Bryston BDP2

Lyne

Bryston BDP2
« on: 24 Oct 2020, 03:17 pm »
Hi, New to this forum.   My husband and I purchased a used Bryston BDP2.  We connected it to the home stereo.  The Dac is Theta Generation 8.  All the connections are right.  But the BDP2 starts and shows an "A" on the bottom left corner, where it is supposed to be a "U" as the manual mentioned.  Any ideas as to why there is this letter?  We put in a stick with playlist, it detects it, we see it on the display, but it will not play any sound.   I have read the manual, online, nothing mentioning the "A" or why it would not play.
Thanks

vonnie123

Re: Bryston BDP2
« Reply #1 on: 4 Nov 2020, 09:24 pm »
Normally, you would get N, U, or nothing underneath the BDP-2

After the BDP-2 initializes, What is the software version?  Depending on build date, you could have one with the Juli sound card, or the IAD setup (or one that has been upgraded).  I would suggest you contact Bryston and request to speak to Mike Pickett or Chris Rice.  Either might be able to offer some insight.  The below link is instructions on how to refresh the CF card.  If you not comfortable with such operations, a CF card can be obtained from Bryston.  The CF card contains the unit firmware.  You might also open the device and ensure the CF card is properly seated.  Top screws are Torx T10 (T9 works too if they're not tight).

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/BDP%20Manual%20Manic%20Moose%20Install.pdf