AKG-Quincy Jones inspired Headphones at CES

OzarkTom

AKG-Quincy Jones inspired Headphones at CES
« on: 7 Jan 2015, 03:28 am »
New headphones introduced at CES show.

CES 2015, LAS VEGAS – HARMAN, the premium global audio, infotainment and enterprise automation group (NYSE:HAR), is proud to announce AKG N90Q, the world’s first headphone with personalized sound – designed by legendary Grammy winner Quincy Jones.

http://news.harman.com/Press-Releases/AKG-brings-the-world-s-first-headphone-with-personalized-sound-Inspired-by-Quincy-Jones-205.aspx

« Last Edit: 7 Jan 2015, 12:30 pm by OzarkTom »

milford3

Re: AKG-Quincy Jones inspired Headphones at CES
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan 2015, 07:08 pm »
Wow!  The headphone field is filling up fast.  It's hard to keep up.

dB Cooper

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jan 2015, 11:30 pm »
FUGLY

Yet another example of how the Dr. Dreadfuls are ruining the industry by turning headphones into a "fashion statement", where how you look in them is more important to lots of buyers than how they sound.

Here is a good example of that, the headphone display at a nearby RadioShack

Think I'll put on my HD650s for a while and listen.

wushuliu

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jan 2015, 12:30 am »
FUGLY

Yet another example of how the Dr. Dreadfuls are ruining the industry by turning headphones into a "fashion statement", where how you look in them is more important to lots of buyers than how they sound.

Here is a good example of that, the headphone display at a nearby RadioShack

Think I'll put on my HD650s for a while and listen.

Oh please, only a minority cares about headphone sound quality. Beats did not suddenly stop some 20 something Iphone hipster-beard from reaching for the Grados. In fact it's more likely the opposite, Beats headphones have brought big headphones back as a cool statement. All those Apple ads up til then didn't show audiophile cans, they showed frickin' earbuds. Everything was frickin' white earbuds until Beats.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #4 on: 8 Jan 2015, 03:21 am »
They look pretty neat to me. Harmon/JBL hooked me in to the sound when I got the Synchros (S700) for the holidays.
That AKG model has historically been one of the best sounding in the price range, an artist endorsement most of the time...(Tim McGraw, and others whose names allude me right now) and pricey!!!.

That being whatever it is, my S700 continue to impress daily and if they share tech info which I'm pretty sure they do then these Quincy models should sound great and sell fast....... :thumb: