Available for expedited delivery

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Re: Available for expedited delivery
« Reply #40 on: 21 Nov 2015, 06:02 am »
Ryan,

It seems to me you need a bit more Asian exposure. I could probably sell them on consignment for you. How much is shipping to Taiwan?

Just a guess, they'd be around $3000 to ship to SE Asia.

dex67

« Reply #41 on: 22 Nov 2015, 04:18 am »
Looking forward to your visit! Btw, I am running the Nimbus with the new Technics int amp...45W/channel and they sound big!!! :)

GentleBender

« Reply #42 on: 27 Nov 2015, 07:09 pm »
Having these Auroras for the past 8 months has been quite a ride. Now that I have upgraded cables and ICs plus turntable, I am even more impressed. Listening to Bill Gould's bass guitar on "The Morning After" on The Real Thing album blows me away!

Gopher

« Reply #43 on: 27 Nov 2015, 07:26 pm »
I'm with you bender!  Adding a Golden Gate dac to my uber Aurora rig along with 165wpc has made these things explode.  Vapor speakers easily scale up with the quality of components mated tob them.

Rocket

« Reply #44 on: 28 Nov 2015, 11:34 am »
Hi,

If using DB Schenker probably about $800USD.  I've had large speakers shipped to Australia about 24 months ago.

Cheers Rod

Dragon_vibe

• Restricted
« Reply #45 on: 15 Dec 2015, 08:18 am »
Its $1000.00 dollars approx. by Air using : geodiswilson.com

Air is approx 3-4 days from USA to Most Asian Airports.

2-3 weeks if by Sea.

Had larger speakers and subwoofers shipped to Asia within days under 1000 dollars all in, including pickup/transfer to airport.

pickup from Vapor audio may cost about 150.00 to 250.00 dollars Depending on the service used to the local airport.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #46 on: 15 Dec 2015, 02:43 pm »
Its $1000.00 dollars approx. by Air using : geodiswilson.com

Air is approx 3-4 days from USA to Most Asian Airports.

2-3 weeks if by Sea.

Had larger speakers and subwoofers shipped to Asia within days under 1000 dollars all in, including pickup/transfer to airport.

pickup from Vapor audio may cost about 150.00 to 250.00 dollars Depending on the service used to the local airport.

So did you end up getting the Perfect Storm after all?

Dragon_vibe

• Restricted
« Reply #47 on: 15 Dec 2015, 02:51 pm »
If I took delivery, am sure he would not be offering the SAME speakers for sale on this thread.

The prices given above, is based on speaker I purchased from other vendors . Which have delivered on time.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #48 on: 15 Dec 2015, 02:55 pm »
If I took delivery, am sure he would not be offering the SAME speakers for sale on this thread.

Well, that was about a month ago he made the post. You don't have to be an ASS about it...

Dragon_vibe

• Restricted
« Reply #49 on: 15 Dec 2015, 02:58 pm »
Not being an ASS ever so sorry

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #50 on: 15 Dec 2015, 03:30 pm »
I suspect a few of these posts were in response to my making a casual post asking about shipping cost to Taiwan. I asked out of curiosity and because I'm betting they'd sell here based on what I know about the market here. Of course, Vapor would need to find a dealer (I'm not a dealer) to make it work. I hope my asking hasn't created confusion.

Cheers!

Dragon_vibe

• Restricted
« Reply #51 on: 15 Dec 2015, 03:41 pm »
I suspect a few of these posts were in response to my making a casual post asking about shipping cost to Taiwan. I asked out of curiosity and because I'm betting they'd sell here based on what I know about the market here. Of course, Vapor would need to find a dealer (I'm not a dealer) to make it work. I hope my asking hasn't created confusion.

Cheers!

No its perfectly fine, I was advising on shipping charges on large speakers normally run about $1000.00 or so depending on which airport they send from.  Im sure vapor audio could nominate you as there Taiwan dealer if you asked.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #52 on: 15 Dec 2015, 03:57 pm »
I have fantasized about being a dealer/importer/sales rep for a number of AC companies, but I would need to be a full time resident here again rather than the (current) half-time resident that I am, and I'd have to jump some hoops with whichever bureau handles audio dealerships. I'm not up for that quite yet.

Speaking of ASSes, I've got a photograph I snapped of a business in Hsinchu City, Taiwan. It is soooo funny. Lemme see if I can get it to post...[I'm not suggesting any posters are asses. My mind jumped to this shot upon seeing the word in capital letters.]  :rotflmao:

I love traveling overseas.
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2015, 09:20 pm by mresseguie »

Dragon_vibe

• Restricted
« Reply #53 on: 15 Dec 2015, 04:19 pm »
I have fantasized about being a dealer/importer/sales rep for a number of AC companies, but I would need to be a full time resident here again rather than the (current) half-time resident that I am, and I'd have to jump some hoops with whichever bureau handles audio dealerships. I'm not up for that quite yet.

Speaking of ASSes, I've got a photograph I snapped of a business in Hsinchu City, Taiwan. It is soooo funny. Lemme see if I can get it to post...

I love traveling overseas.

Or you may want to do this with a Friend in Taiwan which can ease the process further. Having a local full time partner brings more to the table then doing it yourself.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #54 on: 26 Jan 2016, 07:59 pm »
Inexplicably, we still have a pair of Nimbus Black in 80% completion state, looking for a new home.  These are completed cabinets, ready to be painted in a color of your choice.  You can also choose any upgrades you'd like as part of the build since they're not yet complete.  These are speakers everybody wants but afraid of the long wait, here you get a pair with only a 8-10 week wait.  I'll even offer some substantial discounts! 

Seriously, what are you going to buy in that price range that will come close?

roscoeiii

« Reply #55 on: 26 Jan 2016, 08:09 pm »
Wonder how much I could get for a kidney...

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #56 on: 26 Jan 2016, 08:47 pm »
Wonder how much I could get for a kidney...

This looks like it could be in your area roscoe...

http://midwestspermbank.com/st/

A couple visits a week for a few months should get you there, and you get to keep your kidney... :wink:

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #57 on: 27 Jan 2016, 02:13 am »
This looks like it could be in your area roscoe...

http://midwestspermbank.com/st/

A couple visits a week for a few months should get you there, and you get to keep your kidney... :wink:

$350 a shot!  My speaker building days might be over boys ...

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #58 on: 27 Jan 2016, 02:16 am »
$350 a shot!  My speaker building days might be over boys ...

:rotflmao:

dex67

« Reply #59 on: 27 Jan 2016, 02:39 pm »
damn, what if i get a second pair of Nimbus??? i think my wife will do something about it...i might not be able to visit that bank after that...