$500 Price Drop: Teres Audio 260 turntable (no tonearm or cartridge) (SOLD)

Sarchi

I'm offering my Teres 260 turntable for sale. The plinth and armboard are Cocobolo, with feet by Stillpoints. The motor is the Teres Signature II. Power supply is the Teres Deluxe 12V battery supply. The clamp is the Teres Perba-rosa. The tonearm is now sold, and no cartridge is included. The only thing to note is that the platter is the basic acrylic version (16 lbs) and was considered a b-stock due to some very slight blemishes. The platter is still frosted, and could be wet-sanded to a clear finish if you want a different look. This is my second Teres, it's a super high-end 'table that is a pleasure to use and competes sonically with the higher-end VPI's, Basis, Avid, etc.  If you know the design history behind it, the Teres is sort of a convergence of great analog design ideas from Thomas Scheu, JC Verdier, Micro-Seiki and VPI. It's built around a massive, highly polished bearing, oversized platter, and a unique optical motor controller design by Manfred Huber. This model uses tape drive and is from 2005-06.

Stereomojo reviewed the Teres 255/265 which were replaced by the 260. Review link.

The MSRP was $3400 with this motor, but with the standard "wall-wart" power supply. The deluxe battery supply included here brought the price to $4250. Subtracting $300 for the b-platter, so $3950. I'm prepared to accept $1300.

I have all the original boxes and packaging for the Teres.
Price Edit: Best reasonable offer over $1300 for the turntable. Shipping the Teres from Toronto (by post) is going to run about $160 to NY, $175 to Chicago, $215 to SoCal.

PM me if you're interested or want to know more.

PHOTOS ADDED BELOW.
« Last Edit: 9 Apr 2015, 01:04 am by Sarchi »

sunnydaze

Hi....would you consider selling the Jelco arm separately?

sunnydaze

OK, keep me posted if someone wants the table only.

Thanks....John

alfagil

I have a spare Moerch.  Would it be possible to might it on the old arm board or would I have to get a new one?

sunnydaze

A beautiful armboard is not difficult to cut by anyone with a machine shop and the right tools.   And it can be done cheaply.   Acrylic,  aluminum,  various woods etc are all possibilities.

I'm almost 100%  sure your Moerch will drop nicely into the existing cutout.   My Scheu Premier mk2 came with a Moerch arm,  and it has the same exact cutout.   That is,  a long oval slot that is one inch wide.   Even on a fixed armboard it's a good approach as various length arms can be accurately mounted by sliding into correct position in the slot.....as long as the arm uses the threaded pillar w / nut underneath mounting system ala Rega,  Moerch,  etc.

Be sure to check thickness of the Teres board and make sure it's appropriate for length of Moerch pillar.

Sarchi

Here are some better photos, including an overhead shot of the armboard. As you can see the SME cutout provides plenty of options for non-SME arms, provided your arm has a 1-inch round base piece (most do). Notice also a small chip on the edge of the platter in the 4th pic, and the other imperfections in pics 5 & 6 (the thin lamination rings in the middle where it should be clear. Does not affect performance in any way, but these platters were discounted by $300, as I recall). AC is limiting my files sizes, if you PM me your email address I can send you the full size pics.

A note on shipping. The turntable packs into three boxes (all original packaging). Shipping from Toronto (by post) is going to run about $160 to NY, $175 to Chicago, $215 to SoCal.

Some may be wondering why I'm selling this beauty- you rarely see them offered. I've been unemployed for a while now and I'm having to downsize my system. Actually I've downsized most of my gear to the point where the Teres just "doesn't belong" anymore. Sad to see her go, but that's life sometimes.

Again, the tonearm is sold and the cartridge is NOT included.

« Last Edit: 3 Apr 2015, 11:15 pm by Sarchi »

Sarchi

Voila, the magic of the articulated armboard with SME-type armhole:
Less than 1/4 turn of the armboard gives you another 70mm pivot to spindle distance.  :thumb:

sunnydaze

Yep, good approach!   

Table looks great, if I hadn't recently gotten a Scheu / Eurolab I'd seriously consider this.

Hey alfagil, now that I see the pics it's clear your Moerch will drop in very nicely.

You buy the table, I'll buy the arm.  Done!     :thumb:     :wink:

alfagil

Noam & John,

I was thinking of getting the Teres alone but have since changed my mind.  Have too many already.  thanks,

Gil

Sarchi

So, for the Teres 260...I'm prepared to accept best offer over $1300, paypal is ok..shipping is at the buyer's expense though.

This is a good opportunity to own a really high-end 'table with a state of the art bearing, drive system and power supply, for a pretty good price!

Sarchi

Sale pending.

sunnydaze

Sale pending.

Not surprised.......that's a very nice price!     :thumb:

Sarchi

Thanks John. I'm sad to see it go.
Another Teres came up on Audiogon, it's a really nice one. It'll probably end up over $1500, I'd guess. I ended up with less than 1200, but at least I don't have to ship it.

edit: SOLD
« Last Edit: 9 Apr 2015, 01:04 am by Sarchi »