Servey on waitng for Nicholas??

Pale Rider

Re: Servey on waitng for Nicholas??
« Reply #120 on: 4 Jul 2009, 12:08 pm »
Burn-in or just another excuse to buy more time? :nono:
Tyk: You may be right. Although I very much look forward to my new toys, I try to be patient. I ordered a custom balanced DAC from Nicholas in January. Although Nicholas would sometimes answer PMs and emails, just as often he would not. And I made an additional spec change on it in April, so I know that helped delay it a bit. After one lengthy delay, I finally ordered a Cullen Circuits modified PS Audio DL-III. It arrived 2 days later on June 24. On June 25, Nicholas wrote me to say that DHL would be picking up the DAC on June 26. I asked for a DHL tracking number but have not heard back. Maybe if I am lucky, I will have two very fine DACs to compare.

tyk

« Reply #121 on: 5 Jul 2009, 05:25 am »
Pale Rider,
  I felt sorry for what you've experienced so far and the lenghty wait...

Placing an order from Promitheus Audio will always be easy but when it comes to delivering and receiving the item is another different story altogether...

Excuses ranges from the initial....
- material sourcing issue to manufacturing problem; to
- Oh! Your unit is ready but after test it was found to be not some good so your unit needs to re-
   do; to,
- Your unit is burn-in, so you need to wait a bit longer;to finally
- Your item is shipped but a check with the courier service provider and found there is no such
   item sent....

I'm very impressed by the reasons given so far but all the above are just lame excuses to elude and bluff customers!

I buy alot on-line and never have I encountered such a business model what Promitheus Audio is practicing....Take customer's cash and deliver product at Promitheus Audio own pleasure. This is utterly nonsense!!!

Alot of good people here like you have been very patient and Nicholas should be very fortunate to have customer like you...However, for me, I will never buy from such dishonest and un-credible source!

Pale Rider

« Reply #122 on: 5 Jul 2009, 03:14 pm »
TyK: Thanks for the supportive message. Like you, I buy a lot online, and while I am spoiled by Amazon.com, I don't expect every vendor to ship stuff to me in two days. Still, Nicholas promised my DAC in "3 weeks." It's now been more than 5 months. And every excuse you listed has been used. I will not be surprised when something goes wrong with the courier. I hope that eventually I get to hear my DAC, because I have high hopes for it. For now, my modified PS Audio DL-III is very nice to listen to.

i.poet

« Reply #123 on: 6 Jul 2009, 04:01 am »
Hi Nicholas,

Any idea on when the Signature 300B SETs will ship?  I'd also love to hear your listening impressions of them.  Thanks,

S.

Pale Rider

« Reply #124 on: 7 Jul 2009, 01:01 pm »
I received a DHL tracking number from Nicholas; he indicated that he had had some problems with shipping. But the news i s good. The DHL website confirms the tracking number, that the unit was picked up July 7, and that it is on its way to me. Will report back on its arrival.

tyk

« Reply #125 on: 8 Jul 2009, 07:47 am »

This is good news....!

However, I do noticed Nicholas will only ship order out when customer start putting up a complaint in this forum....Is there any point to all this? :deadhorse: :cuss: :deadhorse:

Pale Rider

« Reply #126 on: 10 Jul 2009, 11:54 pm »
I have in fact today received my custom DAC from Promitheus Audio. Wortht he wait? I don't know yet. I am going to let it warm up during the weekend. Nicholas says that it has been burned in, and we'll see.

It is in fact quite lovely to look at. The combination of Merbau wood and copper plates is very attractive, and gives it a nice vintage look. It will be interesting to see how it compares to my Cullen-modded PS Audio DL-III.

haroldgiang

« Reply #127 on: 5 Aug 2009, 04:24 pm »
Hi all,
I also placed an order of DAC ( plus all options ) and XLR interconnected.
The order place on mid-May 2009. Twice Mr Nicholas told me the order ready to ship ( July 1st , then July 21th ) but I still yet receive my order   :(   .
Now I wonder when will my order will arrive.

Harold

ottodiesel

« Reply #128 on: 25 Dec 2009, 08:57 pm »
Have har only bad experiences from the man:

4. april 2009 13.42
"I have ordered, and paid for a TVC with  remote control and a silver XLR cable from Promitheus.
Last payment was made in the middle of march 2008, first payment in autumn 2007.
Total payment of 865$.
NO signs of any products and no reply from Promitheus/Nicholas when trying to get a clarification via mail.
Last reply from you/your company was around christmas, no news after this.
If you continue to ignore my requests, I will step up my actions towards paypal and other relevant fora.
I would be happy to get this case over with, by you shipping the products I have paid for or that you make a full refund of the sum I have paid to you."

14. april 2009 16.34
"Hi Lars
We will be shipping out your unit on 22 apr 09.
Regards Nicholas"

25. september 2009 16.24
"Nicholas
Any news about the shipment that was suppose to be sent on 22 april 2009?
Lars"

Since then, no reply... 
I would recommend all potential customers to be aware.
If you read this, Nicholas, maybe now would be the time to do something about the situation?

trebejo

« Reply #129 on: 27 Dec 2009, 04:38 am »
Does paypal offer any protection in case that a product is never shipped?