Unabashed plug for Odyssey

aaron.luebke

Unabashed plug for Odyssey
« on: 14 Jan 2014, 02:53 am »
I can never question my decision to buy gear from Klaus.   8)

Last summer I purchased a Tempest from the Agon.  It's an early one and the board needs to be replaced.  I haven't had time to worry about it but finally dug it out, found the box and called Klaus last night.  We talked - he didn't seem his usual self but we got the fixit agreement done.  This afternoon I realized I hadn't mentioned I wanted the HT bypass wired in so I sent an email.  I'm very seldom in a hurry and I was truly not worried a bit about it.

Klaus called me about an hour ago apologizing profusely because he didn't recognize me last night.  I bet it's been a year since we last talked and longer since I had gear done.  As a matter of fact he remembered that awhile back (I looked it up - over two years ago!) I had sent him a pair of blown Khartago monoblocks (I blew them on bad gear  :duh:) to make one good stereo unit out of and one of the chassis was still sitting around and offered to fix that up for me also.

How many company owners will take the time to make a personal call like that.  And then remember stuff that I, the client, had completely forgotten about?

The big guy is just amazing... :thumb: 

Thanks Klaus!!!

Oh....by the way - this stuff sounds amazing too!

Phil A

Re: Unabashed plug for Odyssey
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2014, 03:04 am »

The big guy is just amazing... :thumb: 

Oh....by the way - this stuff sounds amazing too!

I concur - bought the Candela demo preamp at the Capital Audiofest last July.  Amazing at its price point.  Soon to add an Odyssey rack and speaker stands

dB Cooper

Re: Unabashed plug for Odyssey
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2014, 05:32 am »
They had one of the better sounding rooms at CAF last year IMHO and left a lot of MUCH more expensive rooms with a lot of explaining to do as far as justifying their high prices. (Again, IMHO, YMMV etc etc etc.)