp-camp-amp-kit?variant=21206375620

Have been enjoying a pair of these that I built last year ($249)Driving a pair of Klipsch KG2's that I got off of Craigslist for $150 using a Meridian Direct Dac that I got off of eBay, using my computer as a source and volume control. This is a nice little system. One issue, the RCA females on the amps are a little shallow such that the RCA cables won't go all the way in although it still works fine. Anyone ever have this issue? Maybe I'll unsolder these and get some others...

WC

Re: Pass ACA mono kit amps
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2017, 02:30 am »
I built them also and like listening to them. I also have issues with the RCA's, but mine are loose.

They are now out of stock. When they come back in stock it will be with a new improved version, the ACA 2. It will be a stereo amp with a power supply and the ability to bridge the amp for 20W output.

e311

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2017, 03:27 pm »
ACA 2?  I was wondering what my next project would be.  I'll keep an eye out for the release.  Thanks!

slefley

« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2017, 07:45 pm »
Is there any word on when these kits might be available?

ohenry

« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2017, 11:22 pm »
Is there any word on when these kits might be available?

On 8/24 Jason at diyAudio stated:
We have a lot of ACA related surprises coming up but I can't say more at this stage. How close? Parts have been actually already been ordered. So... "a few months" is the current target.