2015 Capital Audio Fest...

dB Cooper

Re: 2015 Capital Audio Fest...
« Reply #20 on: 1 Mar 2015, 12:35 pm »
All good to know, and thanks for putting that info out. Like I say, people need to know that satisfying music reproduction is possible without spending huge dollars.

Hope Command aV brings some of that again this year. Looking forward to visiting them.

wellpleased

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: 1 Mar 2015, 01:49 pm »
The Vanatoo gear gave a very good account of itself. Another moderately priced standout was 'The Clue' mini monitor. Salk always 'punches above its weight', as does the AVA gear they usually have driving it. And there is the previously mentioned Odyssey. 'High end' ( a term I loathe) doesn't have to mean 'deep end', and this point needs to get out to the public. Most everybody enjoys good sounding music, but when many of the systems on display rival the cost of a nice home in some parts of the country, something is amiss.

That was the goal of the clue/clones room at last year's show and what Well Pleased AV strives for!

dB Cooper

« Reply #22 on: 2 Mar 2015, 08:06 am »
Hope I didn't erroneously attribute. Whoever brings moderately priced equipment- and impresses with it- is my hero.

atopa2002

« Reply #23 on: 8 Mar 2015, 02:49 am »
WOW have to be there this year, ear candy  :green: :green: :green:

Jabs1542

« Reply #24 on: 28 May 2015, 12:34 am »
I ended up purchasing Oddesey amplifiers and Vanatoo speakers this past year as a result of CAF. Wonder what we'll see this year.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #25 on: 21 Jun 2015, 03:38 am »
Got my room reserved for Saturday night, woo hoo!  So who else is going?  Any thoughts for dinner Saturday night?

Is anyone else concerned about the show's ownership changing?  Maybe it's nothing, but the exhibitors list counts fourteen as of this date.  The Chester Group hasn't had much success with the New York show, just sayin.

Phil A

« Reply #26 on: 21 Jun 2015, 03:47 am »
I'll be there - be getting there very late Thursday and staying the full time.

Phil A

« Reply #27 on: 21 Jun 2015, 03:50 am »

Is anyone else concerned about the show's ownership changing?  Maybe it's nothing, but the exhibitors list counts fourteen as of this date.  The Chester Group hasn't had much success with the New York show, just sayin.

Didn't realize that took place.  Thought it was a bit odd they moved it to the end of August.  I was going to go to RMAF but decided since the dates aren't that far apart to drive to the Capital Audiofest.  If it turns out not too great, probably won't be back.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #28 on: 21 Jun 2015, 03:54 am »
Got my room reserved for Saturday night, woo hoo!  So who else is going?  Any thoughts for dinner Saturday night?

I don't even know what is near the hotel.

I just want a simple steak. I don't need a giant slab of meat.

Phil A

« Reply #30 on: 21 Jun 2015, 03:59 am »
Here's some steakhouses - http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Steakhouses&find_loc=20852&ns=1

Chef Geoff's is down Rockville Pike from the Hotel

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #31 on: 21 Jun 2015, 01:06 pm »
When I talked to Gary at Axpona, he is back in charge of the show and CG is no longer involved. 

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #32 on: 21 Jun 2015, 01:25 pm »
When I talked to Gary at Axpona, he is back in charge of the show and CG is no longer involved.

That's very interesting.  I wonder what the chain of events were that caused all of this.  Hopefully he'll bring it all together like he does every year.

Phil A

« Reply #33 on: 21 Jun 2015, 01:31 pm »
That's very interesting.  I wonder what the chain of events were that caused all of this.  Hopefully he'll bring it all together like he does every year.

This is the press release that was issued by CG.  It indicates they are working with Gary only not running it - http://www.chestergroup.org/news/2015/02/25/capital-audiofest-teams-up-with-chester-group

Phil A

« Reply #34 on: 21 Jun 2015, 01:33 pm »
If you look at their (CG) calendar, it doesn't even show the CAF - http://www.chestergroup.org/speak-up

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #35 on: 21 Jun 2015, 01:54 pm »
This is the press release that was issued by CG.  It indicates they are working with Gary only not running it - http://www.chestergroup.org/news/2015/02/25/capital-audiofest-teams-up-with-chester-group

The press release listed Gary as the "figurehead" and previous posts indicated Gary was acting as a "paid consultant" for this year only.  I interpreted this to mean Gary was bowing out gracefully, apparently this has changed, at least for this year.  I had also noticed that Capfest wasn't on the Chester Group schedule and thought that was strange, but I had checked back in February or March when the release came out, so assumed it was just web site omissions waiting to catch up.  Regardless, I'm hoping it all works out and we get another great show.  Does anyone know if we're getting another Can Jam this year?  Was a huge hit last year, packed every time I went in.

Phil A

« Reply #36 on: 21 Jun 2015, 02:07 pm »
This was posted on Facebook April 16 - "The Capital Audiofest and the Chester Group have come to an impasse and the CAF will continue to be owned and fully managed by Gary Gill. We will be providing you with many new updates so hold on to your seats!"

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #37 on: 24 Jun 2015, 04:32 pm »
Rockville Hilton at Twinbrook
1750 Rockville pike

I am working with Gary on bringing the web site upto date
Www.capitalaudiofest.com

We will be looking for a few volunteers this year
Announcements about this will come later

Do we have a list of the headphone vendors?

Phil A

« Reply #38 on: 24 Jun 2015, 05:17 pm »
So far this is on the website:

http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/p577.html

I'm sure dealers like Command have nice headphones.  Perhaps just ask them to bring them.

pelliott321

« Reply #39 on: 9 Jul 2015, 03:08 pm »
I have been updating the CAF2015 website as vendors are signing up please visit
http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/
for the latest news and vendor list