Psvane WE845

guest86232

Psvane WE845
« on: 21 Sep 2014, 04:42 am »
I wanted to ask if anyone has personal experience with the new issue PSvane WE845 tubes?  Since I need 4 of them it would be an investment.  I have read great reviews on other forums, just hoping for a bit more feedback before making the wallet $1500 lighter. 

Soothsayerman

• - David
Re: Psvane WE845
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2014, 02:45 am »
I have been looking at Psvane for some pre-amp tubes and after looking around a lot, i keep coming across reliability issues which put me off... for now.  I am a relative newcomer to the tube scene but have found Kevin's advice at Upscale Audio really helpful. You might give him a jingle. I still haven't made my purchase.

-David

mick wolfe

« Reply #2 on: 1 Oct 2014, 06:39 pm »
I wanted to ask if anyone has personal experience with the new issue PSvane WE845 tubes?  Since I need 4 of them it would be an investment.  I have read great reviews on other forums, just hoping for a bit more feedback before making the wallet $1500 lighter.

I'm currently using the Psvane 845T's . They replaced a pair of standard Psvane 845's which were still going strong after 2 years. Curiosity was the main reason for replacing the originals. Four "T's" would run a shade under $900 shipped from Grant Fidelity.....last I looked. I considered the "WE" version, but decided to keep that extra $250-300 in my pocket. Needing 4, your decision is tougher yet.

tdinut

• Joe aka Joeinid on other forums.
    • Audioshark Forum
« Reply #3 on: 2 Oct 2014, 01:42 am »
I am just getting into SET now and I can't believe how wonderful it sounds. Can anyone give me an idea how long 845 tubes should last? I run my system approximately 12+ hours a day and wonder how quickly I'd need to replace tubes.

My first real taste of SET is with a Line Magnetic LM-219IA and I am blown away.

mick wolfe

« Reply #4 on: 2 Oct 2014, 04:54 pm »
I'm thinking your best answer may come from Jonathan at Tone imports. I've never replaced the tubes in my LM 218IA because of failure, just curiosity. That said, it's never seen anything near the 12 hr. duty cycle you mention in the 2 years I've had it.   Re-tubing a 219IA is an expensive proposition with 300B's and 310's in the mix.