Tweaking the WT Amadeus

threadkiller

Re: Tweaking the WT Amadeus
« Reply #60 on: 28 Sep 2011, 10:29 pm »
Well, at least it has a use for something.
It certainly feels great, I kept wanting to throw it like a frisbee...the only thing I could find it useful for...

bernie_f

• Laissez les bons temps rouler
« Reply #61 on: 12 Nov 2011, 10:53 pm »
Hi WTs.
Im a proud and happy owner of one of the first Amadeus' produced. It came with a kind of web made of foam, a mat that is used for avoiding carpets from slipping around. Will this also be bettered by the Auditorium 23 mat? Also i have no squash balls as feet. the are conical and i got an isolation board with four elastomere pucks. Should i change to the Auditorium 23 mat and the swedish dampers too?

best regards
bernie

threadkiller

« Reply #62 on: 14 Nov 2011, 03:23 am »
Hi Bernie...
I also have a version like yours... early adopters, I think it's called.
If you have no objections to the isolation board, which in my setup I have to use, you won't gain anything sonically.  The 4 foot version usually allows one to ditch the board.  Usually.

Ditch the mat.  The Auditorium rules.

bernie_f

« Reply #63 on: 15 Nov 2011, 09:55 pm »
Thanks a lot.
Ordered the Auditorium23. Very nice guy Mr. Aschenbrenner. I'll keep you posted when it arrives...

keep spinnin
bernie from vienna

threadkiller

« Reply #64 on: 17 Nov 2011, 04:29 am »
Now Bernie,
Is that Vi-enna down in southern Illinois USA? Or is that Vienna with all that history and the great orchestra...

Remember when you get the Auditorium to adjust VTA accordingly.

Let us know how it goes...

bernie_f

« Reply #65 on: 5 Dec 2011, 09:14 pm »
Got my Auditorium23 mat some days ago. Enjoyed the perfect service and online purchase from Mr. Aschenbrenner himself.

The more i listen to the new setup the more the mat turns out to be a substantial and wholeheartly recommended upgrade. With the rough side downwards it transforms the sound towards the big toys in the five digit league: much higher resolution, deeper and more fluid bass, richer harmonics and even better dynamics than the standard foam mat. Also the background gets darker and retrieval of ambient information is vastly improved.

Thanks a lot for turning my attention to that tweak.

bernie from vienna (with that history and the great orchestras)
« Last Edit: 5 Dec 2011, 10:19 pm by bernie_f »

threadkiller

« Reply #66 on: 5 Dec 2011, 09:23 pm »
Bernie,
You are most welcome!
Enjoy!

threadkiller

« Reply #67 on: 6 Dec 2011, 02:48 am »
Bernie, you said rough side down... the waffle weave side?  We have been putting the waffle weave side up... That's what we were told...

doak

« Reply #68 on: 6 Dec 2011, 04:44 am »
Bernie, you said rough side down... the waffle weave side?  We have been putting the waffle weave side up... That's what we were told...

I tried both sides up before "asking" and much prefer "waffle side up."  Dealer confirmed that's what's recommended.   Though, IMO what works for you is the only "right."   ;- )

threadkiller

« Reply #69 on: 6 Dec 2011, 05:43 am »
That's what we've been told as well....
Bernie, what say you? Or rather Mr A in Germany?

gagamut

« Reply #70 on: 6 Dec 2011, 12:20 pm »
Hi,want to bought the Auditorium23 mat from online shop(i cannot find the mat in my country),anybody can send the link to me??thanks :D

threadkiller

« Reply #71 on: 6 Dec 2011, 03:07 pm »
Where are you?

gagamut

« Reply #72 on: 6 Dec 2011, 03:55 pm »
HONG KONG :D

threadkiller

« Reply #73 on: 6 Dec 2011, 04:01 pm »
You could send an e to Mike Pranka at Toffco in St Louis MO or also reach him at Dynavector USA...

roscoeiii

« Reply #74 on: 6 Dec 2011, 04:13 pm »
Does Mike deal with Auditorium though? I thought he was just the Dynavector and Well Tempered importer. Think Tone Imports does Auditorium. And you have Pitch Perfect Audio in San Fran or Don Better in Cleveland that sell Auditorium. But I don't know of an online site for buying the mats. Think you'd need to send an e-mail to arrange it.

doak

« Reply #75 on: 16 Dec 2011, 08:05 pm »
A suggestion for anyone trying out the Auditorium Mat:
I ended up with an optimum VTA/SRA quite different than I was using with the stock mat - even after compensating for the differences in mat thickness.  What sounds best to me with the Auditorium Mat is more "tail down" than what sounded best with the stock foam mat.  Of course YMMV, but may be worth the experimentation.   :eyebrows:

Doak

DavidS

« Reply #76 on: 18 Dec 2011, 03:41 pm »
One of the things I like about my Amadeus is how easy it is to tweak the setup.  That said I haven't changed the vta on mine since I installed a new 103R about 2 months ago....until yesterday.  I don't have the Auditorium mat but went from tail up (probably too much) to tail just slightly down and what a difference.  More full bodied sound, more bass, a whole different cartridge this 103.  Spent my night listening to music and one after another record was transformed.  Doak thanks for your "tweak" suggestions.

David   

doak

« Reply #77 on: 18 Dec 2011, 11:40 pm »
You're welcome David.

Amazing how getting the VTA "right" brings it all into focus and lets you hear what the setup is capable of doing.

Enjoy!   :wave:
Doak

Shakeydeal

« Reply #78 on: 19 Feb 2012, 09:34 pm »
I put the Boston Audio Mat-1 on my Amadeus. Nice improvement over the foam cell mat.

Shakey