Audiogon

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Audiogon
« on: 1 Jul 2015, 02:35 pm »
Since Selah Audio has been flying somewhat under the radar I recently launched a few ads on Audiogon. Where do you prefer to sell your equipment?

Phil A

Re: Audiogon
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jul 2015, 02:40 pm »
Audiogon for a seller has gotten more expensive.  I've sold stuff here and also on US Audio Mart.  I don't sell as much as I used to (I tend to rotate stuff to secondary systems) and if it needs to go to Audiogon I use it.  I look at it all the time though for used stuff to consider.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 1 Jul 2015, 02:57 pm »
I prefer to offer it first here on AC. If it doesn't move, I'll go to Agon or US Audiomart. I just sold my Proac Response D2 monitors on Agon (one week ago) for $125 more than my asking price here.  :D

I've got one more piece to sell before I choose my next speaker....quite likely from you, Rick. :thumb:

Early B.

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jul 2015, 02:59 pm »
Likewise.

When selling gear, I typically start on "no-fee" sites such as this forum and USAudioMart, then proceed to audiogon after a few days. Ebay is a last resort, especially if the final sale price isn't important, because their fees are criminal.

Mike B.

« Reply #4 on: 1 Jul 2015, 03:39 pm »
I use the free sites like AC, Audio Asylum, and US Audio Mart. It is ironic that most of my sales and purchases are still at Audiogon. Good luck with your ads.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #5 on: 1 Jul 2015, 03:46 pm »
AC first, then US AudioMart, then the Gon and then  EBay. Bought a very nice pair of Tempestas from the Gon two years ago.

Don_S

« Reply #6 on: 1 Jul 2015, 04:06 pm »
I do not sell much equipment.  I list it here and on U.S. Audiomart but it rarely sells.   :(

I do not like some of the restrictions on Audiogon.  I can't list a matching pair of power cords and offer to sell one or both.  Audiogon forces me to sell as a pair or post two ads with one PC each.  Many users need a pair for monoblocks, active speakers, or electrostatic speakers. Others want a pair for two components.  Some only need one power cord. I am happy to sell a single but Audiogon makes it difficult or more expensive. I need flexibility.

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 1 Jul 2015, 04:10 pm »
I do not sell much equipment.  I list it here and on U.S. Audiomart but it rarely sells.   :(

I do not like some of the restrictions on Audiogon.  I can't list a matching pair of power cords and offer to sell one or both.  Audiogon forces me to sell as a pair or post two ads with one PC each.  Many users need a pair for monoblocks, active speakers, or electrostatic speakers. Others want a pair for two components.  Some only need one power cord. I am happy to sell a single but Audiogon makes it difficult or more expensive. I need flexibility.

That's true - sold my Squeezebox Touch and upgraded power supply.  Listed them here and on US Audio Mart and one piece sold here and one on US Audiomart.

xsilverjag

« Reply #8 on: 6 Jul 2015, 11:20 am »
Although I list here, I have never sold anything on this site. Usually items sell on ebay or AVSforums

maxboy00

« Reply #9 on: 6 Jul 2015, 11:57 am »
Likewise, have listed on this site with no success, over on A-Gon, have bought and sold with greater ease, but agree with the comments about
 A-Gon's soaring fees!

jlawson1977

« Reply #10 on: 6 Jul 2015, 02:13 pm »
I've listed a few items here (and purchased a few), but haven't sold them.  Quite possibly due to the fact I'm more of a lurker than a poster, so the limited activity may be the reason.  I prefer the more 1-on-1 nature of AC, but A'gon has a very large audience.  Not fond of the fee structure at A'gon in the last couple years, but items usually sell quickly.  Lot's of tire kickers on the 'Gon though...

RDavidson

« Reply #11 on: 6 Jul 2015, 03:06 pm »
AC first, then US AudioMart, then the Gon and then  EBay. Bought a very nice pair of Tempestas from the Gon two years ago.

+1 and I've noticed that US Audiomart has picked up quite a bit of steam since Agon went on a "fee"ding frenzy. Agon is still the place to go if you need to sell somewhat quickly and/or if you're a retailer and want exposure.

jdoris

« Reply #12 on: 6 Jul 2015, 03:33 pm »
I always start by listing items here, and have had decent luck, but with somewhat higher ticket items, I often end up at Audiogon; my general sense is that folks are a bit spendier over there.

I agree  that Audiogon is good exposure for retailers/manufacturers.

I also think that Rick's excellent speakers are not as well known as they ought be on Audiogon, and it is a wise move for Selah to develop more presence there.

John

apdoc2004

« Reply #13 on: 2 Aug 2015, 07:04 am »
In spite of the expense, audiogon still remains the site where there is higher probability of selling your stuff (I think you get more eyeballs for your stuff)