Death Wish

stlrman

Death Wish
« on: 20 Mar 2018, 12:44 pm »
Critics panned it!! , better than 80% of audience liked it.
Nice to see Bruce Willis back.
My wife I and were entertained and enjoyed the movie.
8 out of 10 , for what it is.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Re: Death Wish
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2018, 06:01 am »
I will probably see it. I like Bruce!  A film like this is kind of 'review proof' for me- I don't expect The Unbearable Lightness of Being! :wink:  Just some dumb escapist fun.

ajzepp

« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2018, 06:08 am »
I can't wait to see this...screw the critics. I grew up on 70s and 80s vigilante films...it's in my blood.

Sign me up.  :thumb:

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2018, 08:39 am »
I remember that movie from my Charles Bronson days.

Douger

« Reply #4 on: 21 Mar 2018, 02:51 pm »
I will see it, I like Bruce Willis. I wish he had made RED 3 instead, and I'm not sure he can compare favorably to
Charles Bronson...
Should be good though :D

Folsom

« Reply #5 on: 21 Mar 2018, 04:12 pm »
It pretty much gave you exactly what you wanted. Reviewers are acting like it is suppose to be high art... its not, so dont rank it that way.

mcgsxr

« Reply #6 on: 21 Mar 2018, 05:55 pm »
I will see it at some point.

Mentally I am trying to rationalize the typical Willis smirk to the dour, determined face of Bronson!

simoon

« Reply #7 on: 21 Mar 2018, 08:10 pm »
I was one of the 'lucky' ones that saw this (at a preview showing) before it was released.

I loved the Bronson version, hated this one.

It pretty much gave you exactly what you wanted. Reviewers are acting like it is suppose to be high art... its not, so dont rank it that way.

The majority of reviewers I read, were not acting like it was fine art. Most were reviewing it for what is is, and disliking it based on that.

I saw it before any reviews were available, and my opinion paralleled the reviews I read later.

Folsom

« Reply #8 on: 21 Mar 2018, 09:53 pm »
I know they say they are not reviewing it like fine art, but you cannot find any action film they rate highly. It is just a way to try and get people not to attack them. It is like saying, "I have always been a fan of you but this time I found what you say dispicable." Which is a way of trying to convince someone they are above their recent actions, to align with your ethos - quiet possibly despite the person having been the exact same all along.