New Record Day LIO Review!

Vinnie R.

New Record Day LIO Review!
« on: 19 Sep 2016, 12:30 am »
All,

Ron @ New Record Day just posted Part 1 of a 2-part video review of LIO (along with the Harbeth P3ESR mini monitors):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llEq56KSys0

There is also a supplemental "LIO Tech" video, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZf-2Z0XLug

This is my first video review, and many thanks to Ron for all his time and effort, and I am looking forward to his continued coverage / review conclusion in Part 2!  I'll be sure to post the link here when it comes out.  8)

For those of you who are not familiar with New Record Day, here is a link to their homepage: www.newrecordday.com

Vinnie

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
Re: New Record Day LIO Review!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2016, 03:22 am »
Great reviews, certainly was looking forward to them and Ron delivered.  Thanks!

Vinnie R.

« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2016, 06:43 pm »
Great reviews, certainly was looking forward to them and Ron delivered.  Thanks!

Thanks!

Ron mentioned that for PART 2 of the LIO review, he'll be swapping the RVC + Tubestage for the AVC/Tubestage module, and
also will be using the Ryan R630 Floorstanders.  Should be fun!

Vinnie

mirekti

« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2016, 09:32 pm »
Vinnie or someone else, could you put few words on the combination LIO + Harbeth, please?

What I am aiming at is, many happy users here use LIO with Spatial M3s and they are in the same price range as p3esr.
If I understood well the extreme near field listening brings a deep soundstage to p3esr which is something M3s do by being moved from the front wall 3ft or more and the fact they are open baffle, however, only up to 800Hz.
I'll try to make it simple. Would you still love Harbeth + LIO combination if you were not able to listen to them extreme near field?

The combination of p3esr and GR OB subwoofer looks nice, but it wouldn't get an approval with my wife they require extra amps close to them. Maybe only if there is something like xtender which was produced by Harbeth in the past, but an open baffle version.

Oh, one other thing. How wide is the sweet spot when listening extreme near field, does one need to glue his head to certain spot?

Vinnie R.

« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2016, 11:33 pm »
Hi mirekti,

Ron at New Record Day has reviewed both the Spatials M3 and the Harbeth P3ESR, so
you might want to look him up on this. 

They are very different speakers and do different things very well, and are best suited for different
applications (room size, positioning) and certain different SPL levels  :wink:

Feel free to email me for more info about this (I rather not go into this in this thread).

Cheers,

Vinnie

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
« Reply #5 on: 20 Sep 2016, 03:47 am »
Vinnie or someone else, could you put few words on the combination LIO + Harbeth, please?

What I am aiming at is, many happy users here use LIO with Spatial M3s and they are in the same price range as p3esr.
If I understood well the extreme near field listening brings a deep soundstage to p3esr which is something M3s do by being moved from the front wall 3ft or more and the fact they are open baffle, however, only up to 800Hz.
I'll try to make it simple. Would you still love Harbeth + LIO combination if you were not able to listen to them extreme near field?

The combination of p3esr and GR OB subwoofer looks nice, but it wouldn't get an approval with my wife they require extra amps close to them. Maybe only if there is something like xtender which was produced by Harbeth in the past, but an open baffle version.

Oh, one other thing. How wide is the sweet spot when listening extreme near field, does one need to glue his head to certain spot?

Those 2 speakers are completely different animals.

1. How large is your room?
2. What genre of music do you listen to?
3. How loud do you typically listen to music?
4. Are you sensitive to listening fatigue or mind a forward top end?

Email me, I can help. Ron@newrecordday.com

mirekti

« Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2016, 02:51 pm »
Thank you guys, I didn't plan to hijack the thread. My queries will taken offline by sending you a mail.
Cheers!!!

mca

« Reply #7 on: 3 Dec 2016, 07:55 am »
When can we expect to see part 2?

Vinnie R.

« Reply #8 on: 7 Dec 2016, 03:52 pm »
When can we expect to see part 2?

Hi MCA,

Ron mentioned that now that he's finished with the GoldenEar review, he's going to be working on
finishing up LIO Part 2.  So it's next...  8)

He's a busy guy!

Vinnie