If you like Peter Gabriel, check this out......

drphoto

If you like Peter Gabriel, check this out......
« on: 16 Sep 2016, 10:54 pm »
An amazing version of "here comes the flood" (one of my favorite PG tunes, btw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnui9lzrLDg Music starts at about 1:45.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
Re: If you like Peter Gabriel, check this out......
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2016, 11:06 pm »
Nice and even an ice age.

rodge827

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2016, 11:20 pm »
Thanks drphoto for thinking of us PG fans.

drphoto

« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2016, 11:30 pm »
Unfortunately, my one favorite performer I've never seen live.  I've seen Genesis several times, but first was the "and then their were 3 tour". So sadly after PG left.

(however, Phil is pretty great as a frontman, and hella drummer. I know some people rag on him for some of the sappy solo stuff he did, but dude is a real talent. I met Chester Thompson once, the drummer who plays on Genesis tours and he told me Phil was one of the most naturally gifted drummers ever)

I think PG is a real artist. He always stayed true to his vision.  I think that his best work came after the big hits of the 80's, which were great. Some of the best videos ever done, IMHO. But songs like 'digging in the dirt" and "blue sky"? Just incredible.

And the work w/ Genesis was stuff of legend.  :D

BTW: I bought PG's first album, which had "here comes the flood" the day it was released.

rodge827

« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2016, 02:37 am »
I got into Genesis when "And Then There Were Three" came out. My older brother put this new album on his Sound Design all in one (8-Track, turntable, and tuner) and at 13 I was hooked. As I got older I looked into the bands history and realized PG was an original member. First listened to PG on prob rock station WMMR in Philadelphia (Solsbury Hill, I Don't Remenber) and had the same reaction as the first Genesis album I listened to.

Saw Genesis a number of times in the early 80's and PG 3 times with the last show at the Tower Theater in Upper Darby, PA. The show closed out the Us Tour in July of '94. Very uplifting experience in a small intimate venue.

We have a Stream Smart box and I found a Genesis with PG concert that had been digitally remastered to HD video and sound. They opened with "Watcher Of The Sky" and played cuts from "Nursery Crime" and "Selling England By The Pound" (my all time fave). PG had all of the costumes and make up for all of the different tunes with lengthy explanation of each song...very cool.

I agree with you about Phil Collins as a drummer. I herd an interview with Chester Thompson where he was asked If Phil was good drummer. He responded by saying he had to do everything he could to keep up! Phil is left handed and in some ways that was an advantage for him.

Chris

luckyguy

« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2016, 04:30 am »
Oceans have risen and fallen for the past million years with many ice ages and to attribute that to an insignificant species like Man is ludicrous.  This is being promoted by the elitists in order to tax the shit out of advanced societies and shift enormous wealth.  A music forum is the last place I thought I'd find total crap like this.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2016, 05:05 am »
Unfortunately, my one favorite performer I've never seen live.

BTW: I bought PG's first album, which had "here comes the flood" the day it was released.

I saw PG live in Edmonton at Bowie's Serious Moonlight tour in 83. It was a great show.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2016, 03:41 pm »
Haven't watched the linked video yet, but I will.

Saw PG at the Hollywood Bowl during the Anniversary SO tour. Nosebleed seats. Crappy parking issues. Sound was mediocre back where I was. Still enjoyed the heck out of it.

John Cusack came out on stage in a rain jacket holding a boom box over his head when they started In Your Eyes.

Good time regardless of how bad my seats were.

Larkston Zinaspic

« Reply #8 on: 17 Sep 2016, 04:15 pm »
This is an older Peter Gabriel here, but this turned out to be my favorite performance of "Here Comes the Flood". Mature, stark, intimate...and about more than an ice age when he sings it alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlRLvaXVyk8

TomS

« Reply #9 on: 17 Sep 2016, 04:50 pm »
This is an older Peter Gabriel here, but this turned out to be my favorite performance of "Here Comes the Flood". Mature, stark, intimate...and about more than an ice age when he sings it alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlRLvaXVyk8
Awesome version I hadn't seen. Thanks so much for the link  :thumb:

I've seen PG several occasions, with Genesis and without. He's always highly entertaining and fresh each time.